The Student Room Group

UCLAN Physician Associate MPAS 2021

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone else had applied to study the undergraduate physician associate course? I found out about the role a couple of years ago and remember how amazing it was to discover my dream career! No one else I know is applying and I thought it would be nice to have a space to talk and give each other advice. I hope everyone’s doing well. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by northener_3006
Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone else had applied to study the undergraduate physician associate course? I found out about the role a couple of years ago and remember how amazing it was to discover my dream career! No one else I know is applying and I thought it would be nice to have a space to talk and give each other advice. I hope everyone’s doing well. Thanks :smile:

Hi @northener_3006,

I hope you’re well. It is so exciting to hear you have found your dream career in the Physician Associate undergraduate course.

I am a recent UCLan graduate and was also a Student Ambassador so I can help answer any questions you may have about student life in Preston and life on campus. If you have any specific course related questions, I can also pass them on to one of our current students so that you can have them answered too.

I hope you will find this useful,

Best wishes,
Amarachi
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi @northener_3006,

I hope you’re well. It is so exciting to hear you have found your dream career in the Physician Associate undergraduate course.

I am a recent UCLan graduate and was also a Student Ambassador so I can help answer any questions you may have about student life in Preston and life on campus. If you have any specific course related questions, I can also pass them on to one of our current students so that you can have them answered too.

I hope you will find this useful,

Best wishes,
Amarachi

Hi Amarachi,
Thank you. If I have any questions, which I’m sure I will very soon, I will ask you.
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by northener_3006
Hi Amarachi,
Thank you. If I have any questions, which I’m sure I will very soon, I will ask you.
Thanks

I just found about the course and love it!!!!!!
However I might need to apply through ucas extra-which is not a guaranteed space
Where have you applied and any offers?
Im looking at University of Reading at the moment-fingers crossed they accept me!!!!
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
However I might need to apply through ucas extra-which is not a guaranteed space
Im looking at University of Reading at the moment-fingers crossed they accept me!!!!

Hey @ZAYBOBZ,

It's great to hear that you've applied for physicians associate at Reading Uni and that you're really keen on the course! I was just wondering what made you interested in Reading Uni and the physicians associate degree?

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or there is anything you need help with!😊
From,

Amina
Reply 5
Original post by ZAYBOBZ

I'm applying to reading via Extra too!
Reply 6
Original post by Alib2
I'm applying to reading via Extra too!

AYY let me know how it goes!!
For what course may I ask?
Reply 7
Original post by ZAYBOBZ

Foundation Pharmacy
Reply 8
anyone got any offers from either unis😊
Reply 9
Original post by MeForPm
anyone got any offers from either unis😊

Yeh, i got the offer from reading. i hope everyone gets there offers too

Original post by ZAYBOBZ
Original post by Alib2

are you planning to firm it
Original post by Alib2

Are you planning on firming it?
Reply 12
Original post by MeForPm
Are you planning on firming it?

yep i did
Original post by Alib2
yep i did

See you in September 👊🏻
Reply 14
Original post by MeForPm
See you in September 👊🏻

See ya there :smile:
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!
I've seen some people have firmed the University of Reading. It's great to hear this!
I'd love to hear what drew you to firm Reading Uni and what you're most excited about.

As always feel free to let us know if you have any questions.😊
From,

Amina
3rd-year pharmacy student
Reply 16
Original post by UniofReading
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!
I've seen some people have firmed the University of Reading. It's great to hear this!
I'd love to hear what drew you to firm Reading Uni and what you're most excited about.

As always feel free to let us know if you have any questions.😊
From,

Amina
3rd-year pharmacy student

what drew me to reading was that a lot of people I knew were going there and I heard it was a really good uni. plus it's close to home so I can live at the uni and go home within an hour by train : )
Original post by Alib2
what drew me to reading was that a lot of people I knew were going there and I heard it was a really good uni. plus it's close to home so I can live at the uni and go home within an hour by train : )

Yes same I decided to go to university of Reading instead because it was much closer to home too. I'm currently a first year Undergrad PA and the uni is just amazing, we still had to go.in for some lessons which was really nice. Im hoping to apply as a Star Mentor, so I might meet new PA students
Original post by Undergrad PA
Yes same I decided to go to university of Reading instead because it was much closer to home too. I'm currently a first year Undergrad PA and the uni is just amazing, we still had to go.in for some lessons which was really nice. Im hoping to apply as a Star Mentor, so I might meet new PA students

How are you finding the Reading course so far? The first two years are pre-clinical, right?
I haven't applied but interested in the course, I'm a med reject so still trying to figure out my options! (seems like the undergrad course is in extra, idk if I will apply or not atm)
Also, approximately what is the cohort size for the course? (sorry for the load of questions!!!)
Original post by Undergrad PA

Hey @Undergrad PA,

It's great to hear this! I found my star mentor very useful in first year!

Hope everything is going well.
From,

Amina 😊

Quick Reply

Latest