The Student Room Group

Cardiff A100 / A101 / A104 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lowri_roberts123
yeah said the same in my confirmation email but it also said at the end of that sub section that so long as you meet the criteria (being AAA i’m assuming) and cardiff is your firm, then they’ll see you september. So i wouldn’t worry about it just make sure you meet the AAA

Yeah I was confused at that as it seemed to contradict the whole section before? I'm sure it will be fine but I just know I will be nervous until the day my place is 100% confirmed hahah
Original post by Hdavies1212
Yeah I was confused at that as it seemed to contradict the whole section before? I'm sure it will be fine but I just know I will be nervous until the day my place is 100% confirmed hahah

In these circumstances, the University reserves the right to make an independent academic decision on offer holders and will allocate places in accordance with the School of Healthcare Sciences Oversubscription Policy on a fair and reasonable basis. The University will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any inability or failure to admit you to the University as a result of oversubscription that is outside its reasonable control.
All applicants who meet entry criteria are scored by attending an Interview or meeting the set criteria on their personal statement and offers of study are then made based on these scores. It is this score that would be used in the event of oversubscription to a programme for applicants who meet the conditions of their offer. Utilising this score means that the academic and value based approaches are taken into account. Grades achieved and/or tariff may also be used as factors to differentiate between those with the same interview and/or personal statement score.
If you are not allocated a place on the fair and reasonable basis (as defined above) the University will:

Offer you the opportunity of deferring your place to the next available entry point OR;
Agree a place on an appropriate alternative course OR;
Support you in moving to another institution.

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/documents/2486060-school-of-healthcare-sciences-oversubscription-policy

So it looks like your place still isn't confirmed even if you meet the conditions.. Still concerning me :frown:
In these circumstances, the University reserves the right to make an independent academic decision on offer holders and will allocate places in accordance with the School of Healthcare Sciences Oversubscription Policy on a fair and reasonable basis. The University will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any inability or failure to admit you to the University as a result of oversubscription that is outside its reasonable control.
All applicants who meet entry criteria are scored by attending an Interview or meeting the set criteria on their personal statement and offers of study are then made based on these scores. It is this score that would be used in the event of oversubscription to a programme for applicants who meet the conditions of their offer. Utilising this score means that the academic and value based approaches are taken into account. Grades achieved and/or tariff may also be used as factors to differentiate between those with the same interview and/or personal statement score.
If you are not allocated a place on the fair and reasonable basis (as defined above) the University will:

Offer you the opportunity of deferring your place to the next available entry point OR;
Agree a place on an appropriate alternative course OR;
Support you in moving to another institution.

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/documents/2486060-school-of-healthcare-sciences-oversubscription-policy

So it looks like your place still isn't confirmed even if you meet the conditions.. Still concerning me :frown:

i would have thought though that there’s less offers been given because of the high chance of people attaining the grades they need, so surely this has been taken into account by the universities?? i feel like this is included in the email as a ‘just in case’ so in the rare event it does happen, the university can’t be held responsible??
i would have thought though that there’s less offers been given because of the high chance of people attaining the grades they need, so surely this has been taken into account by the universities?? i feel like this is included in the email as a ‘just in case’ so in the rare event it does happen, the university can’t be held responsible??

I don't think they did make less offers than usual. In my interview they said 600-700 were to be given out which lines up with previous years. I have emailed asking for more information about it and how likely it is that they wouldn't even be able to offer a deferred place.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_application_statis_59
(admissions stats for 2017-2019)
(edited 3 years ago)
has anyone asked for feedback regarding how they did
Original post by heythere5697
has anyone asked for feedback regarding how they did

I asked if they can give us interview feedback in the email I just sent. I'll keep you updated with what they say :smile:
Does anyone know how to apply for accommodation on sims. I don’t know where to apply to
Original post by jacksonstorm123
Does anyone know how to apply for accommodation on sims. I don’t know where to apply to

Have you firmed yet? Pretty sure you can only apply when you have firmed
Yh Iv firmed it today. Idk if it takes time for it to like update it on sims or
I asked if they can give us interview feedback in the email I just sent. I'll keep you updated with what they say :smile:

ty!
Hi, a 4th year cardiff medic here, firstly congrats for getting reaping reward for all that hard work I'm sure you all put into your applications and getting that well deserved offer! Lemme know if you have any questions I can help answer :smile:
Reply 51
Hi guys! excited to be here. So where all are y'all from?
Original post by abca4

I'm international, from Hong Kong
Guys I need your opinion. I want to firm Cardiff but don't know when my Leicester and liverpool will come in but I'm going Cardiff regardless anyway I'm just curious to see what I did. Do you think I should withdraw and just firm Cardiff so I don't have to worry up grade inflation and such cos I have an unconditional as a gap year achieved grades student?
Thanks
Original post by abca4

North Wales!
North Wales!

omg Lowri I recognised your name and I think we interviewed together! congrats on getting your place
Original post by abca4

South West London :smile:
Original post by rosefoster
omg Lowri I recognised your name and I think we interviewed together! congrats on getting your place

congrats to you too!! i don’t know about you but that interview went awful for me, and yes i recognise your name now too!! :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by abca4

I’m from Brighton :smile:
congrats to you too!! i don’t know about you but that interview went awful for me, and yes i recognise your name now too!! :smile:

haha thanks actually it was the only one of my interviews that I felt went well the interviewers seemed much more friendly at Cardiff to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending