The Student Room Group

October English lit resit 2020

Does anyone doing the English Lit retake in October have any clue or idea what the questions could be on??? For reference I do Othello, Gatsby, Handmaid's Tale, Streetcar

Scroll to see replies

Yo, how did you find the drama exam? I'm doing handmaid's but not gatsby but the question will be the same right?
Original post by j.d.h.11.jh
Yo, how did you find the drama exam? I'm doing handmaid's but not gatsby but the question will be the same right?

the questions were ok but my timing sucked, I need to do better for the handmaids paper. what do you think the questions gonna be? The past two years was stuff to do with old south vs new south, I think it might be a theme? or an aspect of blanche?
Oh wait what exam board are you? I'm edexcel so we just did streetcar/ othello. It was on imagery/ honour for othello - or marriage/ the beginning of the play for streetcar.
Oh wait what exam board are you? I'm edexcel so we just did streetcar/ othello. It was on imagery/ honour for othello - or marriage/ the beginning of the play for streetcar.

mine is aqa ://// what books are in your second paper? I just had Othello, Gatsby and poetry

mine is aqa ://// what books are in your second paper? I just had Othello, Gatsby and poetry
Original post by alexchivers77

Oh you had those together? Our second paper is just the prose texts - so handmaid's and Frankenstein, and then poetry is the final paper. What was your Othello question?
Oh you had those together? Our second paper is just the prose texts - so handmaid's and Frankenstein, and then poetry is the final paper. What was your Othello question?

Othello was Iago's view on love, what was your streetcar one??
Othello was Iago's view on love, what was your streetcar one??

Woah that's such a specific question. Our streetcar options were marriage/ the presentation of the beginning of the play. Hope it goes well!
Woah that's such a specific question. Our streetcar options were marriage/ the presentation of the beginning of the play. Hope it goes well!

yikes that's broad. handmaids will most likely be a theme question right? Good luck to you to! what grade do you need and for which uni do you mind me asking??
yikes that's broad. handmaids will most likely be a theme question right? Good luck to you to! what grade do you need and for which uni do you mind me asking??

Yeah think it would have to be? Unless it's like explore the presentation of the protagonists or something. And thank you! I need an A eek to hopefully get me into Cambridge - what about you?
Yeah think it would have to be? Unless it's like explore the presentation of the protagonists or something. And thank you! I need an A eek to hopefully get me into Cambridge - what about you?

That's totally doable, you sound capable. I need an A for UCL yikes, paper 1 didn't go as well as I hoped though so I need to do really well in this. My timing for handmaids tale is always trash :frown:
That's totally doable, you sound capable. I need an A for UCL yikes, paper 1 didn't go as well as I hoped though so I need to do really well in this. My timing for handmaids tale is always trash :frown:

You've got this! And I really hope so ugh - the whole thing does feel like such a gamble, I can never tell how exams went. Let's hope the grade boundaries are good to us all this year + fingers crossed that your question is a blessing!
what exam board are u

Hey! Do you remember what the poems of the decade question was?
Does anyone doing the English Lit retake in October have any clue or idea what the questions could be on??? For reference I do Othello, Gatsby, Handmaid's Tale, Streetcar

any chance you can remember the unseen for poems of the decade? would be a massive help thank you!
Original post by Jennifer 123
any chance you can remember the unseen for poems of the decade? would be a massive help thank you!

Don't remember the name but it was about a speaker who visits a garden type place which is now almost abandoned - relatively easy to analyse
does anyone know what the romantic poetry question was on/which poem was given?
Original post by Misty_Cloud2208
Don't remember the name but it was about a speaker who visits a garden type place which is now almost abandoned - relatively easy to analyse

Yes I sat it on Monday - I've also forgotten the name, I did the gardens question with Chainsaw and it was fine, thanks for the help!
Reply 19
Original post by Jennifer 123
Yes I sat it on Monday - I've also forgotten the name, I did the gardens question with Chainsaw and it was fine, thanks for the help!

did you sit the frankenstein and handmaids paper, if so do you remember what the questions were at all xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending