The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ni fa
Hi Guys

I’d like to know if there’s anyone trying for RCSI-MUB 2021. I’m applying there myself and would like to know anyone else trying there.
Would be great to meet ya.

Thanks

I am, I would appreciate if we could have a chat.
Reply 2
Original post by Med09
I am, I would appreciate if we could have a chat.

Sure, that would be lovely
Reply 3
Hi. I'm applying to RCSI Bahrain for undergraduate medicine. I can't find the closing date for their application. Does anybody know when it is?
Reply 4
Original post by MM1245
Hi. I'm applying to RCSI Bahrain for undergraduate medicine. I can't find the closing date for their application. Does anybody know when it is?

Hey there ! Did you try sending a mail to the uni ? I’m only aware of the fact that they’re still open since the Apply button shows so 😅.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ni fa
Hey there ! Did you try sending a mail to the uni ? I’m only aware of the fact that they’re still open since the Apply button shows so 😅.

I got accepted to the 6 year program but i’m still not sure if I’m going for the seat as I don’t really have much info about the bahrain campus , it would be lovely if present students talk about it
Reply 6
Original post by hasank8777
I got accepted to the 6 year program but i’m still not sure if I’m going for the seat as I don’t really have much info about the bahrain campus , it would be lovely if present students talk about it

I didn't get much luck finding info on this platform but I tried some other platforms where they diligently replied, some seniors, and I'm grateful for it. You could try some similar options. Regardless of accepting the seat, congrats on your offer !!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ni fa
I didn't get much luck finding info on this platform but I tried places like LinkedIn where they diligently replied, some seniors, and I'm grateful for it. You could try some similar options. Regardless of accepting the seat, congrats on your offer !!

What was their reply to you
And thanks !!!!
Good luck in your application!
Hi, how was the interview? What sort of questions did they ask?
What was their reply to you
And thanks !!!!
Good luck in your application!
Original post by Mathlover

Hey
Just relax and try to be yourself, think of yourself as an item in a shop that have to be sold and at the same time the medical school is tryna sell their program to you aswell, again just relax and be yourself.
Reply 10
Original post by Mathlover

Hello there ! Nice to meet you, when's your interview ? Seems like more have applied to RCSI-MUB than I expected lol.
Original post by Ni fa
The seniors were supportive in their reply, it reassured me. They talked about how the uni works and how friendly it is as an international uni. I spoke to a 1st year student as well as an alumni and from the first year I got an idea on the assessments ( two summatives-one at the end of each semester, mcqs, 6 mark questions just like in A levels , seminars etc.) The performance is evaluated and graded in Dublin, that sounds cool to me. The portion is very dense compared to A levels ( ofc we know that bit now, don't we ? In any case not my curriculum so not too aware ) but the teachers in general are very helpful. Assignments are not much except for clinical skills sessions which again isn't very time-consuming I'm told. The uni is very lecture-based or expect you to keep up on lectures and will give you a warning if you are late to class, and that will affect your attending the exams. If you have less than 50% attendance you can't write the exam that semester and would have to write it in the beginning of the next, which obviously makes things difficult. And there's the concept of supplementary exams which I'm not much aware of. The passed-out student is currently working as an intern but at the moment such places are not offered to internationals. He was overall pleased with his experience here. Scholarship is awarded to only 2 students of a particular year while enrolling usually, yes very limited. Although this time I heard 4 people received. Instead of dissection or prosection there's the use of 3D anatomage tables to study anatomy which doesn't put the students at a disadvantage however. There are many who have won awards and shown their excellence ( the use of cadavers is considered unethical here ). The Career's Office I believe is excellent and guides you in choosing the country you wish to practice in, which residency you'd like to get matched into and the specific licensing exams you'd have to write accordingly.

Yes, this is basically every detail noted from them.

You're welcome and thank you, the interview went well.

Hey man thanks for the reply , i have already talked to many people in the uni and many doctors here in the uae and they complemented rcsi mub and rcsi in general and that reassured me too, but only 2 students receive a scholarship per batch?!!! Out of like 270 students from all the three medical programs? Is it a 100% scholarship or what , that you’re talking about?
Reply 12
Hey man thanks for the reply , i have already talked to many people in the uni and many doctors here in the uae and they complemented rcsi mub and rcsi in general and that reassured me too, but only 2 students receive a scholarship per batch?!!! Out of like 270 students from all the three medical programs? Is it a 100% scholarship or what , that you’re talking about?

Hey dude no prob. It covers only 1/3rd of the fees lol. Yes I was surprised too. Well idk how it works in the other two medical programs tbh. It might vary.
Hi I also got in 6 year program from Canada and I decided to accept. I heard the curriculum is great and the exact same as rcsi Dublin and people told me bahrain is a nice and safe place to live. I also like how i can do my electives abroad which is nice in helping me come back to North America for residency. But still if any present students could give advice and expand more on what to expect at rcsi bahrain that would be helpful Thankyou
Reply 14
Original post by Usermed2021
Hi I also got in 6 year program from Canada and I decided to accept. I heard the curriculum is great and the exact same as rcsi Dublin and people told me bahrain is a nice and safe place to live. I also like how i can do my electives abroad which is nice in helping me come back to North America for residency. But still if any present students could give advice and expand more on what to expect at rcsi bahrain that would be helpful Thankyou

Hi, congratulations on your offer ! Well I'd like to emphasize on the same thing as well, hoping for more intel on uni experience from current students. There is a previous message of mine in the thread you could refer to from the perspective of a current first year medical student, if it helps for the time being.
Original post by Usermed2021

Hey
Congratss!!!
I have got into touch with many doctors here in the UAE and many abroad, they told me not to miss out on the offer as the uni’s reputation is extremely good world wide and the graduates tend to be very good in clinical work.
I also got into touch with some students/graduates, and told me that the uni life is amazing, and life/safetiness in bahrain is similar to life here in Abu Dhabi which comforted me honestly.

And recently, few days ago RCSI bahrain medical graduates have been exempted from doing the PLAB test in the UK , so they can now apply straight to jobs without doing any further tests, which comforted me even more and im happy that i took the offer.

I really recommend you that if you want to get in touch with rcsi students or graduates, just visit the university’s instagram page( rcsibahrain), open the comments on any post and you’ll find many students who’re willing to help you.

Good luck!
Reply 16
Heyy, I’m officially going to become a student in the fall, I would really like to make some friends in there, do you have any social media accounts? :3 btw I think we will get along great cuz Levi Ackerman ;D
Reply 17
Original post by JJJ286
Heyy, I’m officially going to become a student in the fall, I would really like to make some friends in there, do you have any social media accounts? :3 btw I think we will get along great cuz Levi Ackerman ;D

Konichiwa to you then 😁
I'll let you know about where we can chat. Congrats on your offer !
Hello! I am a Canadian student that is going to be accepting there offer and I would also love to be able to connect with those going in September. Congrats to everyone that got in :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Spapadop
Hello! I am a Canadian student that is going to be accepting there offer and I would also love to be able to connect with those going in September. Congrats to everyone that got in :smile:

Hi there, congrats on your offer. Same I agree, like for all of us to interact and that's a great idea before joining.

Latest

Trending

Trending