The Student Room Group

Cardiff A100 / A101 / A104 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosefoster
haha thanks actually it was the only one of my interviews that I felt went well the interviewers seemed much more friendly at Cardiff to be honest

Yeah i thought interviewers were really nice and helpful too, are you going to firm cardiff?? I’m still waiting from Liverpool but i’m like 99% sure i’ll firm Cardiff :smile:
Original post by abca4
Hi guys! excited to be here. So where all are y'all from?

Hi!! I'm from Wiltshire :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by rosefoster
South West London :smile:

Thats cool! Im from Singapore!
Original post by Jono1o10
Guys I need your opinion. I want to firm Cardiff but don't know when my Leicester and liverpool will come in but I'm going Cardiff regardless anyway I'm just curious to see what I did. Do you think I should withdraw and just firm Cardiff so I don't have to worry up grade inflation and such cos I have an unconditional as a gap year achieved grades student?
Thanks

hey, I'm exactly in the same boat and I'm also confused what to do bc Liv and Leic are taking their sweet time unfortunately :frown: I have a question though - if we firm and apply for accomm doesn't that mean we may get first choice on accomm, since our offers are already met? if that's right doesn't that mean we can afford to wait?
Congrats everyone! I’m from Northern Ireland .. still waiting to hear back from Liverpool and Queen’s Belfast. I prefer Cardiff over Liverpool but I’m familiar with Queen’s as it’s in my home town. Not sure get which uni I’ll firm if I get an offer from Queen’s 🤔
Reply 65
Hey has anyone sent in GCSE certificates yet?
Reply 66
Original post by dricc3
Hey has anyone sent in GCSE certificates yet?

yep just sent mine in
Reply 67
Original post by abca4
yep just sent mine in

How did you do it? I can't see the option on Cardiff SIMs...
Reply 68
Original post by abca4
yep just sent mine in

Have you firmed cardiff?
Original post by dricc3
How did you do it? I can't see the option on Cardiff SIMs...

Ye how do we send our GCSE grades in? There is no option for me!
Reply 70
Original post by Miaya_H
Have you firmed cardiff?

Going to be doing that soon, I'm waiting on an offer from Liverpool but I'd much rather go to Cardiff. Is there a deadline for firming the offer? or does it help if you firm the offer earlier?
Original post by file4file
Ye how do we send our GCSE grades in? There is no option for me!

Where does it say you even need to? It says they only need qualifications relevant to the offer and if they aren't sent by UCAS so that should only include achieved A level/ equivalent grades surely
Original post by abca4
Going to be doing that soon, I'm waiting on an offer from Liverpool but I'd much rather go to Cardiff. Is there a deadline for firming the offer? or does it help if you firm the offer earlier?

You don't have to decide on your first and insurance choices until all your offers are back in from the (up to) five universities you applied for. Ucas Track will then show you the deadline you have to decide by. Generally, the deadline will be early May or June.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/the-smart-way-to-choosing-your-first-and-insurance-choices#:~:text=You%20don't%20have%20to%20decide%20on%20your%20first%20and,be%20early%20May%20or%20June.
in case any of you were wondering about your interview score, I emailed admissions for it if possible and they said that they don't release this info but they will give feedback to all interviewees in ~4-6 weeks :smile:
Original post by lowri_roberts123
Yeah i thought interviewers were really nice and helpful too, are you going to firm cardiff?? I’m still waiting from Liverpool but i’m like 99% sure i’ll firm Cardiff :smile:

Same it’s my favourite of my options I’m just waiting on Bristol but even if I get that I think I prefer Cardiff
Reply 75
Original post by abca4
Hi guys! excited to be here. So where all are y'all from?

South London!
Original post by abca4
Thats cool! Im from Singapore!

you definitely win on coolness I have to say
Original post by examswithnojams
in case any of you were wondering about your interview score, I emailed admissions for it if possible and they said that they don't release this info but they will give feedback to all interviewees in ~4-6 weeks :smile:

Thank you! Do you have any idea what the feedback will be if they can't give interview scores?
Has anyone booked accommodation yet
Original post by jacksonstorm123
Has anyone booked accommodation yet

not yet, waiting on liverpool to give decisions but going to firm cardiff anyway. Thinking of taly gate or court, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending