The Student Room Group

Whats the Apple Watch like as a fitness companion/monitor?

I’m tempted by the series 3 as its just under £200 on Amazon so not too bad. I bought a smart watch for £40 and had to send it back as it was highly inaccurate.

I basically want the watch for these things:

Timer
Distance tracker for running
Distance tracker for cycling
Track sleep

I feel like the lesser known/cheaper brands that offer this functionality are not reliable. My second choice was a Fitbit Versa 2 which is roughly the same price as the Apple Watch so thought as I have an iPhone I’d opt for the watch.

Opinions?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I’m tempted by the series 3 as its just under £200 on Amazon so not too bad. I bought a smart watch for £40 and had to send it back as it was highly inaccurate.

Timer
Track sleep

I feel like the lesser known/cheaper brands that offer this functionality are not reliable. My second choice was a Fitbit Versa 2 which is roughly the same price as the Apple Watch so thought as I have an iPhone I’d opt for the watch.

Opinions?

i know someone who uses the apple watch for the gym and he uses it for the treadmill and swimming in the gym - and i worn sometimes - in my opinion it is very good at keep track of ur exercise (better than samsung galaxy i believe) and so i think it would be good to get - its also cheap right now
i dont know about the track sleep though - if everything else works then that should too
Fitbit is ok but apple is better
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ThuggerThugger

Timer
Track sleep

Opinions?

My standard Fitbit Inspire is very accurate on walking distances and step count. I would recommend the Strava app for running / cycling distance tracking though in areas with good GPS.
Its sleep tracking is pretty ok not very precise, but it does a good job of displaying the points at which you're restless or awake.
I haven't configured it specifically for timing but its automatic exercise tracking is decent enough.
As a budget option Fitbit is excellent to be honest, waterproofing is nice to have at its price-point.
If you want to go for a wrist watch style for HR then I'd steer clear of Fitbit on that respect, given what my runner friends have said. Otherwise I'd recommend the Polar chest-strap one.
I hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by C1rse
My standard Fitbit Inspire is very accurate on walking distances and step count. I would recommend the Strava app for running / cycling distance tracking though in areas with good GPS.
Its sleep tracking is pretty ok not very precise, but it does a good job of displaying the points at which you're restless or awake.
I haven't configured it specifically for timing but its automatic exercise tracking is decent enough.
As a budget option Fitbit is excellent to be honest, waterproofing is nice to have at its price-point.
If you want to go for a wrist watch style for HR then I'd steer clear of Fitbit on that respect, given what my runner friends have said. Otherwise I'd recommend the Polar chest-strap one.
I hope this helps! :smile:

Why was op banned?
Reply 4
Original post by Yazoo_
Why was op banned?

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure but I think that might just be a profile description / title they've given themselves :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest