The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by AdamGenga
Hey, I'm thinking of getting a house with other grads! Would much rather live with people that are a bit older and a lot cheaper!

ah amazing - yes i completely agree!! be a lot better that way and be a nice to be living with other people on the course
Original post by ago99
ah amazing - yes i completely agree!! be a lot better that way and be a nice to be living with other people on the course

Yeah definitely!
Original post by KD02
Original post by Top Banana
So had a look and it states that anyone 25 and over can live in postgraduate regardless of undergrad or postgrad. With the first year being longer than a normal University year the only option is postgrad as undergrad contracts are only 40 weeks?

The 40 weeks should be long enough for the first year, 1st year is from 20th September to 17th June

It depends whether you're on A100 or A101. For those of us on the accelerated course we start 6th September and don't finish until 29th July (Covid dependent obviously), which is over 40 weeks. Presumably if the university is offering us halls though they would make an exception and extend the standard lease beyond 40 weeks given that we need to be there for longer.

I wouldn't mind halls if we were with grads/other people on the A101 course, I think the bureaucracy would be easier to navigate than renting, but I would definitely be up for renting privately with other grad medics too.
Reply 83
Original post by Perikles150
It depends whether you're on A100 or A101. For those of us on the accelerated course we start 6th September and don't finish until 29th July (Covid dependent obviously), which is over 40 weeks. Presumably if the university is offering us halls though they would make an exception and extend the standard lease beyond 40 weeks given that we need to be there for longer.

I wouldn't mind halls if we were with grads/other people on the A101 course, I think the bureaucracy would be easier to navigate than renting, but I would definitely be up for renting privately with other grad medics too.

Ah my bad, I completely forgot that this thread also contained people from the a101 course
Original post by ago99
hey! i’ve got an offer for A101 and was wondering what other grads are thinking of doing about accommodation? I don’t fancy halls and I’m hoping to find a house to rent with others

I'm a grad in a similar position, but I'm A100 :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by IsabelleParris
I'm a grad in a similar position, but I'm A100 :smile:

ahh congrats! glad to see there’s a few of us - hopefully be able to sort something out :smile:
Original post by ago99
ahh congrats! glad to see there’s a few of us - hopefully be able to sort something out :smile:

I'm hoping that we can meet everyone on the course at an offer holders event and then hopefully sort things out from there!
Reply 87
Original post by daisy555
I'm hoping that we can meet everyone on the course at an offer holders event and then hopefully sort things out from there!

yea good idea! do they have a date for the offer holder event? :smile:
Original post by ago99
yea good idea! do they have a date for the offer holder event? :smile:

Going off this I think April but they haven't said an actual date yet
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclacuk/schoolofmedicaleducation/files/Admissions%20policy%202021%20-with%20Covid%2019%20addendum%20(1).pdf
Reply 89

amazing thank you! just wondering about booking it off work is all
Reply 90
Could anyone (if they know anything) tell me more about leazes parade it’s a private accommodation that is about a 20 min walk away from the medical school
Reply 91
I got an email for the offer holder event and it’s on 17 Apr. Went straight to junk mail
Original post by medinc
I got an email for the offer holder event and it’s on 17 Apr. Went straight to junk mail

wait same
Reply 93
Original post by medinc

Thanks for letting us know :biggrin:
Reply 94
Can anyone clarify what type of testing is on the course? Is is mostly multiple choice or is it essay style as well. Do we need to buy books before we start? Does anyone know if they put grads ( on A100) together in halls?
Original post by Fablad
Can anyone clarify what type of testing is on the course? Is is mostly multiple choice or is it essay style as well. Do we need to buy books before we start? Does anyone know if they put grads ( on A100) together in halls?

Heyyyy @Fablad,

You can find all that information and more here...

https://pdf.ncl.ac.uk/ug/2021/a100.pdf

Hope that helps :h:

Let me know if you have anymore questions :biggrin:

___________________________________________________________________________________
Zuzu
University of Glasgow
Register for our free webinars: https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medicine...mind-webinars/
Reply 96
Original post by Medic Mind
Heyyyy @Fablad,

You can find all that information and more here...

https://pdf.ncl.ac.uk/ug/2021/a100.pdf

Hope that helps :h:

Let me know if you have anymore questions :biggrin:

___________________________________________________________________________________
Zuzu
University of Glasgow
Register for our free webinars: https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medicine...mind-webinars/

Thanks for that! 👍
Reply 97
Thanks for that! 👍
Reply 98
That was helpful but I had read it before and it doesn’t say what format the exams take or how frequently. I will probably get the answers on open day . Thanks
just got an offer thank god

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending