The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

DPhil anthropology oxford 2021

Application updates

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, was a bit lost on the the postgraduate thread too. I applied to the MSc in Medical Anthropology, haven't heard a peep back though. And I can still see the supporting documents bit on the portal :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Same here. I applied for the DPhil. But we just hit the 8 weeks period. We should hear in the next two weeks
Hello, I applied to the MSc And Mphil Social- Anthropology program. I’m still waiting to hear back! Super excited for this group. I already got accepted at Cambridge and waiting to see funding packages.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Hello, I applied to the MSc And Mphil Social- Anthropology program. I’m still waiting to hear back! Super excited for this group. I already got accepted at Cambridge and waiting to see funding packages.

Congrats 🎉

I got an offer from UCL. Just waiting on Oxford.
Original post by DeeDeems
Congrats 🎉

I got an offer from UCL. Just waiting on Oxford.

Omg! Congrats to you too! I’ve been looking for other Anthro applicants and felt all alone in the waiting process. So I’m really excited about this group!
Reply 6
Hi! I applied for the SocAnth Mphil in the nov deadline (the wait is killing me). I’ve got offers from Cambridge and LSE.
Original post by mali13
Hi! I applied for the SocAnth Mphil in the nov deadline (the wait is killing me). I’ve got offers from Cambridge and LSE.

Congrats! Do you have a first choice?
Reply 8
Congrats! Do you have a first choice?

Thank you! :smile: I guess if I end up getting into Oxford it really depends on funding, since the Oxford MPhil is twice as long as the Cam one. If I don’t get any funding/don’t get in, I will go to Cambridge and reject lse
Reply 9
I am applying for MSc Social Anthropology. I got offers from UCL and LSE. I'm really worried because Oxford is the place I want to go the most.Did your upload button disappear? (I still have:frown:)
Reply 10
DeeDeems, I think that’s now three of us waiting on the dphil (on this platform) so far. Is your upload button still there? Have you heard anything from the department?
Reply 11
I got the dreaded 2am rejection today. Guess I’m off to Cambridge. Best of luck to all of you!!
Reply 12
Original post by beji
DeeDeems, I think that’s now three of us waiting on the dphil (on this platform) so far. Is your upload button still there? Have you heard anything from the department?

I just want to clarify ,, the upload button is where it says upload documents —> upload

If so yes I still have it ,, didn’t hear anything for the department yet

What about you ?
Reply 13
I just want to clarify ,, the upload button is where it says upload documents —> upload

What about you ?

I asked yesterday and they said they’re still looking at the applications and haven’t made a decision yet. So I’m guessing we will have to wait at least another week, if not more if they decide to proceed in batches.. I thought they would make decisions for the dphils prior to the masters applicants but apparently it’s not the case.
Reply 14
Original post by beji
I asked yesterday and they said they’re still looking at the applications and haven’t made a decision yet. So I’m guessing we will have to wait at least another week, if not more if they decide to proceed in batches.. I thought they would make decisions for the dphils prior to the masters applicants but apparently it’s not the case.

Let’s give them two more weeks cause the ay said 8 to 10 weeks and we just hit the mark of 8weeks
Hello hello, I’m the third DPhil Anthropology applicant :smile: Definitely think you are right that it will take another week or two, but I don’t know if I can keep up my unhealthy relationship with my email inbox for that long!
Original post by mali13
I got the dreaded 2am rejection today. Guess I’m off to Cambridge. Best of luck to all of you!!

Sorry to hear that but best of luck at Cambridge! Really hope you get the funding of your dreams :smile:
Original post by mali13

Congrats on your acceptance again! I’m sorry to hear about this and wish you the very best for the future! Who knows, I might be joining you at Cambridge as well.
Reply 18
Congrats on your acceptance again! I’m sorry to hear about this and wish you the very best for the future! Who knows, I might be joining you at Cambridge as well.

Thank you! Let me know if you end up coming to Cambridge :smile:
Reply 19

What about you ?

Let’s give them two more weeks cause the ay said 8 to 10 weeks and we just hit the mark of 8weeks

Hey, quick question. Do all people applying for masters in anthropology in oxford have a first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending