The Student Room Group

Leeds A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Knav
I don’t think people who aren’t applying to med realise just how competitive and difficult it is to even get an interview, much less an offer. I told my theatre friend I got an offer for Leeds for med and they said “what is the offer? Like B and C?” 🙂
I was like “dude I sacrificed an arm and a leg for this” 😂

doing the bmat, getting the gcses, passing the interview we’ve come a long way😂
Original post by lilymilly20
Someone I know stayed at tannery who does med and she said it was awfulll

I really like white rose view and it’s close to campus but I’m hearing that it’s already oversubscribed
Original post by Danny6541
I really like white rose view and it’s close to campus but I’m hearing that it’s already oversubscribed

Yeah it looks lovely but its new ! so yeah it will probs be a battle lmao and its so expensive
Yeah it looks lovely but its new ! so yeah it will probs be a battle lmao and its so expensive

you got any idea of where you wanna stay?
Reply 64
OMG SAME THING HEREEE!! I work at mcdonalds part time and I was in work in the evening and they found out and were like congrats in getting into uni and then asked me why not oxford and i was like noooo the medicine part is the hardest ahhh so many blood sweat and tears lol and the took my picture ughhh maccies for you! But its a glow up from maccies worker to doctor tho :smile:

That’s actually so inspiring omg well done! I have so much respect for anyone who can hold down a job and simultaneously acquire the best academic achievements. You should be so proud! Can’t wait to see you in Leeds (hopefully if you firm) 😁
OMG SAME THING HEREEE!! I work at mcdonalds part time and I was in work in the evening and they found out and were like congrats in getting into uni and then asked me why not oxford and i was like noooo the medicine part is the hardest ahhh so many blood sweat and tears lol and the took my picture ughhh maccies for you! But its a glow up from maccies worker to doctor tho :smile:

yooooo I work at maccies too😂😂
you got any idea of where you wanna stay?

I have no clue im so stuck gonna spend the weekend looking ahah or my frees lol
Original post by Knav
That’s actually so inspiring omg well done! I have so much respect for anyone who can hold down a job and simultaneously acquire the best academic achievements. You should be so proud! Can’t wait to see you in Leeds (hopefully if you firm) 😁

Oh god its so hard to balance it!!!Oh yesss i'm deffo firming it !!!! seeyou there yayyyy

OMG AHAHAHA such a small world ahaah can't wait to leave tbh its stressful! Customers are the worst lol

ahahah I work at thorpe park and its mad like people really don't get how competitive mediicne is. BUTTT we the future DOCTORS. lemme just cry
Reply 70
Original post by DaisyReynolds
does anyone know what the closest accommodation for med students would be?

We live near Leeds. City side and central village are both right opposite LGI and 5 mins walk to Worsley building. White rose perhaps 10 mins walk. Tannery and sentinel are on other side of med school and similar walk times. They probably like to suggest Tannery for med students as other courses are less likely to choose it due to its location - it’s further from the central part of the campus where many schools are located. Hope that helps people...shame there’s no accommodation open day.
OMG AHAHAHA such a small world ahaah can't wait to leave tbh its stressful! Customers are the worst lol

ikrrrr the discount tho😍😍
I have no clue im so stuck gonna spend the weekend looking ahah or my frees lol

@me if you find any good ones i’m not sure where to go and i’d rather have someone on the same course with me 😂
Reply 73
congrats everyone
Original post by abigailhallam02
ahahah I work at thorpe park and its mad like people really don't get how competitive mediicne is. BUTTT we the future DOCTORS. lemme just cry

we made it 😂😭
Reply 75
we made it 😂😭

Not yet for those of us who haven’t achieved the grades 😭🤣
Pain fr, can’t even celebrate properly and there’s the next fck hurdle
Reply 76
Original post by Knav

I had to go through all that last year I got conditionals but then didn’t get the grades lol came a long way. Hopefully you GET THE GRADES YOU NEED!!!
Original post by abigailhallam02

People who work with awkward customers unite lmao i love my mates at work but i hate the actual job lol
Original post by Knav

I hope i get the ABB offer i neeeeed it lol im a2l thank god
Someone I know stayed at tannery who does med and she said it was awfulll

yeah also i dont think we need to necessarily stay close to the hospital

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending