The Student Room Group

Denmark will limit the number of 'non-Western' residents in neighbourhoods to 30%

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Starship Trooper
Whatever the effectiveness of it it's good politics. Denmark's SDP (and new Zealand's) are the strongest performing centre left parties (where most are declining) for tackling the immigration issue head on.
If labour wants to win they should take a leaf from their book.

Some people in Britain seem to be a bit racist/xenophobic, so it would make political sense to have some slightly racist/xenophobic policies. It certainly worked for Brexit.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Some people in Britain seen to be a bit racist/xenophobic, so it would make political sense to have some slightly racist/xenophobic policies. It certainly worked for Brexit.

Basically* yeah. 👍

The will of the people! 🇬🇧 😉

*(On a serious note I don't think that just because a majority wants something that makes it right. Nor that wanting to reduce immigration or stop it entirely is necessarily racist...)
Original post by Lucifer323
It's about time.

Although 30% is still high.
The actual figure should be no more than 10% everywhere. Not to say 5%

Multiculturalism has serious issues and people should not be forced to accept each other or tolerate each other when they are not able to do so.

It is pretty high but at least it is a starting point.
Original post by TCA2b
It is pretty high but at least it is a starting point.

The problem with multicultural societies is that it's a matter of time until ethnic and racial tensions become matters states can't ignore.

Furthermore people should be pushed, intimidated, or blackmailed, to accept others into their cycles and cultures. If they can't live together then living separate is not a problem.

The example of Denmark is not Unique. However if someone had been to Denmark in the last few years and let's say 20 years ago they will see that many areas have changed and are changing demographically. Obviously a very nice political and economical system, they of Denmark, and a secular liberal society, cannot be compatible with the ideology of Islam of you know what I mean.
The problem with multicultural societies is that it's a matter of time until ethnic and racial tensions become matters states can't ignore.

Furthermore people should be pushed, intimidated, or blackmailed, to accept others into their cycles and cultures. If they can't live together then living separate is not a problem.

The example of Denmark is not Unique. However if someone had been to Denmark in the last few years and let's say 20 years ago they will see that many areas have changed and are changing demographically. Obviously a very nice political and economical system, they of Denmark, and a secular liberal society, cannot be compatible with the ideology of Islam of you know what I mean.

+1

Careful you're dangerously close to being red pilled. 👍😂
+1

Careful you're dangerously close to being red pilled. 👍😂

Red pill??
Red pill??

The 'red pill' is a metaphor from the Matrix which social conservatives such as myself use to describe the process of gradually abandoning/ rejecting previously held left wing beliefs in say Equality and Multiculturalism.

I thought you doing trolling, would be aware of it.
The 'red pill' is a metaphor from the Matrix which social conservatives such as myself use to describe the process of gradually abandoning/ rejecting previously held left wing beliefs in say Equality and Multiculturalism.

I thought you doing trolling, would be aware of it.

I know what the red pill is...
I didn't know you have had left wing ideas...
So..no more red pill for you I suppose!
I know what the red pill is...
I didn't know you have had left wing ideas...
So..no more red pill for you I suppose!

I'm afraid I haven't always been this awesome 😂

Life is the biggest red pill my friend 🚀
I'm afraid I haven't always been this awesome 😂

Life is the biggest red pill my friend 🚀

👽👽👽

Yep, well 5-10% would be a much better goal than 30%, but baby steps, as they say.
I approve of something like this tbh, although I think 30% is still a bit too high. When you have so many people who enter a country bringing incompatible cultures and beliefs you always get enclaves. Just go to certain areas of pretty much any UK city and begin to question what country you’re in.
Original post by Djtoodles
I approve of something like this tbh, although I think 30% is still a bit too high. When you have so many people who enter a country bringing incompatible cultures and beliefs you always get enclaves. Just go to certain areas of pretty much any UK city and begin to question what country you’re in.

Precisely!

An example of incompatibility is the cultural aspects of Islam and Islam itself which is a stone age ideology trying to survive or even establish itself as a primary force in secular liberal democracies.

@TCA2b
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 33
i do find the Daily Mail article misleading as its opening paragraph misses a key word here - 'poor'. Denmark is not cracking down on all neighbourhoods, just the 'poor' ones.

(i know another user has already posted the link to this but here it is for reference)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/denmark-plans-to-limit-non-western-residents-in-disadvantaged-areas

i mean I come from a country that has closed borders and i used to work in immigration, and i know full-well that immigration restrictions are more classist than racist cuz if you have money you can be from (almost) anywhere and a new country will welcome you :yep:. and i get why it has to be like that way for economic reasons (even tho it's harsh). in this case i suppose if Denmark could link crime and poverty to these neighbourhoods and with 'non-western' immigrants settling there and it was over a long period of time (like a decade) then i can see the justification for new restrictions. if it was based on fears of 'white genocide' tho not sure how i'd feel about that but i guess it's their state and they can do what they want with it :dontknow:
Reply 34
Original post by Djtoodles

In what way are they incompatible? After all, say what you want about how hard islam and western liberal socieities clash but that doesnt mean every single person from an islamic country/background ipso facto subscribes to the incompatible aspect does it?

As to the city comment, this is an observation as old as time itself. Be it ancient Rome, Persepolis or whichever. People have always migrated and settled in different countries. Purporting it to be a problem, let alone a modern one, seems somewhat dishonest.
Funny thing in my social media feeds about this article is seeing all the people on the right who are normally dead against quotas, support this when they agree with the outcome.
True but I think it's a tad of an exaggeration. The levels of immigration we have had and at this pace is unprecedented. Additionally it has always been some sort of issue that has needed to be resolved. Because we used to have Irish or French immigrants in reasonable numbers doesn't mean we can suddenly take in 30'000 Somalis every month... (I'm using that as an Example, NOT A FACT mods )

The Roman empire collapsed in large part because it became too reliant on immigrant labour in an increasingly divided and multicultural society ruled over by a corrupt, incompetent, out of touch and feckless elite.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? 😉 ...
What's really puzzling is why Muslims would want to emigrate to the bacon capital of the world in the first place....
don’t integrate, don’t learn the language, reject local customs, force their culture on others, live in inward communities consisting of people like themselves, use their medical care, send money back home, unemployed, entitled.. ‘British expats’ they call themselves. Why not break these up too?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by yeetouttawindow
don’t integrate, don’t learn the language, reject local customs, force their culture on others, live in inward communities consisting of people like themselves, use their medical care, send money back home, unemployed, entitled.. ‘British expats’ they call themselves. Why not break these up too?

If thats what the foreign government (eg Spain ) wants to do then fine that's their perogative.

And if these expats were found to be a detriment to society I would 100% support them doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending