The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester NHS Professions 2021 Offer Holders

Heya,
This thread is for offer-holders for Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Paramedic Science at the University of Worcester, starting September 2021.

Firstly, congrats on your offers! I thought it would be nice for us to have somewhere to get to know each other. Tell us a little about you, which course you're doing, and anything else you want to :smile:

So, about me, I'm Megs/Maxi (I go by both), age 32, and I've accepted an offer for Physiotherapy. Can't wait to start. I used to go to college in Worcester in my teens and absolutely love the place, so I'm really happy to be moving back.

I chose Worcester because of their amazing work in equality, inclusion and diversity, and because when I visited for the campus tour, everyone was so incredibly friendly and welcoming that I immediately felt at home. It's also a beautiful, safe and green city, which is a real bonus

I hope to hear from other offer-holders here so we can have a chat, and then maybe even meet up for a coffee at Freshers :biggrin:
Hey yes I've got an offer for occupational therapy I'm 24, I havent firmed by choices yet as I've still got two interviews and I'm assuming we can't apply for accomadation until we have all offers, but Worcester will most likely be my firm choice as I don't think I would be suited to a very big city tbh 😊plus I loved how the interview was set out a lot of thought went into the interview
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey yes I've got an offer for occupational therapy I'm 24, I havent firmed by choices yet as I've still got two interviews and I'm assuming we can't apply for accomadation until we have all offers, but Worcester will most likely be my firm choice as I don't think I would be suited to a very big city tbh 😊plus I loved how the interview was set out a lot of thought went into the interview

I loved the interview process as well, it was really nice just chatting with people! Good luck with your other interviews as well
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! When did you apply for OT and when did you interview, if you don't mind me asking? I applied for OT at Worcester and I've not heard back yet, but I applied on the deadline, hope I will hear back soon... thanks!
Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm doing paramedic science. I'm really excited to start and love the look of Worcester. I'd like to get to know a few people doing my course too before starting.
Reply 5
Original post by Lauren_tylr
Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm doing paramedic science. I'm really excited to start and love the look of Worcester. I'd like to get to know a few people doing my course too before starting.

Hi Lauren, nice to meet you! Congrats on your place. There's a Facebook page for new students and I've seen a few people post about paramedic so you'll likely find your coursemates easily over there!
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/865252910997325/?ref=share
Hi, I'm Sinead and I'm doing Physiotherapy.
Reply 7
Received my offer for Occupational Therapy yesterday and I am so happy. I had already found this thread but until now I didn’t have an offer so couldn’t post in it.
Reply 8
Original post by Lauren_tylr

hey Lauren,

I have an interview for paramedic science in Worcester. What kind of questions do they ask? are they hard? Bc I’m very nervous about it😂
Original post by Clrkrk
Received my offer for Occupational Therapy yesterday and I am so happy. I had already found this thread but until now I didn’t have an offer so couldn’t post in it.

Congratulations on your offer! When did you interview? :smile: I'm still waiting on an offer...
For anyone who is on Facebook there are lots of people and group chats on the uni of worcester 2021 page! :smile:
Original post by sinead369
Hi, I'm Sinead and I'm doing Physiotherapy.

Hi! Do you have snapchat? We have a group for worcester physio if you wanted me to add you?
Reply 12
Hi all,
Firstly - hello, can’t wait to meet you all in September! I have accepted a place on the OT BSc and have my student finance accepted but am confused as the nhsbsa bursary application doesn’t have OT as an option! Only the nursing degrees are an option..... am I applying for the wrong bursary or missing something here? Any one else had this issue?
I know there is still lots of time but I don’t want to quit my job before I have all the funding in place to start the course 🤪.
Hi! Congrats on getting a place! I applied a few weeks ago for the grant and my option (physio) came up! Make sure you're on the right link - https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund/training-grant
It's the NHS training grant not the bursary (I think they're different but not sure?) You should be asked to make an NHS LSF account! If that doesn't work just contact the uni and they should be able to help! :smile:
Reply 14
Thanks so much for the link Jessicalucy00. I was looking at the bursary, not the grant 🤦🏼*♀️. All completed.
Reply 15
Hi All,

Physio offer holder here. Just wondered if anyone else had done their DBS yet? Mine came through this morning and I've just sent off. I'm hoping this means my offer will be confirmed as 'non-conditional' once it comes back?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending