The Student Room Group

Judicial assistant applications 2021

Hi, I just thought I would start a thread on here for anyone who wants to discuss the JA application round and share when they hear back regarding interviews.
Not sure how many people will be applying this year but would be great to get in touch!

Scroll to see replies

I've already applied again, hopefully better luck this year :lol:
Original post by TradLawyer
I've already applied again, hopefully better luck this year :lol:

Fingers crossed for us both! Out of interest, do you know how long roughly before we can expect to hear?
Original post by tottenhamlawyer
Fingers crossed for us both! Out of interest, do you know how long roughly before we can expect to hear?

Months. It's public sector so don't expect them to be quick. Last year I booked my interview in May.
Original post by TradLawyer
Months. It's public sector so don't expect them to be quick. Last year I booked my interview in May.

Thanks for letting me know so I can manage my expectations! Going to be a looooong wait.
hi both, thanks for creating the thread @tottenhamlawyer! do either of you have any idea how competitive the scheme is? its my first time applying!
Original post by mkind95
hi both, thanks for creating the thread @tottenhamlawyer! do either of you have any idea how competitive the scheme is? its my first time applying!

I thought it wasn't very competitive, but then again last year I didn't get an offer so...
What is the deadline to make the application for this?
Reply 8
Original post by the_legal_guy
What is the deadline to make the application for this?

You've missed it. I think it was last Wednesday.
Anyone else's status been changed to 'on hold'?No idea what if anything it means lol
Original post by regallegaleagle
Anyone else's status been changed to 'on hold'?No idea what if anything it means lol

Hi!

Yes, my application says 'on hold' also
Reply 11
Original post by hdavison98
Hi!

Yes, my application says 'on hold' also

So does mine 😊, I’m hoping it means likely to get an interview 🤣 we shall see
Original post by Lucylaw
So does mine 😊, I’m hoping it means likely to get an interview 🤣 we shall see

Same, not reading into it but might just mean they have begun the screening process.
Reply 13
Same, not reading into it but might just mean they have begun the screening process.

From last years thread it does appear it’s the screening process 🤦🏼*♀️ At least it’s moving along!
Reply 14
Anyone heard anymore since the portal changed to “on hold”
Nah, still on hold :frown:
Interviews aren't being held until 13th and 21st May 2021 - don't think we will hear anything until a couple of weeks before these dates.
Reply 17
Original post by rmcqj
Interviews aren't being held until 13th and 21st May 2021 - don't think we will hear anything until a couple of weeks before these dates.

Thank you 😊
Original post by rmcqj

Interesting, thanks for letting us know! How did you find this out?
Interesting, thanks for letting us know! How did you find this out?

It's on the application page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending