The Student Room Group

Some really random ramblings - in French!

Poll

What should the name of my character be?

Hi everyone! :wavey:

So I’m taking A-Level french next year and I want to find some ways to improve and help with that, so I thought I would just write some stuff! I’m not really sure how it will be, whether a large story or mini stories or even just random sentences as I see fit.

I really want to improve my french, so if anyone who is frenchy spots mistakes please please tell me, don’t worry about feeling bad I want to know where I’m messing up.

I know there’s the issue of not posting in other languages, but I think if I provide the English translation I should be fine, however I’m going to check this with mods.

I hope you find this slightly entertaining. Vive la France!

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by heldbygrace
Hi everyone! :wavey:

So I’m taking A-Level french next year and I want to find some ways to improve and help with that, so I thought I would just write some stuff! I’m not really sure how it will be, whether a large story or mini stories or even just random sentences as I see fit.

I really want to improve my french, so if anyone who is frenchy spots mistakes please please tell me, don’t worry about feeling bad I want to know where I’m messing up.

I know there’s the issue of not posting in other languages, but I think if I provide the English translation I should be fine, however I’m going to check this with mods.

I hope you find this slightly entertaining. Vive la France!

Je peut essayer de t’aider ?
@Elizabeth II
Hi, hope you don’t mind, but just wanted to tag you in as a mod to make sure that this is allowed. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Tashax2
Je peut essayer de t’aider ?

Oui merci. :hugs:

Please include an English translation because the thread will get shut down otherwise

Spoiler

Oui merci. :hugs:

Please include an English translation because the thread will get shut down otherwise

Spoiler

bonjour comment vas-tu ce week-end
Original post by Wise Goldie
bonjour comment vas-tu ce week-end

Oui ça va bien merci, un peu fatiguée. Et toi?

Spoiler

Goldieeee include translation :judge:
Oui ça va bien merci, un peu fatiguée. Et toi?

Spoiler

Goldieeee include translation :judge:

ok as a spolier then i include it shall i:biggrin:

Goldie est épais comme de la merde

Spoiler

ok as a spolier then i include it shall i:biggrin:

Goldie est épais comme de la merde

Spoiler

Yep spoilers :biggrin:

Noooo you’re not, to be fair I didn’t make it very clear, but I have now in the OP. Hope you’re having a good day :hugs:
Yep spoilers :biggrin:

Noooo you’re not, to be fair I didn’t make it very clear, but I have now in the OP. Hope you’re having a good day :hugs:

yes im gonna use merde lots now lol only to non french speakers though like example

when southampton getting beat in nest game im gonna shout your absolute merde:biggrin:
yes im gonna use merde lots now lol only to non french speakers though like example

when southampton getting beat in nest game im gonna shout your absolute merde:biggrin:

Ahaha nice plan :wink: :rofl:
@AestheticStudying
@Chopinnocturne31
In case either of you are interested :h:
@AestheticStudying
@Chopinnocturne31
In case either of you are interested :h:

When I was scrolling thorugh threads I saw this and thought maybe Miriam posted that but then someone replied to me so I didn't come on but now u tagged me and I was so happy when I found out this thread was urs - random I know :colondollar:
Original post by AestheticStudying
When I was scrolling thorugh threads I saw this and thought maybe Miriam posted that but then someone replied to me so I didn't come on but now u tagged me and I was so happy when I found out this thread was urs - random I know :colondollar:

Aww you flatter me :colondollar: :hugs:
Honestly this will be so random. If you have any ideas about what I could write please say. I think I’m going to do the fictional life story of a person, and I will run polls to decide stuff, but any ideas anyone has is amazing. My next poll will be the occupation of her parents, so if you could suggest some that would be awesome :biggrin:
Good job in tagging in the mod - I'm sure you'll get an answer soon :yep:

I like this idea though! I am re-studying French so if this thread is fine, I'm happy to join in. :smile:
Aww you flatter me :colondollar: :hugs:
Honestly this will be so random. If you have any ideas about what I could write please say. I think I’m going to do the fictional life story of a person, and I will run polls to decide stuff, but any ideas anyone has is amazing. My next poll will be the occupation of her parents, so if you could suggest some that would be awesome :biggrin:

hehe :hugs:
oooooh how interesting! I'll deffo think of some ideas and tell u them :yep:
Maybe her parents occupation could be a dentist :colondollar:
hehe :hugs:
oooooh how interesting! I'll deffo think of some ideas and tell u them :yep:
Maybe her parents occupation could be a dentist :colondollar:

Awesome :biggrin:
Ahaha I was thinking that, and I had a suspicion you might have said that. :lol: Sounds like they may have to be....
Original post by parmezanne
Good job in tagging in the mod - I'm sure you'll get an answer soon :yep:

I like this idea though! I am re-studying French so if this thread is fine, I'm happy to join in. :smile:

Awesome, great to have people here :yep:
Awesome :biggrin:
Ahaha I was thinking that, and I had a suspicion you might have said that. :lol: Sounds like they may have to be....

Hehe :h:
Aha really? U know me too well lol. Maybe one of them could be a dentist and the other could be a fantabulous Parisian fashion designer?
Hehe :h:
Aha really? U know me too well lol. Maybe one of them could be a dentist and the other could be a fantabulous Parisian fashion designer?

Yep I do :yep: :rofl: Ooh now that's an idea! :biggrin:
Yep I do :yep: :rofl: Ooh now that's an idea! :biggrin:

Hehe :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest