The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Bsc Data science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamiee3
Woo! Well done!! Would you maybe want to add me on discord or something? (Jamie#2470) If not, that's cool, you just seem like a cool guy who's pretty similar to me. A durham offer though, very well done indeed. Honestly I don't know how I got all of my offers within 3 weeks of open hours of unis. I actually have a pretty interesting ofqual document about the statistics behind predicted grades which is also pretty interesting... idk why i'm mentioning this but hey, this is data science! :biggrin: Honestly, I'll be saddddd if LSE turns me down as they're sort of my best place.

sure, i'll add you in a bit, but thats sounds interesting as well, was it recently released or? because i remember reading a lot of that kind of stuff after results last year ngl. but yeah it would be sad, but at the end of the day you still have 4 other unis to pick from, and theyre all really good unis so it wouldnt be the end of the world. fingers crossed though!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
sure, i'll add you in a bit, but thats sounds interesting as well, was it recently released or? because i remember reading a lot of that kind of stuff after results last year ngl. but yeah it would be sad, but at the end of the day you still have 4 other unis to pick from, and theyre all really good unis so it wouldnt be the end of the world. fingers crossed though!

It's for summer 2020, hundreds of pages of it haha.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/909368/6656-1_Awarding_GCSE__AS__A_level__advanced_extension_awards_and_extended_project_qualifications_in_summer_2020_-_interim_report.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/910614/6674_Requirements_for_the_calculation_of_results_in_summer_2020_inc._Annex_G.pdf
Anyone got offer for data science?
Anyone got offer for data science?

Nope ;/
Anyone heard back for data science yet?
Anyone heard back for data science yet?

it's still radio silence for me :/
Original post by Jamiee3
it's still radio silence for me :/

Me too! Any idea on when we could be hearing back, or do you know anyone who has heard back?
Me too! Any idea on when we could be hearing back, or do you know anyone who has heard back?

I know no one who's heard back, there's a rejection or two on the spreadsheet and that is literally all I've got apart from the formal soft deadline we got emailed about of the 16th of April.
Original post by Jamiee3
I know no one who's heard back, there's a rejection or two on the spreadsheet and that is literally all I've got apart from the formal soft deadline we got emailed about of the 16th of April.

Do you know many people who have applied, or is it a less popular course this year?
Well we won't have any deferrals, as it's a new course, so there's that. the tracking spreadsheet shows it's got similar demand to other low-medium popularity courses but nothing startlingly low.
Original post by Jamiee3
Well we won't have any deferrals, as it's a new course, so there's that. the tracking spreadsheet shows it's got similar demand to other low-medium popularity courses but nothing startlingly low.

Someone - a friend of a friend of a friend got an offer for data science. I've seen the track. Last friday. Stats were A*A*A.
Someone - a friend of a friend of a friend got an offer for data science. I've seen the track. Last friday. Stats were A*A*A.

Ahh yes, "a friend of a friend of a friend"
Ahh yes, "a friend of a friend of a friend"

Yep, good on him!
Yep, good on him!

you should tell him to log it in the decision tracker (can't find the link or else id link it here lol) so that there's more than just one data science rejection lmao

do you know what subjects those were in? tell us more about them? haha and yes as the other person says, get them to log it!
Has anyone got any offers? So far there's just one on the spreadsheet.
How many of you are waiting on a response for Data Science?
Original post by Jamiee3
How many of you are waiting on a response for Data Science?

I am..
Data science is AAA????? Damn, i really wanna switch to it (UCL) and its A*AA which isn't higher really. If you get an offer please reply to me and lmk if you did further maths so I can kinda tell if I'll be able to switch at UCL.
I got an email from LSE not so long ago where they said they plan to make the majority of offers by the 16th of april, so I'm kind of expecting to hear back this week but who knows anymore

Quick Reply