The Student Room Group

Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope PCGE Primary 2021/22

Hi, just wondering if anyone has applied for Liverpool Hope or Edge Hill for PGCE primary to start in September 2021? Has anyone had any decisions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aoibheannquigley
Hi, just wondering if anyone has applied for Liverpool Hope or Edge Hill for PGCE primary to start in September 2021? Has anyone had any decisions?

Hi, I’ve applied for Liverpool Hope and have my interview near the end of March! Have you?
Yes I’ve just sent my application today ! (Bit late I know) Have received an interview from edge hill 😊
Reply 3
I had my interview with Edge Hill there on Wednesday and have been offered a place. Although I have an interview with Cumbria on Wednesday 10th, so I want to see how that goes first before I make a decision
I had my interview for edge hill on Wednesday too and was offered a place! I think I am definitely going to go there I got such a good vibe from the interview
That’s good to hear, happy for you both! How did your find the interview?
Reply 6
Original post by Roberts181294

The interviews at both were much the same for me because I chose the mini teach task for Edge Hill and the mini teach was compulsory for Cumbria. Cumbria had the added written task of assessing academic writing, talking about 2 of the 5 extracts. As for the questions, they were quite similar at both as well

Thank you! I actually found the edge hill one really good! The interviewer I had was so lovely and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say compared to other interviews I’ve been to where I felt like they were just quizing me on what I knew. They questions were all about your motivation and your experience so there really isn’t anything to worry about! They also give out offers straight after! Mine came through 5 minutes after the call was over so at least you won’t be sitting waiting and wondering! Xx
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, I’ve applied for Liverpool Hope and have my interview near the end of March! Have you?

I also had an interview for Liverpool hope but that didn’t go as well as the other one, I didn’t get a good vibe even though that’s where I went for my undergrad. I’m really happy choosing Edge Hill 😊
Ah I didn’t select Edge Hill as one of my choices! Well that’s good to hear, glad you found the right course for you!
Original post by Shan93_
The interviews at both were much the same for me because I chose the mini teach task for Edge Hill and the mini teach was compulsory for Cumbria. Cumbria had the added written task of assessing academic writing, talking about 2 of the 5 extracts. As for the questions, they were quite similar at both as well

How was your Cumbria interview? I have put Cumbria as my firm.
Reply 11
Original post by Rachelmac95
How was your Cumbria interview? I have put Cumbria as my firm.

It went so well! I was offered a place and accepted it! Are you for Carlisle or Lancaster campus?
Original post by Shan93_
It went so well! I was offered a place and accepted it! Are you for Carlisle or Lancaster campus?

Lancaster campus, how about you?
Reply 13
Lancaster campus, how about you?

Aw I’m for the Carlisle campus. Lancaster seems to be so popular, seen quite a few are going there
Original post by Shan93_
Aw I’m for the Carlisle campus. Lancaster seems to be so popular, seen quite a few are going ther

Aww, I’ve only found 1 other person doing pgce in lancaster.
Reply 15
Aww, I’ve only found 1 other person doing pgce in lancaster.

1 of the people in my welcome talk had applied to Lancaster but I don’t know if they’ve been successful or not. Plus the person leading the talk gave us the option to swap to Lancaster campus if we wanted. I’ve only found 1 other person from here going to Carlisle, hoping to find a few more. There will maybe be a welcome talk/Facebook group made soon where we’ll find more people
Aww really, hopefully find others too, would be good to get to know people before I go over.
I also had an interview for Liverpool hope but that didn’t go as well as the other one, I didn’t get a good vibe even though that’s where I went for my undergrad. I’m really happy choosing Edge Hill 😊

Hi! I have an offer from edgehill and an interview for hope next week. Just wanting to know why you chose edgehill over hope and have you any tips for the hope interview?
Hiya!! Awww amazing congrats!! Well I went to hope to do the 3 year primary ed course with qts and ended up dropping the qts in second year for personal reasons and now I want to get my qts through the pgce. During the interview they just seemed to be really questioning why I dropped it which I think put me at a disadvantage, I didn’t really like the interview for hope at all. But to be fair the pgce course is the exact same as the 3 year course I’ve already done so I’m glad I’m going to edge hill to learn from a different perspective 😊 For your interview I would definitely show your passion for teaching and how you would make an outstanding lesson! All the other questions were pretty generic and similar to edge hill! Good luck lovely I’m sure you will do fab ❤️
why
Hiya!! Awww amazing congrats!! Well I went to hope to do the 3 year primary ed course with qts and ended up dropping the qts in second year for personal reasons and now I want to get my qts through the pgce. During the interview they just seemed to be really questioning why I dropped it which I think put me at a disadvantage, I didn’t really like the interview for hope at all. But to be fair the pgce course is the exact same as the 3 year course I’ve already done so I’m glad I’m going to edge hill to learn from a different perspective 😊 For your interview I would definitely show your passion for teaching and how you would make an outstanding lesson! All the other questions were pretty generic and similar to edge hill! Good luck lovely I’m sure you will do fab ❤️

Awk thank you! I got a really good vibe from edgehill, so will see how I feel about hope! Another quick question, my ucas track has just updated about the offer. Did you have to send the original copies of your degree etc? I really don't want to post the original 😧

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending