The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College / Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samirahzaman
Hi,I was just wondering if anyone has had an offer from King's for children's nursing 2021. I had my interview in December and was told in January that my application is on hold to make it fair for other applicants.I'm just feeling anxious about whether I'll get accepted or not because it seems like it has been a long time and I haven't heard anything back.Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me? Thanks.

I'm also in the same position as you. I just sent a message through kings apply and I'm just waiting now as well.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Fxzzxli
Me too, I’ve got mine tomorrow. What questions would you say I practice? I have no idea

Probably different scenarios, why u want to be a nurse, what do childrens nurses do
Reply 42
Original post by Samirahzaman
Hi,I was just wondering if anyone has had an offer from King's for children's nursing 2021. I had my interview in December and was told in January that my application is on hold to make it fair for other applicants.I'm just feeling anxious about whether I'll get accepted or not because it seems like it has been a long time and I haven't heard anything back.Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me? Thanks.

I had my interview end of November and was told I was on hold to make it fair but still not heard yet
How many weeks a year is the nursing courses?
Original post by Matilda_b374
Heyy! I've started studying Adult Nursing (Sept 2020); if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!HO

How many weeks a year is the nursing courses? (specifically child nursing) thanksss
Original post by michelleepindura
theres literally no one thats doing Mental Health nursing. I had my interview yesterday. just waiting now

I applied for MH nursing! I applied back in November and haven’t heard anything back yet :frown:
Original post by Nurse_Doll
Hey, how did it go ?? What did they ask you

Hey! Sorry I’m late but they asked very basic questions. Why a nurse? What qualities do you have, etc? It was the easiest interview I had despite it being Kings
Reply 47
Original post by Cri baby
Hey! Sorry I’m late but they asked very basic questions. Why a nurse? What qualities do you have, etc? It was the easiest interview I had despite it being Kings

Did you get an offer yet?
what offers did people get?
Original post by Cri baby

No worries, thanks for letting me know! I’ve got my interview with them today so fingers crossed
Hi! I've applied to do Adult Nursing at King's and was hoping if anyone knew any useful pieces of advice on how I should prepare for moving to London and how to prepare for nursing school?
Original post by avalancheboom
Hi! I've applied to do Adult Nursing at King's and was hoping if anyone knew any useful pieces of advice on how I should prepare for moving to London and how to prepare for nursing school?

Where are you moving from ?
Original post by Anonymous
Where are you moving from ?

Birmingham.
Reply 53
Original post by michelleepindura
. Congrats! how long did it take till you found out if you got the offer?

At the end of the interview each uni should tell you how long their response would be.
Kings and Uni of Liverpool was 6 days
Uni of Manchester was 3 weeks!
I got all my offers tho!
Original post by avalancheboom
Birmingham.

Okay well it’s really not that different from any other place in the UK.. if you go on YouTube I’m sure you’ll find a ton of videos on how to prepare for uni. As well as just searching on the Kcl website too
Reply 55

i got a contextual offer for children's nursing! wbu
Reply 56

Unconditional for kings ✨✨ is anyone goin the the offer holders meeting thingy
Original post by ameliaagraceex
hello! is anyone looking at going to Kings College London in September 2021 or looking at studying adult nursing? :smile:

In 2023 maybe
Reply 58
Original post by Matilda_b374
Heyy! I've started studying Adult Nursing (Sept 2020); if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

Hi Matilda, thanks heaps! I am joining in September and am just looking into the support that there is for those with Dyslexia and just wondered if you knew or if any of your friends have had good support? I know other London uni's have great support for Dyslexia but don't see much from Kings...
Hi, The support from King's is great. My daughter a Children's Nursing student wasn't diagnosed with Dyslexia until she started at Kings they helped and supported her throughout. She was given extra time in exams and allowed to use a computer and bring in coloured overlays. They also helped her apply for the Disabled Students Allowance which was a great help. DSA provided her with a printer/scanner, headset, microphone, a handheld medical term spell check thing and a whole raft of software to help like text to speech so websites can be read aloud to her rather than reading them. And other stuff like a typing course and a subscription to Grammarly Pro. They will even provide you with a really good laptop for £250 and provide all the necessary support, warranty and insurance.When your offer becomes unconditional, if it isn't already, get in touch with King's Disability Support Team (DST) and make sure you apply for DSA through Student Finance.Good luck and hope this helps.J

Quick Reply

Latest