The Student Room Group

South Asian tings

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ax Sleepy
Umm I know ur tryna make a point here but...
Noor is a boys name, the girl version is noorah
😁

why do ik girls called noor:confused:
Original post by AestheticStudying
ooooh I do love jewellery so I could add that to my looks :biggrin:

yesss definitelyy
do what makes u happy, but also stay following Islamic guidance as ftheopps and shxttah said
Original post by noturhabibti
why do ik girls called noor:confused:

No idea 🤣
Umm I know ur tryna make a point here but...
Noor is a boys name, the girl version is noorah
😁

umm ik ur tryna be clever but...
girls can also be called noor becuase I know a girl who is called noor... some girls are called noorah but thats just a different alternative of saying noor which is actually from the quran
Original post by Alina2019
Yesss only have a degree in geog haha yes afghan is SA I’m Pakistani YaPakisTaniYa🇵🇰

And I am Tani! 😂😂😂
Original post by shxttah_x
umm ik ur tryna be clever but...
girls can also be called noor becuase I know a girl who is called noor... some girls are called noorah but thats just a different alternative of saying noor which is actually from the quran

Ahh well they prolly made a mistake because noorah is also in the Quran in many places,
Noorah is the feminine version of the word noor, all u have to do is look at other Arabic words to back myself up here, the word apple in Arabic is tufahah It is feminine cuz of the "ah" the the end which I think is called a 'tah marboota" if it were a masculine word it would be called a tufaah without the ah at the end,
Also just because it is in the Quran doesn't mean u have to call someone it , the word Kursi is in the Quran and I don't see anyone called kursi.

It's not a matter of tryna be clever btw
ur making me go mental... why all of the changes at the start kuriye
and chill lol no ones gonna be mad at u.... im glad u spoke up about it... its always good to talk it out rather then keep it inside of u then u can get good advice on it as well

Basically what he said... but if u feel uncomfortable being called a girls name... choose a name that is unisex, for example the name noor is used for boys and girls in islam...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof
auntie going mental :hahaha:

U do know Noah is a unisex name.........just sayingggggg :colondollar:
Original post by noturhabibti
yesss definitelyy
do what makes u happy, but also stay following Islamic guidance as ftheopps and shxttah said

yep will do :yep:
Ahh well they prolly made a mistake because noorah is also in the Quran in many places,
Noorah is the feminine version of the word noor, all u have to do is look at other Arabic words to back myself up here, the word apple in Arabic is tufahah It is feminine cuz of the "ah" the the end which I think is called a 'tah marboota" if it were a masculine word it would be called a tufaah without the ah at the end,
Also just because it is in the Quran doesn't mean u have to call someone it , the word Kursi is in the Quran and I don't see anyone called kursi.

It's not a matter of tryna be clever btw

erm im sure that نورة is not mentioned in the quran becuase the only ladies name that is mentioned in the quran is maryam
noor can be used for girls as well just believe me... i dont wanna argue cos i dont wanna end up saying something that is wrong
and how has the word kursi got anything to do with this subject?
i was just joking bout the clever thing lol... chill dnt cry
Original post by AestheticStudying
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof
auntie going mental :hahaha:

U do know Noah is a unisex name.........just sayingggggg :colondollar:

go with noah then... lol i didnt know ok
erm im sure that نورة is not mentioned in the quran becuase the only ladies name that is mentioned in the quran is maryam
noor can be used for girls as well just believe me... i dont wanna argue cos i dont wanna end up saying something that is wrong
and how has the word kursi got anything to do with this subject?
i was just joking bout the clever thing lol... chill dnt cry

نورة is not mentioned in the Quran as a name but as an adjective 😏.
Juss debating.,.
Kursi... oh I was just saying cah u was saying noor is in the Quran.
Nah yeah I get u, after my own research juss now I found that there might be a very slight chance that I bin slightly incorrect- note I didn't say wrong🤣 😉 .
According to google effendi it is a unisex name--- now what was I saying all along eh eh.😇.

It
نورة is not mentioned in the Quran as a name but as an adjective 😏.
Juss debating.,.
Kursi... oh I was just saying cah u was saying noor is in the Quran.
Nah yeah I get u, after my own research juss now I found that there might be a very slight chance that I bin slightly incorrect- note I didn't say wrong🤣 😉 .
According to google effendi it is a unisex name--- now what was I saying all along eh eh.😇.

It

thats wat i sed tho that noor is a unisex name... ur the one who sed it wasnt
thats wat i sed tho that noor is a unisex name... ur the one who sed it wasnt

Noo waaay😉😉
I'm so confused what's happened here
Original post by Chowderzzz

No idea......everyone just seems to be at each other's throats :lol:
Original post by Chowderzzz

WDYM akh