The Student Room Group

A level politics help?

im in yr 13 and do aqa so any help ?
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm a first year Politics uni student and I did politics at A-Level too.

I don't think anyone can tell you the best way to revise - that's purely based on how you learn. For me, I just re-wrote my scribbles of notes I made in class, made it legible and highlighted the important parts. I ended up with three fat ring-binder folders just for politics with pages of hand-written notes. For me that worked perfectly as I could just read stuff and remember it. Other people used flash cards, or got others to test them on certain case study facts etc. Just a personal preference.

There's a great website called 'Pre-Chewed Politics' which most colleges have an account for. There's an endless bank of videos explaining just about everything you could need to know. It's broken down into specific topics based on the syllabus. Ask your teacher for a login if you don't already use it.
Original post by afnann02
So I do I Edexcel a level politics and I’m struggling a lot with how to remember/revise the content learnt or even make good quality notes. I’m in year 13 atm and know that it I don’t get a grip on politics then I’m definitely failing😭what makes it worse is the fact that it’s predicted grades this year. If anybody can help pls feel free to let me know and also maybe even link down any free notes? Or what could come up in the mocks? Like could it be the 2019 paper? Idk. Thanks in advance Xx

I got an A in a level politics after resitting after getting a C - I changed my revision technique to trying to remember all the facts to doing every single past paper! I found after doing past papers and marking them you learn the facts more effectively that way and you quickly realise that most a level politics questions are the same :smile:
So I do I Edexcel a level politics and I’m struggling a lot with how to remember/revise the content learnt or even make good quality notes. I’m in year 13 atm and know that it I don’t get a grip on politics then I’m definitely failing😭what makes it worse is the fact that it’s predicted grades this year. If anybody can help pls feel free to let me know and also maybe even link down any free notes? Or what could come up in the mocks? Like could it be the 2019 paper? Idk. Thanks in advance Xx

Hey similar to the person above me, I was given a C in august in 2020 by my teachers and got an A in October after I sat my exam. At its core all it is is just being able to make a reasoned argument. As long as you have essay plans and and what you are writing makes sense you will be awarded marks. As for revision I made essay plans which covered every possible question I could be asked and surprisingly a lot of the questions overlapped so my essay plans covered that.

If you have any questions PM, Always happy to help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mcvinod22
Hey similar to the person above me, I was given a C in august in 2020 by my teachers and got an A in October after I sat my exam. At its core all it is is just being able to make a reasoned argument. As long as you have essay plans and and what you are writing makes sense you will be awarded marks. As for revision I made essay plans which covered every possible question I could be asked and surprisingly a lot of the questions overlapped so my essay plans covered that.

If you have any questions PM, Always happy to help :smile:

Hi! Thank you sm for your response!! This motivated me a lot and also helped! Thank you massively <333333
Reply 5
Original post by Peony123
I got an A in a level politics after resitting after getting a C - I changed my revision technique to trying to remember all the facts to doing every single past paper! I found after doing past papers and marking them you learn the facts more effectively that way and you quickly realise that most a level politics questions are the same :smile:

Hey, this helped immensely and after reading this, I've realised how much I don't do enough practice papers but i'll defo be doing a lot more now! Thank you alot <33
Reply 6
Original post by JOSH4598
I'm a first year Politics uni student and I did politics at A-Level too.

I don't think anyone can tell you the best way to revise - that's purely based on how you learn. For me, I just re-wrote my scribbles of notes I made in class, made it legible and highlighted the important parts. I ended up with three fat ring-binder folders just for politics with pages of hand-written notes. For me that worked perfectly as I could just read stuff and remember it. Other people used flash cards, or got others to test them on certain case study facts etc. Just a personal preference.

There's a great website called 'Pre-Chewed Politics' which most colleges have an account for. There's an endless bank of videos explaining just about everything you could need to know. It's broken down into specific topics based on the syllabus. Ask your teacher for a login if you don't already use it.

Hi!! Thank you so much for this, i'm going to see if my teacher has a login for that website. Thank youu!!
Hey, this helped immensely and after reading this, I've realised how much I don't do enough practice papers but i'll defo be doing a lot more now! Thank you alot <33

Feel free to message me if you need any help or anything :smile:

I literally have perfect model answers for paper 1 and message me on insta (edward707_1999)
Original post by Peony123

Hey would you mind please sending me all your essay plans as I have mocks soon and I’m really stressed 😫
Original post by maryam171
Hey would you mind please sending me all your essay plans as I have mocks soon and I’m really stressed 😫

I don’t share notes sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending