The Student Room Group

Met police recruitment 2021

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have got an interview for the detective pathway. It seems to me it’s online for now! It’s an online assessment, at least for the first part!
Depends what you applied for.
What qualifications do you need or what courses do you need to take to become a detective?
Application for direct entry detective constable is literally open right now. Why don't you have a look at their website for more information? Searching and finding information you're looking for is literally at the core of what a detective do....
Reply 5
Hi all

Applied last night, how's it gone for everyone so far?
Reply 6
Hi. I've applied a week ago aswell. They asked me to send a proof of my degree. Have they asked you to do the same?
Reply 7
Hi. I applied one week ago. They've asked me to send in proof of my degree. Did you have yo provide evidence of degree before the interview? Good luck!
Reply 8
Oh wow. Seems a long time. Did you have yo provide proof of degree before the interview. Good luck with it all
Reply 9
Original post by Alex100r
No proof of evidence asked it was a video interview pre recorded with briefing and In tray

I see. I thought it would have been live interview and the in tray exercise would have come later on. Did you get your results back? I'm so nervous about it all! Thank you for the reply.
Hi all. Having just been through the lengthy process for applying for a similar scheme, I found a useful FB page that helps with police recruitment. If you're interested you can search 'Bluelight Police Recruitment, Assessment Centre and Career Support Group' on Facebook and request to join.

Best of luck for your applications, I am starting a Detective scheme in a few weeks so let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Hi, I’ve applied for the Detective programme. I have my in-force interview on Thursday. I was wondering if you would be able to give me some top tips? What sort of questions did they ask you?
Reply 12
Original post by Shauna_Scott
Hi, I’ve applied for the Detective programme. I have my in-force interview on Thursday. I was wondering if you would be able to give me some top tips? What sort of questions did they ask you?

Do you mind me asking how long it took to get your results back from the SEARCH interview. I did mine about 10 days ago and I'm so nervous about it. I dont think I did well but eager to find out my results. Good luck in your next stage! X
Reply 13
I only done the video interview I cam gibe some guidance if you like tips and do s and don't

Oh, I did all 4 stages.
SJT
Interview
Written exercise
Briefing exercise
And I think once you pass this then we go onto the next stage which is a further DC assessment you sit in a centre. Is that the one you did? I found that the briefing exercise was the hardest.
Reply 14
Hi SuzanT, I too have done all stages up to the assessment centre and now just training for my bleep test. Do you know what comes after that? Is there a force interview or is it just vetting and start date? also do you know how long the vetting usually takes?Thanks.
Reply 15
Original post by Virtuel5
Hi all. Having just been through the lengthy process for applying for a similar scheme, I found a useful FB page that helps with police recruitment. If you're interested you can search 'Bluelight Police Recruitment, Assessment Centre and Career Support Group' on Facebook and request to join.

Best of luck for your applications, I am starting a Detective scheme in a few weeks so let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Hi ya,
Well done getting in! Can you tell me what comes after the bleep test please, I've done the other stages, I thought it was just bleep test and vetting now but someone mentioned a force interview too?
Reply 16
Original post by Lolalee
Hi SuzanT, I too have done all stages up to the assessment centre and now just training for my bleep test. Do you know what comes after that? Is there a force interview or is it just vetting and start date? also do you know how long the vetting usually takes?Thanks.

Hello,
I think its medical followed by vetting and then you get your unconditional offer. So your nearly there! So did not have to do the in force detective assessment then? I thought after passing the day one assessment DC candidates then had to do a further in centre assessment 🤔
Reply 17
Original post by SuzanT
Hello,
I think its medical followed by vetting and then you get your unconditional offer. So your nearly there! So did not have to do the in force detective assessment then? I thought after passing the day one assessment DC candidates then had to do a further in centre assessment 🤔

Hey, yes i did a live assessment centre too. So i did: application, SJT, online assessment centre, live assessment centre at Kennington and medical booked for 15/04. So fingers crossed! Where are you up to?
Reply 18
Don't be u be fine ping me direct if u like can help guide u .
[email protected]

Alex I cant seem to answer your message but just to let you know it is a briefing exercise and an intray exercise both timed.
Reply 19
Original post by Lolalee
Hey, yes i did a live assessment centre too. So i did: application, SJT, online assessment centre, live assessment centre at Kennington and medical booked for 15/04. So fingers crossed! Where are you up to?

Hi- I'm just waiting for result from day one assessment. Have a feeling I didnt pass but fingers crossed. How was the in centre assessment? I hear its quite intense. Good luck for the remainder of the process, it is long indeed. Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending