The Student Room Group

Stomach fat feels thinner/easier to grab/flabbier after weight loss

I’ve lost around 12kg, today i noticed my stomach fat feels different. it used to be really big and the fat was quite thick if u grabbed it, almost tougher to grab. now i’ve still got stomach fat but yh it feels thinner, doesn’t LOOK thinner and it’s not loose skin, idk how to describe it, softer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
It takes time to see things visually change. How are you feeling in yourself?
Reply 2
this is just you with less fat on you! im 8 stone and my fat is wobbly and easy to grab. i wouldnt worry too much
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
It takes time to see things visually change. How are you feeling in yourself?

some days i feel good but most days i feel gross when i see the fat on my stomach. there defo have been changes as now all my jeans tops bras are all MASSIVE on me but still my stomach makes me feel like crap
Reply 4
Original post by 14t
some days i feel good but most days i feel gross when i see the fat on my stomach. there defo have been changes as now all my jeans tops bras are all MASSIVE on me but still my stomach makes me feel like crap

are you a healthy weight or is this a issue with how you see your body? just so we can make sure you are being safe and healthy
Reply 5
Original post by 14t

But how is your health? Has it improved? Focus more on how it makes you feel mentally and physically rather than the scale or the mirror.

Are you still being safe re: weightloss? I've randomly popped in to threads of yours before but haven't recently. How are you actually doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Pchim
are you a healthy weight or is this a issue with how you see your body? just so we can make sure you are being safe and healthy

I’m 165/166cm & 57kg. healthy weight but i want to loose more fat
Reply 7
Original post by 14t
I’m 165/166cm & 57kg. healthy weight but i want to loose more fat

So you want to focus on toning and not weight loss. Your weight is perfect!
Reply 8
Original post by Pathway
But how is your health? Has it improved? Focus more on how it makes you feel mentally and physically rather than the scale or the mirror.

Are you still being safe re: weightloss? I've randomly popped in to threads of yours before but haven't recently. How are you actually doing?

i feel like my health has improved. i’m being physically safe, i’ve stopped fasting and i eat 1550 but i’m actually thinking of upping to 1650 now school has started (walking an extra hour a day and i’ve increased dumbbell weights which KILLS). it’s more mentally i’m guilt ridden and i feel stressed about not loosing fat/gaining it back
Reply 9
Original post by Pchim
So you want to focus on toning and not weight loss. Your weight is perfect!

i’ve started taking weight training more seriously & replaced my cardio with 10k steps now i have school but i’m still stressed that i’ll be fat forever
Reply 10
Original post by 14t
i’ve started taking weight training more seriously & replaced my cardio with 10k steps now i have school but i’m still stressed that i’ll be fat forever

You want to be targeting the areas specifically you want to tone up. If anything this will gain you weight as muscle is heavier than fat. Although fat is healthy and also a essential part of the body. But id definitely say you have lost enough weight and are perfect the way you are. I dont think you are seeing the improvements you want because lack of tone in your insecurity areas. Really though aslong as you are healthy you are perfect the way you are
Original post by Pchim
You want to be targeting the areas specifically you want to tone up. If anything this will gain you weight as muscle is heavier than fat. Although fat is healthy and also a essential part of the body. But id definitely say you have lost enough weight and are perfect the way you are. I dont think you are seeing the improvements you want because lack of tone in your insecurity areas. Really though aslong as you are healthy you are perfect the way you are

Just because muscle is denser than fat doesn't mean you will inherently gain weight when gaining muscle.

Quick Reply