The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wants to game but I don't.

Ill sum it up quickly, I am allowed on my xbox from 4.50 to whenever dinner is, which is around 6 to 6.30. In this time, I usually enjoy playing rocket league with mates. However, my girlfriend now wants to play with me during these times. Even though I would much prefer to play with my mates I know she deserves priority but idk what to do, cause she gets annoyed if I don't.
(G is gf)
G-Hmmmmmm
-can we fortnite now
-?
-?
-?
Me-We can if you want but itll only be for 10 minutes (this was around 5.50 so I wasn't lying that much)
G-Yes
Me-1 sec I'll switch accounts (was playing on my alt)
(some time elapsed)
G-Hmmm
-Hmmm
Me-Oof i gotta finish this match (I was in a ranked match and my mates was moaning at me for going afk to respond to these as well anyway)
G-ofc you do
-forget it then theres no point
-ill just play by myself (I was still in the match when she sent these)
Me- We can play 2morrow if you want
G-hmm
-your friends are obviously more important

And I did play with her the day after.
Any advice, I would want to split the time between having to play with her and then time having fun with my mates, but I'm played with her twice already the past week and I just want to play with my mates, however I also don't want to say no. Is anyone else in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Why can't she join in with your mates? Is she that bad? I think she will get better with practice so play with her.
It is just a game and you seem to have 2 hours to play so do one hour with friends and then an hour with her. Or do every other day with friends and on the alternate days do it with her
I mean it seems kind of immature, she wants to spend time with you and is interested in what you are interested in. Do you not have fun with her? It's kind of hard to spend time with people atm especially when they aren't in your house and it sounds like she is trying and you are not.
Original post by Roasted Potato
Why can't she join in with your mates? Is she that bad? I think she will get better with practice so play with her.
It is just a game

fornite and rocket league are pretty different

op if you don't like playing a game certain game with her then either bite the bullet and just play with her, or ask her to play a different game with you

you've got 1-2 hours to both play with her and your friends. rl games aren't that long (and you can have variable team sizes right) so you can do both
Is there a reason you don't like playing with her?
Reply 4
Original post by StopRightThere
Is there a reason you don't like playing with her?

I do like playing with her, but I like playing with my mates quite a bit more
Reply 5
It is just a game and you seem to have 2 hours to play so do one hour with friends and then an hour with her. Or do every other day with friends and on the alternate days do it with her
I mean it seems kind of immature, she wants to spend time with you and is interested in what you are interested in. Do you not have fun with her? It's kind of hard to spend time with people atm especially when they aren't in your house and it sounds like she is trying and you are not.

I suppose you are somewhat right, she does moan at me to try message her more, but I do message her everyday for at least 30-40 minutes. I wanted her to play with my mates but she was just like no and got upset, idk maybe she wants it to be just us two?
Original post by Arconik
I do like playing with her, but I like playing with my mates quite a bit more

Well as someone above mentioned, why don't you all play together?
Original post by Arconik
I suppose you are somewhat right, she does moan at me to try message her more, but I do message her everyday for at least 30-40 minutes. I wanted her to play with my mates but she was just like no and got upset, idk maybe she wants it to be just us two?

Original post by StopRightThere
Well as someone above mentioned, why don't you all play together?

Nevermind, my question was answered lol.
Perhaps then suggest something else to play that you can play after dinner, like Idk cards againats humanity, Minecraft.

It sounds like she is a bit needy and wnats your time which is understandable under the current circumstances. I mena you can't go on dates or have long walks and stuff
Reply 9
Original post by HoldThisL
fornite and rocket league are pretty different

op if you don't like playing a game certain game with her then either bite the bullet and just play with her, or ask her to play a different game with you

you've got 1-2 hours to both play with her and your friends. rl games aren't that long (and you can have variable team sizes right) so you can do both

I'll try persuade her to play rocket league, although it may be less fun as she will have to play against people of a much higher skill level. I'll see what I can do maybe I could play with my friends and her but just not have them in the vc.Thanks for your help.
Original post by Arconik
I'll try persuade her to play rocket league, although it may be less fun as she will have to play against people of a much higher skill level. I'll see what I can do maybe I could play with my friends and her but just not have them in the vc.Thanks for your help.

rocket league is ass if you're getting carried so go smurf
Reply 11
Perhaps then suggest something else to play that you can play after dinner, like Idk cards againats humanity, Minecraft.

It sounds like she is a bit needy and wnats your time which is understandable under the current circumstances. I mena you can't go on dates or have long walks and stuff

Unfortunately, my time is completely limited to that 1-1.40 hours I get. Regarding your second sentence, she goes to my school so is within my bubble, thus I see her every Saturday (at least I assume its allowed)
Reply 12
Original post by HoldThisL
rocket league is ass if you're getting carried so go smurf

Maybe, although I already have one smurf around gold, creating another would also mean I still have to purposely play badly else I would still carry her, making it less fun for me, maybe if I handicap myself by not allowing myself to pick up full boost it would work, cause I also get to learn boost locations better.
Original post by Arconik
Maybe, although I already have one smurf around gold, creating another would also mean I still have to purposely play badly else I would still carry her, making it less fun for me, maybe if I handicap myself by not allowing myself to pick up full boost it would work, cause I also get to learn boost locations better.

anything that means she's playing against approximately equally incompetent opponents will make it much more enjoyable for her
Why do people have "times" they are allowed on ****? I game at midnight and wake up early in the morning to do Uni Work, it doesn't affect my grades on anything, nor does it affect my motivation to exercise
Reply 15
Original post by DR.DOOM
Why do people have "times" they are allowed on ****? I game at midnight and wake up early in the morning to do Uni Work, it doesn't affect my grades on anything, nor does it affect my motivation to exercise

I've tried to convince my mum countless times, even though I am literally top of all my subjects she doesn't budge, something to do with my brain waves or maybe my eyes idk theres been so much reasons.
1) Who cares? Your relationship won't last by the time you leave school anyway, I'm sure you'll both have a new one in like a week. It's evidently not serious or love or whatever.

2) As a child you just have to do what your parents say.

3) GO TO YOUR ROOM.
Reply 17
Original post by Arconik
Ill sum it up quickly, I am allowed on my xbox from 4.50 to whenever dinner is, which is around 6 to 6.30. In this time, I usually enjoy playing rocket league with mates. However, my girlfriend now wants to play with me during these times. Even though I would much prefer to play with my mates I know she deserves priority but idk what to do, cause she gets annoyed if I don't.
(G is gf)
G-Hmmmmmm
-can we fortnite now
-?
-?
-?
Me-We can if you want but itll only be for 10 minutes (this was around 5.50 so I wasn't lying that much)
G-Yes
Me-1 sec I'll switch accounts (was playing on my alt)
(some time elapsed)
G-Hmmm
-Hmmm
Me-Oof i gotta finish this match (I was in a ranked match and my mates was moaning at me for going afk to respond to these as well anyway)
G-ofc you do
-forget it then theres no point
-ill just play by myself (I was still in the match when she sent these)
Me- We can play 2morrow if you want
G-hmm
-your friends are obviously more important

And I did play with her the day after.
Any advice, I would want to split the time between having to play with her and then time having fun with my mates, but I'm played with her twice already the past week and I just want to play with my mates, however I also don't want to say no. Is anyone else in this situation?

give her a couple of days a week where you just play with her, and have the rest for your mates..
Reply 18
Original post by DR.DOOM

They're not that old though.
so what? then let her have her hobbies and you have yours. this is pretty trite.

Quick Reply

Latest