The Student Room Group

goldies questions

Scroll to see replies

1.Whats one thing your learned this week?
That out of all of my friends, I am the only one who doesn't particular like milk on cereal
2.If you built a themed hotel what would the theme be?
I would have each floor as a different time era
3.Whats one new word you started using recently?
I don't think I have started using new words
4.Tell me about your craziest / most interesting teacher and who was the worst one? you can change there names lol so its private
Craziest - Mr Smith, GCSE Sociology. He didn't actually teach us much (a lot of it was self study), and went off on a tangent about stuff that didn't matter, but he was funny
Worst - Ms Worthington, Accounting. She is the WORST teacher I have ever had. She doesn't get what we are doing, tells students they are wrong when they are right, and doesn't actually make sense. I have an exam for her class, and I need a lot of revision haha
5.Is there a song that when you hear it takes you bac to a certain memory in your life?
See You Again - Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa. We had it played at a funeral, and I can't listen to it anymore. But if I hear it, it takes me back to the funeral, and makes me sad
Original post by Wise Goldie
accounting thats a subject is it lol:biggrin:

Ah it is the course I am taking at college :smile:
Reply 22
1. What's one thing you learned this week?
It's not necessarily one thing, but a teacher (who's never actually taught me but somehow knew me) lent me a book on the origins of Islam and it's really interesting. I feel like I'm learning a lot about my own religion and I respect it a lot more now.

2. If you built a themed hotel what would the theme be?
A bunch of themes mashed together - academia, botanical, semi-abandoned.

3. What's one new word you started using recently?
'Asquerosa' when addressing my sister. :smile:

4.Tell me about your craziest / most interesting teacher and who was the worst one?
Craziest teacher- Probably one of my Psychology teachers (who is really sassy, energetic, makes us do weird experiments, loves blasting 90s music during lessons, speaks several languages and spontaneously makes fun of people in them).
Most interesting teacher- There are several. I'd say my other Psychology teacher (she also teaches Philosophy/RE), one of my English teachers, the teacher that lent me that book (he is also a Philosophy/RE/Politics teacher) and my ex-English/current form tutor (though sadly I don't see him around much anymore). I've had some really good conversations and interactions with all of them.
Worst teacher- Definitely my second GCSE Music teacher (first one left at the end of Y10). He was rude, had this annoying superiority complex and yet managed to be quite lazy and never give me feedback on my work at the same time. I was happy to spite him when I managed to drop it halfway through Y11 after begging his superiors, which enraged him as he had spent several months making sure I did not quit even though he let others go. He was just after my grades (I left for mental health reasons and I was doing an extra GCSE independently anyway). :smile:

5. Is there a song that when you hear it takes you back to a certain memory in your life?
'Mikrokosmos' and 'Jamais Vu' remind me of spring/summer 2019, which was one of the best periods of my life, and so it brings back some good memories. I listened to them on train rides, on school trips, with friends and when visiting my mum's home country. I'm not a mainstream K-Pop fan (it's been a while since I last listened to any, actually), but I do like listening to it occasionally, and 2019 was the year when I started finding some good songs and groups from the genre.

I don't think I've ever talked to you directly on here (so I'm surprised/confused that I was tagged lol) but hi, nice to meet you. :h: I have seen you around, if anything.
(edited 3 years ago)
1.just when your stressed LOL:rofl:
2.hp what a suprise i KNEW you would say that:biggrin:
Reply 24
i always tag new people now and again lol:colondollar:
most never do it haha but you did so thanks do you want tagging when i do more?

Sure, I really appreciated it. Had a rough day today but then seeing I'd been randomly tagged on TSR cheered me up quite a bit. :smile: Thanks as well.
Reply 25
your muslim what a shock lol
i swear every person i talk to is always muslim lol:biggrin:
not in a bad way i learned a lot about islam myself just on here im athiest though:smile:

It's probably because a lot of Muslims are from academically strict backgrounds (culture-wise) so there will be a lot of us lurking about on a forum giving student/academic advice.
It's nice to come across respectful atheists. It's better to have conversations with all sorts of people to keep an open mind rather than to restrict yourself, after all. :smile:
Reply 26
1. That I have a terrible memory.
2. Fox themed :colone:
3. 'quite.' I type it a lot but rarely speak it, Ive been using it more.
4. Worst and craziest was the teacher that started calling me 'he' randomly after I cut my hair, I corrected them three times that I was still a girl and not trans like they seemed to be assuming, and they ignored me. After about a week of it that they ignored me the rest of the school year. It was incredibly weird.
Most interesting teacher was a geography teacher who didnt teach us anything in the curriculum the entire year, most classes he just told us stories from his time in the military and about other parts of his insane life. Very cool guy. I learned a lot of general knowledge and really liked the class, even if it wasnt what we were supposed to be learning.
5. Let me love you, it was constantly on the radio in 2018. Not my type of music but makes the whole year come rushing back, many pleasant memories from that year.
My turn
I have a pretty good memory. I can remember lots of events.
Language themed, each single floor would be a different language for example French etc
Not sure honestly speaking here
When I got sick many years before. I remember all of it.
Not keen on Camila Cabello so the last time I heard her music was late 2019 when liar was released.
yeh cos i dont like moaning on tsr so i always here to cheer people up even if im really down sometimes:colondollar:

you're too adorable <3 but yh i get wht u mean :hugs:
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

2) 70s themed

Hello, fawlty towers

Spoiler

And I can guess what memory one would get from listening to that first one :s-smilie:
Original post by Foxehh
3. 'quite.' I type it a lot but rarely speak it, Ive been using it more.

Yes, quite
1.Whats one thing your learned this week?
2.If you built a themed hotel what would the theme be?
3.Whats one new word you started using recently?
4.Tell me about your craziest / most interesting teacher and who was the worst one? you can change there names lol so its private:biggrin:
5.Is there a song that when you hear it takes you bac to a certain memory in your life?

Hey Goldieee i am back to do some Q's !

1. I learned that I need to start following my schedule and do things on time or it all goes wrong lmao.

2. I would build a cloud themed hotel, it would be so comfy and cute.

3. I think it has been the word 'wonderful', I never really used it before but in the last few months i have.

4. Hm, not really too crazy but I loved my Media studies teachers, they both would break the rules for us since they were the head and deputy head of college, and all 4 media students got special attention :biggrin:. They would buy us snacks to eat in lesson, we would go shopping in class-to set up a surprise party for one of our teachers, and we got our own special room with beanbags, fairy lights, candles and so on haha.

Worst teacher was probably my maths teacher in secondary school, she spent more time focussing on uniform than actual studies and half of us learned more in detention than in her classes.

5. Yeah there is a certain album actually that reminds me of my ex which is kinda depressing, but funny too, cos i laugh now thinking about it all being BS.:rolleyes:
Same!! Most people aren't. Although it did give you the opportunity to create a blog all about your learnings during this period :redface: (if I was to make a blog post about my lockdown learnings then it'd be almost completely blank :s-smilie:)
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
1) My memory sucks :smile:

2) 70s themed

3) NOt a word but sksksskskssk

4) Most interesting: In year 6, we had a teacher who would give us stickers, like hogwarts house points, and he would set up a store, and we could use the stickers to buy stuff. He also showed me the world of studio Ghibli.
Worst: My chem teacher who called us "mentally ******ed"

5) Yeah it's in tamil, so I guess no one would acc understand it, but I was listening to it, when my first gf broke up with me :smile:

5) is it 'Kaadhal, Yen Kaadhal Kannirulae, Pochu Athu Pochu Thanirulae'?

Quick Reply

Latest