The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Imperial A100 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/study/undergraduate/medicine-mbbs-programmes/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello anyone!!
Original post by human1233235
Hello anyone!!

hi!!! are you planning on making Imperial your firm?
Original post by vjtodyomr
hi!!! are you planning on making Imperial your firm?

Definitely. I’m just waiting on another med uni to put as my conditional
Definitely. I’m just waiting on another med uni to put as my conditional

me too! and by “conditional” do you mean insurance?
hiii! i’m glad this chat has finally opened up - I’m so ready to start uni. Do you guys reckon we’ll have a freshers fortnight or nah?
Reply 6
Hey everyone
Original post by vjtodyomr
me too! and by “conditional” do you mean insurance?

Insurance sorry
Original post by triestostudy
hiii! i’m glad this chat has finally opened up - I’m so ready to start uni. Do you guys reckon we’ll have a freshers fortnight or nah?

I don’t see why we wouldn’t unless they’ve said somewhere
How is everyone feeling about this offer
Reply 10
Super excited!! Can't wait to see you guys (fingers crossed I get the grades though)
Reply 11
Also what's the DBS form thing?
Original post by food29

I’m pretty sure it’s a criminal background check. Im personally gonna get my parents to help with it.
Reply 13
I’m pretty sure it’s a criminal background check. Im personally gonna get my parents to help with it.

Oh okay thanks
Original post by triestostudy

You definitely will - we had one even this year, it was just mostly online. How “normal” it is is really outside Imperial’s control but the SU will do their best!

Original post by food29

Criminal record check - don’t worry about it, when they send you the form it’s super easy to fill in. You will need all your addresses for the past five years so if you’ve moved around a lot it can be annoying but otherwise it’s fine usually.
@becausethenight what bc actually happens during freshers fortnight?
Reply 16
Original post by becausethenight
You definitely will - we had one even this year, it was just mostly online. How “normal” it is is really outside Imperial’s control but the SU will do their best!

Criminal record check - don’t worry about it, when they send you the form it’s super easy to fill in. You will need all your addresses for the past five years so if you’ve moved around a lot it can be annoying but otherwise it’s fine usually.

Oh great thanks.
@becausethenight what bc actually happens during freshers fortnight?

Mine was during COVID so unlikely to be representative :lol: @AnnaBananana will know what it's usually like.

Essentially for the first 2 weeks you have introductory lectures explaining what the course is like and how it's structured which are quite chill, so except at the weekend there's uni stuff to go to. You have an occupational health appointment then as well and collect your iPad and ID card.
Most of the actual "Fresher's Fortnight" is organised by ICSU and ICSMSU (so you can go to both the medic's events and the Imperial events) and then clubs and socs will organise their own things too, usually pub nights. There's a societies fair for ICSU and ICSM which is usually where you find out what socs are doing, get on mailing lists etc. Ours were online and pretty terrible. The events are fairly typicaly uni things: a quiz, 'speed friending', a RAG treasure hunt, sport taster sessions, volunteering training sessions etc. Have a look at: https://www.icsmsu.com/freshers-space/ for way much more info on what Freshers 2020 was like :biggrin:
We had a very busy freshers - some nights both ICSU and ICSMSU had events on so we went to both because we didn’t want to miss anything. Plus there were things like halls mixers. Many of us were quite glad to drink less and get on with the course by the end of the fortnight...

Mine was during COVID so unlikely to be representative :lol: @AnnaBananana will know what it's usually like.

Essentially for the first 2 weeks you have introductory lectures explaining what the course is like and how it's structured which are quite chill, so except at the weekend there's uni stuff to go to. You have an occupational health appointment then as well and collect your iPad and ID card.
Most of the actual "Fresher's Fortnight" is organised by ICSU and ICSMSU (so you can go to both the medic's events and the Imperial events) and then clubs and socs will organise their own things too, usually pub nights. There's a societies fair for ICSU and ICSM which is usually where you find out what socs are doing, get on mailing lists etc. Ours were online and pretty terrible. The events are fairly typicaly uni things: a quiz, 'speed friending', a RAG treasure hunt, sport taster sessions, volunteering training sessions etc. Have a look at: https://www.icsmsu.com/freshers-space/ for way much more info on what Freshers 2020 was like :biggrin:

That’s great! Thank you for sharing your experience. How was the workload initially - do you feel like you were thrown into the deep end or was it a more manageable transition with more work accumulating over time?

Quick Reply

Latest