The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Academic reference

Heyy, I’m currently a student and I need an academic reference to apply to a different university. As I have only ever had online classes due to the pandemic, I’m am unsure who to go to, whet her I should ask the head of department or someone else. This is because no one really know me, so I was thinking how are they going to be able to write it. I’m am also unsure on the approach of how I should ask for it.

Any advice would be very helpful
Thanksss
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy, I’m currently a student and I need an academic reference to apply to a different university. As I have only ever had online classes due to the pandemic, I’m am unsure who to go to, whet her I should ask the head of department or someone else. This is because no one really know me, so I was thinking how are they going to be able to write it. I’m am also unsure on the approach of how I should ask for it.

Start with your personal tutor, this is WAY below the pay grade of your Head of Department and will get bounced by their secretary. Its going to have to be based on any assessments you have completed so far.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Start with your personal tutor, this is WAY below the pay grade of your Head of Department and will get bounced by their secretary. Its going to have to be based on any assessments you have completed so far.

Thankss for this response, i haven’t been given a personal tutor from when I started, so what would the next step be then.

Thank you again
Original post by Anonymous
Thankss for this response, i haven’t been given a personal tutor from when I started, so what would the next step be then.

Ok, if you do not have a PT (thats pretty odd BTW) then the next level up would be your course director.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Ok, if you do not have a PT (thats pretty odd BTW) then the next level up would be your course director.

I did think it was odd too, but I guess it’s just because it’s online. I will contact the course director.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending