Scroll to see replies

I know Lancaster uni has an instagram page. Not sure on whatsapp,

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/social-media/
(edited 3 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I got an offer for Msc. Marketing for the October 2021 intake. Anybody will take this course in the next semester?

I must admit, the spine at night is really pretty. She didnt show you the north spine leading up to County which is all lit up, or the water feature at bowland.
fountain 2.jpg
Bowland water feature
Physics garden northspine.jpg
Physics garden North spine
county.jpg
County at night,
Original post by alex4201
Has anyone had offers or anything for computer science?

My son received an offer for Computer Science. He’s still undecided which uni to firm. So difficult this year without being able to visit.
Original post by mcmartin-2008
My son received an offer for Computer Science. He’s still undecided which uni to firm. So difficult this year without being able to visit.

Hi, hopefully you will get chance. The stay at home rule ends on the 29th March, so I'm sure you can go on campus and walk up and down the north and south spine. We went August bank holiday last year for a further visit (daughter started last September). Weekends its free to park and you could park where the infolab is ( School of Computing and Communications) and then walk and have pendle college on your left and make you way up the spine to County college.
Right now its end of term, they finished last Saturday and term starts Monday the 19th of April, so it will be much quieter. Greggs will open and costa which are takeaways. Sultans is open at 5pm. Im going tomorrow to pick my daughter up, so will be going early; so its a Greggs, and some picnic benches near fylde (under cover if it rains) for a pit stop before heading home.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904136 has some info I've collated over the past year or so. Post #8 has some you tubers. 'Watchdevante' my daughter enjoyed as its got a lot of campus and Lancaster city. Post#3 is a video of campus last June and ive put some time stamps on there under the post showing where everything is.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Hi, hopefully you will get chance. The stay at home rule ends on the 29th March, so I'm sure you can go on campus and walk up and down the north and south spine. We went August bank holiday last year for a further visit (daughter started last September). Weekends its free to park and you could park where the infolab is ( School of Computing and Communications) and then walk and have pendle college on your left and make you way up the spine to County college.
Right now its end of term, they finished last Saturday and term starts Monday the 19th of April, so it will be much quieter. Greggs will open and costa which are takeaways. Sultans is open at 5pm. Im going tomorrow to pick my daughter up, so will be going early; so its a Greggs, and some picnic benches near fylde (under cover if it rains) for a pit stop before heading home.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904136 has some info I've collated over the past year or so. Post #8 has some you tubers. 'Watchdevante' my daughter enjoyed as its got a lot of campus and Lancaster city. Post#3 is a video of campus last June and ive put some time stamps on there under the post showing where everything is.

Thank you so much for all the info, it’s really helpful especially at the moment. We’re hoping to visit sometime over the next couple of weeks to get a feel for the uni and Lancaster itself. Although I know it won’t be quite the same vibes over the holidays without the students.
Original post by mcmartin-2008
Thank you so much for all the info, it’s really helpful especially at the moment. We’re hoping to visit sometime over the next couple of weeks to get a feel for the uni and Lancaster itself. Although I know it won’t be quite the same vibes over the holidays without the students.

Just got back now from uni. It is fairly quiet, although daughter has said she has seen families there walking about on campus over the past few days now most of the students have left. Furness college is open if you need to use the bathroom facilities as their reception area is open. Greggs and Costa was also open as well.

If you are heading to Lancaster city, we tend to park at auction mart car park on the south of the city and then walk up Penny street and Cheapside. Those two streets are pedestrianised and are joined end to end with shops either side.
Hi, I have an offer for History and I am putting Lancaster as my insurance, but I wanted to check if I will still get the college/accommodation email in June even if I am not guaranteed what I put down. Thanks
Just got back now from uni. It is fairly quiet, although daughter has said she has seen families there walking about on campus over the past few days now most of the students have left. Furness college is open if you need to use the bathroom facilities as their reception area is open. Greggs and Costa was also open as well.

If you are heading to Lancaster city, we tend to park at auction mart car park on the south of the city and then walk up Penny street and Cheapside. Those two streets are pedestrianised and are joined end to end with shops either side.

That’s good to know, thanks for your help 😊
Original post by lilyeaton1
Wow, thank you so much! That's amazing to hear and so helpful in helping to decide. I visited Lancaster once in year 10 and attended a lecture event they had on with a brief tour including one of the rooms so Lancaster is the only university I have actually managed to visit. I definitely love the historic side, the castle and Williamson Park are beautiful. It's such a tough decision because I'd like to get down and visit Liverpool too but it's looking less likely by the day. The study abroad programme definitely caught my eye, since I would love to do some work/ research in Australia in the future. Thanks so much for your help :smile:

Lancaster has nice quality accommodation and is a safer area than Liverpool but if you want to go clubbing etc. then choose Liverpool.
Original post by ChoChoPops
Hi, I have an offer for History and I am putting Lancaster as my insurance, but I wanted to check if I will still get the college/accommodation email in June even if I am not guaranteed what I put down. Thanks

Hi I believe you do get the email the same time in June from what my daughter recalls from last year :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi all. I'm James. I am applying for the MSc Biomedicine on a part-time basis, and I'll be commuting to the campus by car. I graduated with a 1st BSc Biology in 2020. Looking forward to getting back to learning :smile:
Reply 492
Hi I've made Lancaster my insurance choice to study Environmental science. Anyone else hoping to study this course - get in touch on the private chat.
Original post by jwinoliver
Hi all. I'm James. I am applying for the MSc Biomedicine on a part-time basis, and I'll be commuting to the campus by car. I graduated with a 1st BSc Biology in 2020. Looking forward to getting back to learning :smile:

Hi James,

How did you find your BSc Biology?
I have an offer including placement year and I’m torn as I have an unconditional from Bristol and an offer from University of Bath (placement year).
I am still waiting to hear from Exeter.
I am a mature student and my main sticking point is looking toward doing a masters in the future and employability prospects.
How did you find biology? Lecturers? Modules?
If I were to put Lancaster as my insurance choice, do I still have to apply for accommodation?
Original post by Anonymous
If I were to put Lancaster as my insurance choice, do I still have to apply for accommodation?

Hi you do yes :smile: Come back end of june the accommodation portal will be open. Once you have your results, and you got your insurance choice, about a week later when logging into the portal it will tell you the college you go into (i think accommodation type too) . Its at that point you accept the terms and conditions of the contract and pay a deposit.
Hiya!
Currently on a gap year but I've got an unconditional at Lancaster for Psychology. I've visited the university on numerous occasions last year so if anyone needs any advice or wants to talk about anything then drop me a message! :biggrin:

I must admit, the spine at night is really pretty. She didnt show you the north spine leading up to County which is all lit up, or the water feature at bowland.
fountain 2.jpg
Bowland water feature
Physics garden northspine.jpg
Physics garden North spine
county.jpg
County at night,

Omg yay haha thankyou for using my video :smile: And yes I honestly should have added the north side of campus because it is literally gorgeous
Original post by naomioti_
Omg yay haha thankyou for using my video :smile: And yes I honestly should have added the north side of campus because it is literally gorgeous

Aww its a good video. just the other day we was at Furness after dropping daughter off, and there is a lovely little courtyard with a fountain where all the ducks were.
Is anyone else still waiting for a decision from Lancaster?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending