DPhil anthropology oxford 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have no idea
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by ziannis
Hey, quick question. Do all people applying for masters in anthropology in oxford have a first?

I can’t speak for masters, but I’m applying for a DPhil and I got a 2:1 in my undergrad.
Hi there, has anyone heard from the department either yesterday or today? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by AfterTheRose
I can’t speak for masters, but I’m applying for a DPhil and I got a 2:1 in my undergrad.

My undergrad is 2:1 but I have two masters degrees
Original post by DeeDeems
My undergrad is 2:1 but I have two masters degrees

What are your masters in? And why did you do two? I just have the one masters :smile:
Reply 25
What are your masters in? And why did you do two? I just have the one masters :smile:

Anthropology and public health
Didn’t have the background in anthropology to pursue a PhD.
Reply 26

you could have hybridized both, like i did, by doing a masters in medical anthropology :biggrin:
Reply 27
anyway i really hope we all get in <3
Ah, okay my Upload button disappeared around 2:00am today. Few more hours or days before I get a decision. I’m ready for this to be over with so I can stop incessantly checking my email and self service :redface: Ahh good luck to all still waiting!
Reply 29
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Ah, okay my Upload button disappeared around 2:00am today. Few more hours or days before I get a decision. I’m ready for this to be over with so I can stop incessantly checking my email and self service :redface: Ahh good luck to all still waiting!

All the best!

mine is still there I dunno at this point whether it’s good or bad.

Update is please

Fair enough, that would be a cracking combination so sounds like you are very ready for PhD :smile: Would it be safe to assume that your proposed project is in that sort of health sphere? I know that that is a real strength for the department.
Reply 31
Fair enough, that would be a cracking combination so sounds like you are very ready for PhD :smile: Would it be safe to assume that your proposed project is in that sort of health sphere? I know that that is a real strength for the department.

Yes mental health
Hi everyone, I emailed the department over the weekend and they responded saying they’re still looking over masters applications and that they are hoping to have made decisions by the end of the week :smile:
Original post by MossyNugget 99
Hi everyone, I emailed the department over the weekend and they responded saying they’re still looking over masters applications and that they are hoping to have made decisions by the end of the week :smile:

Hello! Thank you so much for emailing the department and updating us :smile: has your upload button disappeared yet? I think we applied to different courses but mine disappeared around 7pm Friday and i still haven't heard anything and I was expecting a rejection.
Original post by Visualresource98
Hello! Thank you so much for emailing the department and updating us :smile: has your upload button disappeared yet? I think we applied to different courses but mine disappeared around 7pm Friday and i still haven't heard anything and I was expecting a rejection

Hi there, no worries! I applied to the MSc in medical anthropology and can still see the ‘upload’ button on my portal. Best of luck to you, we’ve made it so far ☺️
Original post by MossyNugget 99

Thank you for letting us know:smile:
Reply 36
button disappeared
The magic button is now gone - fingers crossed for you all!
Reply 38
The magic button is now gone - fingers crossed for you all!

Do you know if offers and rejections are sent at the same time? Or do they send them on different days
Original post by beji
Do you know if offers and rejections are sent at the same time? Or do they send them on different days

Not got a clue, but all I know is my anxiety has jumped to new heights and my inbox refreshing has become once a minute!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending