The Student Room Group

Should I reply to this guy or just ghost him for good?

I’ve been talking to this guy for 4 months. We’ve only been able to meet once as of lockdown. We’ve been video calling and texting ever since (some sexy video calls but nothing too explicit). One day, after a sexy video call that lasted almost 5h at night I tell him is my birthday that week. The day arrives and he doesn’t wish me happy birthday, 4 days later he texts asking how it was saying sorry he missed it but someone he knows died and he wasn’t feeling right yet he watched all my ig stories on the day and even posted one at an online wine tasting event. Then he disappears for another 2 weeks and shows up by replying to one of my stories and a selfie. I replied and he left me on read (not the first time this happens) so I decide to text him “Are you avoiding me? Honestly I don’t understand why you strike a conversation if you’re going to avoid me afterwards” and he texts back “Avoid you? I’m sorry if I was unexpectedly busy this evening!!! Was just saying hi... didn’t realise there was a time constraint by which I had to reply in..!” After this I left him on read and didn’t say anything else. He keeps watching all my stories.

And he actually came back a couple of days after reacted to a selfie of mine with this emoji 😍

Scroll to see replies

I'd move on.
If he sends a polite message, reply but no flirting or sexy pics.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
I'd move on.
If he sends a polite message, reply but no flirting or sexy pics.

Why would he react to my story tho? What is he doing? I’m kinda confused tbh...
Original post by Anonymous
Why would he react to my story tho? What is he doing? I’m kinda confused tbh...

Probably chatting with lots of girls and collecting plenty of sexy pics.
As he decides who he will try to meetup with after lockdown and his top options for backup girls.
Those types of guys are best avoided, unless they are really hot and you are open to casual sex whenever you're bored or between dates with potential bf's.
Reply 4
Did you text him at all in those 2 weeks? You cant exactly get mad at him for ghosting you that little while if you werent making an attempt to talk to him yourself either.
It doesnt seem beyond reason that someone he knows could have died, he checked social media out of boredom but couldnt muster up the motivation to text anyone.
And he's right, he's not obligated to text you back immediately after getting a reply.
Seems like you're being a bit harsh.
He’s wasting your time, I don’t get why boys act like that tbh but move on ur worth more than that. It sounds like he only pops up when it suits him and that just ain’t it .
Reply 6
Original post by Foxehh
Did you text him at all in those 2 weeks? You cant exactly get mad at him for ghosting you that little while if you werent making an attempt to talk to him yourself either.
It doesnt seem beyond reason that someone he knows could have died, he checked social media out of boredom but couldnt muster up the motivation to text anyone.
And he's right, he's not obligated to text you back immediately after getting a reply.
Seems like you're being a bit harsh.

I mean I get it but is kinda rude to leave someone on read if you’re initiating a conversation and there have been multiple times when this has happened before I just never called him off...I asked politely anyways and he got all offended...
Reply 7
I mean I get it but is kinda rude to leave someone on read if you’re initiating a conversation and there have been multiple times when this has happened before I just never called him off...I asked politely anyways and he got all offended...

People get busy sometimes, its not rude. And you're only in the talking stage, you cannot expect all of his time.

Your 'asking' was hardly polite, it reads as very accusatory and snappy. Most people would have reacted the same way- offended.
Reply 8
Original post by Foxehh
People get busy sometimes, its not rude. And you're only in the talking stage, you cannot expect all of his time.

Your 'asking' was hardly polite, it reads as very accusatory and snappy. Most people would have reacted the same way- offended.

I didn’t text him for 2 weeks cause I got pissed he didn’t wish me happy birthday and it just sounded like a lame excuse. Also after our last call, before my birthday he said he was gonna find time to invite me over to his place before lockdown was over so we could finally see each other or go to the park then he never did and now he’s acting distant. On and off like ever since my birthday we’re not talking as much as we used to anymore. So I’m kinda pissed cause all of this ngl and feeling confused...
Reply 9
Original post by Foxehh

Didn’t even get why he decided to react to my story with a 😍
Reply 10
I didn’t text him for 2 weeks cause I got pissed he didn’t wish me happy birthday and it just sounded like a lame excuse. Also after our last call, before my birthday he said he was gonna find time to invite me over to his place before lockdown was over so we could finally see each other or go to the park then he never did and now he’s acting distant. On and off like ever since my birthday we’re not talking as much as we used to anymore. So I’m kinda pissed cause all of this ngl and feeling confused...

I personally think you're overreacting but you dont seem to like him much in general. Simply not liking him is a fine and valid reason to end things and not something you need to need to justify with all these examples.
In the future, speak to someone if they upset you. Ghosting them for two weeks is not going to help the situation.
Original post by Foxehh
I personally think you're overreacting but you dont seem to like him much in general. Simply not liking him is a fine and valid reason to end things and not something you need to need to justify with all these examples.
In the future, speak to someone if they upset you. Ghosting them for two weeks is not going to help the situation.

I didn’t ghost him, simply none of us initiated the conversation. Also I really liked him hence why I felt used and got hurt.

Yesterday he replied to my story with 😍 (it was a selfie) I gave it a like. Why do you think he did that?
I hope he ghosts you

Okay...and why exactly?
Original post by londonmyst
Probably chatting with lots of girls and collecting plenty of sexy pics.
As he decides who he will try to meetup with after lockdown and his top options for backup girls.
Those types of guys are best avoided, unless they are really hot and you are open to casual sex whenever you're bored or between dates with potential bf's.

Your conclusions and how certain you are about matters, are truly amazing!

Not only you concluded without many objections and dilemmas but you give advice on your last paragraph...
Yeah and I did stop talking to him but he just came back and replied to a story, a selfie with this emoji 😍
What's the situation now
It sounds like he just wants sex chat and little else.
Original post by SMEGGGY
What's the situation now

Like I said above, right now I posted a selfie 2 days ago and he reacted to my story with a 😍 emoji and I gave it a like but that was it we haven’t texted in a while. I mean I didn’t after the way he replied to me and the only contact he tried was that reply to my story.
Reply 18
I’ve been talking to this guy for 4 months. We’ve only been able to meet once as of lockdown. We’ve been video calling and texting ever since (some sexy video calls but nothing too explicit). One day, after a sexy video call that lasted almost 5h at night I tell him is my birthday that week. The day arrives and he doesn’t wish me happy birthday, 4 days later he texts asking how it was saying sorry he missed it but someone he knows died and he wasn’t feeling right yet he watched all my ig stories on the day and even posted one at an online wine tasting event. Then he disappears for another 2 weeks and shows up by replying to one of my stories and a selfie. I replied and he left me on read (not the first time this happens) so I decide to text him “Are you avoiding me? Honestly I don’t understand why you strike a conversation if you’re going to avoid me afterwards” and he texts back “Avoid you? I’m sorry if I was unexpectedly busy this evening!!! Was just saying hi... didn’t realise there was a time constraint by which I had to reply in..!” After this I left him on read and didn’t say anything else. He keeps watching all my stories.

And he actually came back a couple of days after reacted to a selfie of mine with this emoji 😍

I'd be polite but I wouldn't chase him anymore. He's not prioritising your messages, leaving you on read and only interacting with you to keep you interested - I would assume so that you can flirt via text or video call with him. Slow replies are a give away but the fact that he's playing dumb about it and still wanting to see what you're up to is a huge red flag on its own.
There is an old saying” if in doubt leave it out” I feel in this case it may be the answer.
What will be will be. When you have feelings of something not being right, those feeling are intuition and they are there for a reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending