The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/DPhil applicants of Oxford ODID

This thread is for applicants who applied for MPhil/DPhil in International Development/Development Studies in Oxford ODID

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know how long after the supporting documents section disappears that people usually get a reply ? :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by _lou_99
Does anyone know how long after the supporting documents section disappears that people usually get a reply ? :smile:

saw someone say they got one the next day, and a couple other people say maybe 2/3 days later. So definitely seems like a sign news is coming soon if it happens - might depend on if yours changes before everyone else and they send it all out at once, then I suppose you might wait a bit longer... all very unknown!
Reply 3
Original post by Daisy2021
This thread is for applicants who applied for MPhil/DPhil in International Development/Development Studies in Oxford ODID

Thank you so much for this.. It will be great to discuss the results with fellow applicants!
Reply 4
Original post by Lstudent998
saw someone say they got one the next day, and a couple other people say maybe 2/3 days later. So definitely seems like a sign news is coming soon if it happens - might depend on if yours changes before everyone else and they send it all out at once, then I suppose you might wait a bit longer... all very unknown!

Thank you!
I was so desperate to see if anyone got a response that I even checked Twitter. I noticed two people got an offer (or tweeted about it) around March 2-3 but I'm not sure if they applied to the January deadline. It could have been an earlier deadline. But, I think it's a good sign (at least in the case of MPhil) that we all can't upload documents (as far as I know) and that we haven't heard back yet. Honestly, you all ( + the Oxford 2021 thread) have been keeping me somewhat sane because it's nice to know that we can stress about it together!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by bratpid123
I was so desperate to see if anyone got a response that I even checked Twitter. I noticed two people got an offer (or tweeted about it) around March 2-3 but I'm not sure if they applied to the January deadline. It could have been the February deadline. But, I think it's a good sign (at least in the case of MPhil) that we all can't upload documents (as far as I know) and that we haven't heard back yet. Honestly, you all ( + the Oxford 2021 thread) have been keeping me somewhat sane because it's nice to know that we can stress about it together!

Those two people got offer from ODID?
Reply 7
I know interview is not part of the admission process of ODID, but still want to ask does anyone was interviewed by ODID?
Original post by Daisy2021
Those two people got offer from ODID?

Yep. It was for the MPhil in Development Studies.
Reply 9
Has anyone seen whether they are still able to upload the document or not? I can do it, and that's making me feel scared about the results!
Original post by gujupuju
Has anyone seen whether they are still able to upload the document or not? I can do it, and that's making me feel scared about the results!

I just checked I still can - if we are to find out Friday, I guess that function will stop working tomorrow. The fact we know nothing just indicates it's definitely Friday, I really cannot deal with it being next week...
Yep. It was for the MPhil in Development Studies.

But now that I think about it. It's possible that they applied to an earlier deadline because they also mentioned what college they were accepted into. It usually takes about a month after your acceptance that they tell you what your college is then funding (from the oxford website). So, that would mean they most likely applied for the Nov. deadline.
Original post by RStudent1
I just checked I still can - if we are to find out Friday, I guess that function will stop working tomorrow. The fact we know nothing just indicates it's definitely Friday, I really cannot deal with it being next week...

Let's hope that happens!

I still can upload but the moment that I notice it changes I'll make sure to post in this thread.
I still can upload but the moment that I notice it changes I'll make sure to post in this thread.

Thank you so much!
Let's hope that happens!

One thing learned is that they like to take their sweet time, so it would be a shock if we were to find out tomorrow - I highly doubt it
OMG, finally someone made this -- been anxious searching ODID and Dev Studies forever haha
Reply 17
I still have the upload button too. Couldn't help to check email every 3am. Didn't sleep well since last week.
migration studies here! thanks for making this thread saves us all searching the main thread like crazy. Not that this means anything legit but my documents button disappeared today around 13.00 UK time and I haven't heard anything since. Hoping for emails to start flowing soon with offers - good luck all!
Thanks for setting this up! I applied to MPhil development studies for the jan deadline but haven’t heard anything since. Hopefully we all hear back by the end of the week 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending