The Student Room Group

Southampton Medicine (BM4 / BM5 / BM6) 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I think for grads its a lot less 'freshers' kind of vibes anyway. I run my own business and enjoy my own space so I'll buy a place! If I were you I'd maybe just try and ensure its shared accommodation with graduates?
Original post by Lucychapple
I was thinking about sharing a house/flat with some other BM4 people. Anyone else thinking the same?

Would also be up for this!
Original post by medgelert
Would also be up for this!

Our issue is we’re not allowed to link to groups or share personal details on TSR so we’re a bit stuck as to how to start organising anything within the rules haha
Reply 43
Original post by jjbird93
Our issue is we’re not allowed to link to groups or share personal details on TSR so we’re a bit stuck as to how to start organising anything within the rules haha

I was thinking this too. Do Southampton do anything before the course starts (even via Teams / Zoom) that would give us the opportunity to chat to each other?
Original post by semb201
I was thinking this too. Do Southampton do anything before the course starts (even via Teams / Zoom) that would give us the opportunity to chat to each other?

This was my thought. i was hoping they'd send some sort of email once people had confirmed with links to an official group of some sort or a zoom meet and greet as you said
Original post by jjbird93
This was my thought. i was hoping they'd send some sort of email once people had confirmed with links to an official group of some sort or a zoom meet and greet as you said

There’s an accommodation teams meeting where we asked questions about accommodation and campus that you can book for this Friday
Original post by Jlingz22
There’s an accommodation teams meeting where we asked questions about accommodation and campus that you can book for this Friday

Was this in an email? I have the one about the "virtual accommodations week" but that ends today.
Who's thinking of putting Southampton as their firm?
I am :smile:because I was rejected from everywhere else haha
Original post by Dr Suess
Who's thinking of putting Southampton as their firm?
I am :smile:because I was rejected from everywhere else haha

Yes :smile: and same haha
I received an offer for bm5 school leaver yesterday 😀 when did everyone get their confirmation emails from Southampton?
Reply 50
Original post by Izzymitchell29
I received an offer for bm5 school leaver yesterday 😀 when did everyone get their confirmation emails from Southampton?

same and 6pm today :smile:
For the BM4 lot - I emailed asking about an Offer Holders Day and got a reply today saying we will get more information about one in April :smile:
Looking forward to meeting you all
For anyone considering buying a flat - what areas have you been looking?
I’m struggling with this! I looked at ocean village which was nice but so far out. Most of our teaching is at the hospital which isn’t in the city centre!
Reply 54
From what I understand buses are good in the city. Personally, I have been looking near the Cultural quater. Roughly 40 minute walk to both highfield and Southampton General so not the closest but I am thinking about getting a bike. Buses are another option and its a short walk to the central train station which I will use to get to the Winchester. I think Shirley is a good location if you want to be closer to the hospital and there is a bus that runs between the hospital and highfield quite regularly so being closer to one won't hurt. Either way, with lectures at both campuses and a day a week at Winchester there will be plenty of travel.
(edited 3 years ago)
I was made an offer for BM5 last Thursday, did anyone get any information about offer holder events?
Once you’ve completed the health screening questionnaire and pressed save and complete has it been submitted?
Reply 57
Ask any questions
Original post by 2mb
Ask any questions

There's already an offer holders' thread (the one we're in now), so there's no need for another one.

For future reference, please search before making a thread!

Post originally created by ecolier.
Anyone know the best accommodation for a med student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending