The Student Room Group

β™« 🎢 Intro:NEVERMIND πŸŽΆβ™«

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
● update ●
Okay y'all so this is one of them times when I'm feeling pretty demotivated and quite frankly just down in the dumps but I'm trying to overcome it by doing some French revision (I have an exam next week) so yeah that's what I'm doing right now. I feel like I'm not really going to focus on anything else until I complete my French exam because it's really important and part of my final GCSE grade so yeah, priorities. Also if anyone has any tips on how to be more motivated, time management and just overall how to get myself together it would be really useful because right now I'm not really envisioning the best for myself and I genuinely want to change my mindset but I don't know how.
● things I need to do before we return to school ●

Spoiler

side note; things I've done in green / things I've not done in black / things I don't end up doing or change mind about in red
● update ●
Y'all my French exam is tomorrow and I still ain't completely prepared.... welp I'll just have to try my best.
Tbh it's my fault for not revising more and I need to do better when it comes to things like these that may affect my grades. Next time, when I have a test or exam, I am going to be more prepared and start as early as possible. No leaving things to last minute or the week before.
● update ●
Hey, I did my french exam today. It wasn't too bad I guess - I forgot some stuff for but yeah. I'm gonna start taking my revision seriously now that I've done this test. I've spent too long doing nothing - I need to start now. Something that revising for French taught me is that a little can go a long way and although something seems overbearing, once you begin it is less scary than it was before.

● update ●
Yoooo, I really didn't expect to leave this blog for too long. My plan in my head was to complete my list and come back when I've finished the things I need to do before school but tbh the things in my list I haven't done. As you all may already know, I struggle with time management so it's not much of a surprise to see that I didn't do what I intended to do. Anyways some of the tasks were too big to do in one week so it's cool. Today was my first day back and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Even the covid test wasn't too bad - I thought they would shove the swab down your throat but I did it myself and it was acc pretty easy. We didn't have any lessons today because it was just for testing so it was quite chill. I got home and did some French revision and history and I caught up on some English work. I'm about to continue but I just wanted to update on what is happening. I plan to keep on revising and trying my best but to also put some focus on my classwork and make sure that I do everything to the best of my ability. I'm excited to be back though I know this excitement will die down once I begin proper lessons. I'm just kinda meh rn so yeah. If anyone has revision tips or anything like that please comment below because I really want to take things seriously and do things to the best of my abilities.
● to do list ●

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
I just want to say that I am really tired lol. I've managed to do some French revision so far but I'm already exhausted. Hopefully I can finish the rest of my list before I sleep today...
surprise surprise, I ended up falling asleep before I could finish my list lol
● to do list ●

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
*deep sigh* I procrastinated after school today so I'm gonna try and get some work done before I sleep. I might need to pull an all nighter cos I have a lot I need to do...:colonhash:
● update ●
Welp, it's been a while. Well right now I'm revising for an RE test I have tomorrow and then a French assessment on Thursday. I kinda left things last minute so I have to pretty much revise as much as I can tonight and tomorrow night. My opinion on the whole centre assessed grades thing is that I feel motivated to work harder in class and just overall improve in class. I'm starting to develop a revision timetable and I just have some ways in mind in which I would like to revise. After I finish all my assessments this week I need to revise science paper 2 and history because I have assessments on those during/after easter so I need to start asap. I'm gonna be free on Thursday so I'm going to start then. In the meantime, I'm going to go and revise now.
● update ●
Um, so I don't have much to say apart from the fact that I had an RE meanings test today and I have another RE assessment tomorrow as well as a French one so I plan on spending my evening revising. This week has been quite hectic and I haven't had the opportunity for much sleep but hopefully by Friday I would have finished and I can relax. I have some assessments to start revising for during the weekend so I'm also going to get to those soon. Overall my current mood is tired but trying to get through the rest of the week.
● update ●
Hey, so this week was very stressful due to all the tests that I had but I'm glad that it's finally Friday. I plan to revise during the weekends (it's essential) and because I didn't do anything today (cos I was tired) I have even more to catch up on so yeah, that's fun. I feel like I've been writing a lot of updates so I'll try and think of something interesting to write tomorrow. I would say the highlight of my week was when my RE exam got moved to next week and the worst moment of this week might be today actually when I had a surprise maths past paper to do in class. Tbh it's not that bad but it's the most not good thing I can think of right now.
Original post by StarshineDiamond
● update ●
Hey, so this week was very stressful due to all the tests that I had but I'm glad that it's finally Friday. I plan to revise during the weekends (it's essential) and because I didn't do anything today (cos I was tired) I have even more to catch up on so yeah, that's fun. I feel like I've been writing a lot of updates so I'll try and think of something interesting to write tomorrow. I would say the highlight of my week was when my RE exam got moved to next week and the worst moment of this week might be today actually when I had a surprise maths past paper to do in class. Tbh it's not that bad but it's the most not good thing I can think of right now.

its nearly the easter holidays now so make sure to have some fun too :h:
Original post by shxttah_x
its nearly the easter holidays now so make sure to have some fun too :h:

merci beaucoup xx
IMPORTANT NOTICE
It was probably inevitable but I'm going to take a rest/short break from my gyg whilst I revise during the Easter holidays. I have a lot of exams like a week after we return so I really want to focus on those. I'll return to my normal posting when the majority of my exams have been completed which is around the 20th of May. Thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog including @shxttah_x I hope you have a nice Easter and overall a restful break.
IMPORTANT NOTICE
It was probably inevitable but I'm going to take a rest/short break from my gyg whilst I revise during the Easter holidays. I have a lot of exams like a week after we return so I really want to focus on those. I'll return to my normal posting when the majority of my exams have been completed which is around the 20th of May. Thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog including @shxttah_x I hope you have a nice Easter and overall a restful break.

haven't been active on tsr myself... hope you have a good easter break as well
haven't been active on tsr myself... hope you have a good easter break as well

thank you <3 It's kind of contradictory to my statement to have been active on tsr for the past 2 days (without posting here) but I think Monday is when I'm really going to be busy so no time to be on tsr
thank you <3 It's kind of contradictory to my statement to have been active on tsr for the past 2 days (without posting here) but I think Monday is when I'm really going to be busy so no time to be on tsr

same his week was like my time to relax and take a break from school stuff... but im gonna properly start my revision tomorrow
how's easter sunday?
same his week was like my time to relax and take a break from school stuff... but im gonna properly start my revision tomorrow
how's easter sunday?

it was chill, didn't do much. I think as I got older holidays like these became less significant and celebrated.. or maybe it's just cos of lockdown but it felt like pretty much every other day. u?

Quick Reply

Latest