The Student Room Group

Three graduate scheme [2021]

Didn't see a three forum. So here we go.

I have done the psychometric tests. Has anyone had any replies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be giving the online tests soon, any tips from yourself? Thanks!
Reply 2
Its 6 mins for the first non-verbal, so pay attention to the time
Does anyone know Three's career email? I want to ask if they offer sponsorship for the Finance Programme (3 years) so if anyone could kindly pm me thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by NoIdeaWhatToPut
Does anyone know Three's career email? I want to ask if they offer sponsorship for the Finance Programme (3 years) so if anyone could kindly pm me thanks!

Not sure about an email, but if you mean sponsorship for CIMA/ACCA then I'd assume yes, as it says 'with all costs covered' on the job description
Reply 5
Job description also says that you need to have the right to work in the UK. I have applied to too many employers as an international student to know that this means that they won’t sponsor. I have literally been taken to final stages and then been deprived of the opportunity cos of the sponsorship issue. So, it would be best to send them an email and find out.
Original post by missyh01
Not sure about an email, but if you mean sponsorship for CIMA/ACCA then I'd assume yes, as it says 'with all costs covered' on the job description

Hi, I managed to get a response! Unfortunately, they don't offer sponsorship for Graduate opportunities and they would also change the job advert to clarify that 'Rights to work in the UK' is necessary. Thanks though!
Original post by Rvm
Job description also says that you need to have the right to work in the UK. I have applied to too many employers as an international student to know that this means that they won’t sponsor. I have literally been taken to final stages and then been deprived of the opportunity cos of the sponsorship issue. So, it would be best to send them an email and find out.

Hey I understand your point, but it wasn't stated in the Finance Graduate position specifically (but all others instead) if you read it - which they will be changing now to clarify.
Reply 8
Hey I understand your point, but it wasn't stated in the Finance Graduate position specifically (but all others instead) if you read it - which they will be changing now to clarify.

Oh yeah that’s fine, I wasn’t blaming you or anything. I was just saying what I read on one of the job descriptions. These companies, although can sponsor just never choose to do so. I hope you find something soon, cheers.
Original post by Rvm
Oh yeah that’s fine, I wasn’t blaming you or anything. I was just saying what I read on one of the job descriptions. These companies, although can sponsor just never choose to do so. I hope you find something soon, cheers.

Yeap thanks! You too :smile: . Also, I feel that you may be burnout from applying from too many - so I suggest not applying and going through to the final stages before clarifying if they offer sponsorship at the start, it saves a lot of time and disappointment which I have learned (Unless you want to go through the process to get used to VI, Interviews, AC etc.). It also gives you more time to work on the ones that you get through to the final stages with sponsorship.
Reply 10
Yeap thanks! You too :smile: . Also, I feel that you may be burnout from applying from too many - so I suggest not applying and going through to the final stages before clarifying if they offer sponsorship at the start, it saves a lot of time and disappointment which I have learned (Unless you want to go through the process to get used to VI, Interviews, AC etc.). It also gives you more time to work on the ones that you get through to the final stages with sponsorship.

Oh yes, that’s definitely right. I was applying for quite a lot but have been on a break for a while. Also, I’ve started asking from the very beginning about the sponsorship but thanks ☺️
anyone passed the ot and got invited to the next stage?
Original post by daegy123
anyone passed the ot and got invited to the next stage?

Yeh, I was invited on Tuesday did the interview on Wednesday
Original post by shibaeng
Yeh, I was invited on Tuesday did the interview on Wednesday

immediately on the next day? thats such a short time....
may i ask how was it like? and which programme did you apply for? thanks!
Original post by daegy123
immediately on the next day? thats such a short time....
may i ask how was it like? and which programme did you apply for? thanks!

Yep it was a bit of a surprise lol
it was okay though, starts out with motivational questions then into the 5 minute prepared topic and then some behavioural questions. Pretty straightforward but i doubt i passed since i had little time to prepare
I applied for tech consulting and project delivery
Reply 15
Original post by Rvm
Oh yes, that’s definitely right. I was applying for quite a lot but have been on a break for a while. Also, I’ve started asking from the very beginning about the sponsorship but thanks ☺️

Hi, can you share a draft format on how to ask for sponsorship?
Has anyone done their video interview yet? How did it go? What should I expect?
Hi! Not sure if it's the same for each scheme but I applied for the finance graduate scheme.They asked why I wanted to work for Three and why I chose the finance scheme. Then, I did my 5 minutes pre-prepared topic and then they asked me 3 competency questions that were based on their values.The person who interviewed me was really friendly and it was a really straightforward interview and I heard back within a couple of days. Hope that helps!
what sort of thing are they expecting for the 5 minutes prepared?
Original post by rivalalpaca
what sort of thing are they expecting for the 5 minutes prepared?

It can be on anything you are passionate about! I first spoke about what my topic is and why I'm passionate about it. Then I gave an example of a time I demonstrated my passion for the topic using the STAR method (don't think this is necessary but it worked with my topic).
Then I ended it by linking how this has set me up with my future career (you can relate to their values).

I think the topic itself can be anything as long as you show you are passionate about it and I'd suggest you link to Three's values or something they have done, to show you've done your research.
Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest