The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Accomodation

Hey!! I will be attending Westminster for Marketing this upcoming fall :smile: I would like to be in central London for accommodations but am open to IQ Raffles if that is where all first year students go. What is everyone thinking for accom? Is it common for people to stay in random student halls throughout central London?? IQ Bloomsbury is way closer to the campus I will be going to for classes
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!! I will be attending Westminster for Marketing this upcoming fall :smile: I would like to be in central London for accommodations but am open to IQ Raffles if that is where all first year students go. What is everyone thinking for accom? Is it common for people to stay in random student halls throughout central London?? IQ Bloomsbury is way closer to the campus I will be going to for classes

Hi,

At the University of Westminster we have four different Halls of Residence for student accommodation: Harrow Halls, iQ Raffles House in Wembley, Marylebone Hall and Alexander Fleming Hall in East London.

If you are a new first year student, we would recommend iQ Raffles House in Wembley as the best place to start your journey. When I started studying at this university in 2012, I lived at iQ Raffles House in Wembley and had a brilliant time.
As our main first-year residence there will be plenty of opportunities to get to know people and to get fully involved in student life and perhaps some people on your own course. Wembley Park is an area that has seen a great deal of development over the past 10 years with bars, resturants and shopping centres built to cater for events at Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena.

Marylebone Hall and Alexander Fleming Hall cater more toward continuing undergraduate students going into their second years or postgraduate students. Both have super locations within easy reach of the centre of London.

Harrow Halls benefits students who are studying at the Harrow campus in North West London and allows them close contact to their university facilities.

You can find more information here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/accommodation

Best wishes

James
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

hey! I'm also probably going for accom and am wondering the exact same thing. I want to look into accom closer to campus, but I don't want to miss out on meeting other students!
Reply 3
Original post by elisabonsignour
hey! I'm also probably going for accom and am wondering the exact same thing. I want to look into accom closer to campus, but I don't want to miss out on meeting other students!

Ya! I need more guidance haha. I can't decide what to do. If you wanna chat about it dm me :hannnahrez
Ya! I need more guidance haha. I can't decide what to do. If you wanna chat about it dm me :hannnahrez

great! i just followed you on insta :smile:
Reply 5

I’m staying at a private accommodation in North Acton, called Holbrook. It’s really modern, and less than 20 minutes from central on the central line. I wanted to stay in iQ raffles house but last time I checked all en-suite rooms were taken, and there were only studios left. Seems like every accommodation is filling up really fast!
Hi Guys!

Are you looking for accommodation in London? I have an ensuite flat in Urbanest Westminster Bridge (SE1 7FR) that faces parliament (Flat 809A) and wish to transfer my contract ASAP. Its £310 per week and includes a gym membership, pool and sauna and has airconditioning plus floor heating. The contract is from now until September but if you wish to stay longer you can renew it for an LSE discount!

Plus, you'll get the best roommates, who are all incredible people and some of my best friends!!

Please message me here if you're interested at [email protected]
Hi! I am a second year and I am staying at an IQ accommodation - although at Sheffield. My experience with IQ has been fantastic, the rooms were the same as shown in pictures and they even did a virtual viewing of my exact flat before we signed the contract. They have been really helpful with answering all my queries too. If you do proceed with IQ, there is a 100 pounds each cashback promo code for referring a friend. The code has to be entered at the time of booking. We could refer each other and get 100 pounds each. Would you be keen to do that? It's simply entering a promo code on the website and you get 100 pounds back! Message me if you are keen!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending