The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I’ve got no idea how they allocate - I put my choices in on the first day and got my 3rd choice
Original post by Bigreshe
is it first come first served

no, guaranteed your accommodation but not guaranteed your choice.
Reply 82
hi guys, so excited to meet you all this year!!
is it first come first served

No it's literally just random. Basically, don't put down somewhere you can't afford or wouldn't want to go, but do try and use all 5 choices.
If you get something that isn't one of your choices (which is fairly rare) >99% of the time you'll get Acton because there's so many spaces.
wait do we need to send forms b4 we firm or can we firm then fill in forms

Has any1 already firmed imperial? If so have u sent in any forms yet?

I've already firmed Imperial. I don't think you need to wait for the DBS forms to be sent out before firming as it essentially works like any other condition of your offer. As in, you can firm Imperial before you achieve your A levels and any other condition of your offer.

Just be aware of the differing deadlines for everything but I think they'll send all of this information out in the offer holder pack.
Original post by Medic_20
I've already firmed Imperial. I don't think you need to wait for the DBS forms to be sent out before firming as it essentially works like any other condition of your offer. As in, you can firm Imperial before you achieve your A levels and any other condition of your offer.

Just be aware of the differing deadlines for everything but I think they'll send all of this information out in the offer holder pack.

yh g j firmed it rn - gas is unreal
Original post by becausethenight
No it's literally just random. Basically, don't put down somewhere you can't afford or wouldn't want to go, but do try and use all 5 choices.
If you get something that isn't one of your choices (which is fairly rare) >99% of the time you'll get Acton because there's so many spaces.

In a scenario where we get given accomodation we don't like, are we free to back out of it?
Reply 87
hi . May I ask everyone what is the BMAT cutoff for this year cohort?
Original post by mass63

We’re not actually sure what the cut off is yet although many have speculated. Imperial have said:

“The BMAT cut off scores for 2021 admissions will be available after 01 April 2021.”

You can find this response in the following FOI request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_admission_statistics_for_20_21
Original post by mass63

its 10.9 + 2.5 C or sommat for non contextual home without tech issues
Original post by abc dribble
In a scenario where we get given accomodation we don't like, are we free to back out of it?

Yes of course - you don’t have to sign the contract! I know a couple of people who decided to stay at home rather than live in Acton.
@becausethenight is it true that if u put woodward as one of ur 5 options, u will almost always get it bc of how big it is?
Original post by YungLordRaf
@becausethenight is it true that if u put woodward as one of ur 5 options, u will almost always get it bc of how big it is?

I put ww 3rd and got ww. Tbh though, the rooms were nice, and apart from a couple of my flatmates being a bit douchey I was quite happy there - in flats of 8 there are always going to be some people you get along with better than others. The plus side of it being bigger was there was always someone to travel to and from uni and events with - and I actually didn't mind the travel. It was nice to walk through hyde park some days. I loved having my own bathroom and the wifi was decent.
Original post by AnnaBananana
I put ww 3rd and got ww. Tbh though, the rooms were nice, and apart from a couple of my flatmates being a bit douchey I was quite happy there - in flats of 8 there are always going to be some people you get along with better than others. The plus side of it being bigger was there was always someone to travel to and from uni and events with - and I actually didn't mind the travel. It was nice to walk through hyde park some days. I loved having my own bathroom and the wifi was decent.

ty

would you choose woodward again if u were a first yr, considering the convenience of having accommodation right next to the campus?
ty

would you choose woodward again if u were a first yr, considering the convenience of having accommodation right next to the campus?

Tbh i probably would - although my flatmates this year weren’t in my flat last year I met them travelling in from Acton, the cost difference was helpful. I think that wherever you get there are pluses and minuses but it just becomes your life and you adapt. I don't think its a big deal, the main thing is the course.

I mean, not necessarily, people don’t always get the biggest hall they put down? Someone has to be in Pembridge :tongue:
hii i got my imperial offer a few days ago and i was wondering if any current/ex imperial med students could answer some of my questions? does the fact that imperial is quite spread out bother u, do u still feel like u get that close-knit feel w the rest of the year or does it feel more disconnected? does the commute to campus/hospitals make it feel more like a job than uni? and also i’ve heard imperial’s library isnt that great and that it’s always packed, is that true? and was it easy for u to make friends or did it feel like everyone’s kinda reserved? sorry if this is long, i’m kinda stuck between imperial and a different med school so if anyone is able to answer i’d be rlly rlly grateful :smile:
Original post by vlvtcity
...i’m kinda stuck between imperial and a different med school so if anyone is able to answer i’d be rlly rlly grateful :smile:

Do you mind saying which other medical school you have offer(s) for? It would help us in advising you.

Post originally created by ecolier.
not at all, my other med offer is from sheffield
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by vlvtcity
not at all, my other med offer is from sheffield

what are your predicted grades? Just asking because I firmed imperial and and insured sheffield. I loved the vibe at sheffield but preferred the course at imperial....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending