The Student Room Group

Uni of Hull or Uni of Liverpool

Which ones would you guys pick and why?
Reply 1
Liverpool. It's more highly regarded, being a Russell Group university, and the campus is lovely. Liverpool is also a vibrant city as opposed to Hull, which is a bit grim! Ultimately though, it's your choice. Look at the course modules in each university and take it from there.
Reply 2
Original post by Debs25
Liverpool. It's more highly regarded, being a Russell Group university, and the campus is lovely. Liverpool is also a vibrant city as opposed to Hull, which is a bit grim! Ultimately though, it's your choice. Look at the course modules in each university and take it from there.

Thanks!
Rofl
I meant uni of Liverpool aka UofL stupid autocorrect
Reply 5
Original post by cupcakemania22
I meant uni of Liverpool aka UofL stupid autocorrect

Haha I was thinking to myself whats so funny but thank you!
Original post by Jingbah

Hey @Jingbah

I am a current student here at Hull and, although I may be a little biased, it is really lovely here! I recently completed my BA Marketing and have continued studying here at Hull on a MSc Advertising and Marketing course. The university holds a number of very prestigious accreditations which is one of the main reasons I chose to study here. We have a really beautiful green campus that is often referred to as a one stop campus as we have literally everything on site - accomodation, convenience store, library, lecture halls, gym, sports hall etc :biggrin:. I have also had some amazing opportunities here at Hull such as studying abroad, internships gained through coursework and attending a business stimulation overseas too! I have received a lot of support here at the university as both an undergraduate and postgraduate student, which has been vital to my success here.

I think the best advice I can give you is to look at each of the courses you would like to study at each university and see which one appeals to you the most as it is likely the modules may differ slightly depending on the course. If you want to speak to anymore students here at Hull you can visit our Ask A Student page HERE and speak to them directly, there may be a student who is studying on the course you want to study who can give you some feedback :smile: Best of luck on making your decision.

Megan
University Of Hull Student Rep
Reply 7
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hey @Jingbah

I am a current student here at Hull and, although I may be a little biased, it is really lovely here! I recently completed my BA Marketing and have continued studying here at Hull on a MSc Advertising and Marketing course. The university holds a number of very prestigious accreditations which is one of the main reasons I chose to study here. We have a really beautiful green campus that is often referred to as a one stop campus as we have literally everything on site - accomodation, convenience store, library, lecture halls, gym, sports hall etc :biggrin:. I have also had some amazing opportunities here at Hull such as studying abroad, internships gained through coursework and attending a business stimulation overseas too! I have received a lot of support here at the university as both an undergraduate and postgraduate student, which has been vital to my success here.

I think the best advice I can give you is to look at each of the courses you would like to study at each university and see which one appeals to you the most as it is likely the modules may differ slightly depending on the course. If you want to speak to anymore students here at Hull you can visit our Ask A Student page HERE and speak to them directly, there may be a student who is studying on the course you want to study who can give you some feedback :smile: Best of luck on making your decision.

Megan
University Of Hull Student Rep

Thank you!
Original post by Jingbah

Hi there,

I see that a University of Hull rep has usefully given you some great advice about studying there! I thought I'd do the same for Liverpool and then that way you should be able to weigh it up yourself, as choosing a University is a really personal decision with loads of factor to sway you either way!

So for me the city of Liverpool is one of the most things about studying here, we have a huge range of bars, clubs, restaurants to cater all for tastes of music and food! We also have an amazing cultural offer here, with many theatres (e.g. Everyman, Unity), the most amount of museums outside of London (e.g. Slavery museum, World, Maritime, Liverpool museum), art galleries (e.g. Tate and Walker Gallery). Then if getting out into nature is your thing there are loads of amazing parks, with a couples beach (on the Wirral and Sefton coast) just 15 - 30 minutes train ride away.

I've focused lots on the city here, but if you let me know what course you are hoping to study I can give you some more information tailored to your courses. Otherwise, the general facilities on campus at UoL are great, with everyone you would expect (e.g. sports facilities, libraries, SU etc.,), and we have a great range of 1st year accommodation both on and off campus.

Like I say if there is anything, in particular, you would like to know more about, or something that would sway your decision either way let me know :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 9
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

I see that a University of Hull rep has usefully given you some great advice about studying there! I thought I'd do the same for Liverpool and then that way you should be able to weigh it up yourself, as choosing a University is a really personal decision with loads of factor to sway you either way!

So for me the city of Liverpool is one of the most things about studying here, we have a huge range of bars, clubs, restaurants to cater all for tastes of music and food! We also have an amazing cultural offer here, with many theatres (e.g. Everyman, Unity), the most amount of museums outside of London (e.g. Slavery museum, World, Maritime, Liverpool museum), art galleries (e.g. Tate and Walker Gallery). Then if getting out into nature is your thing there are loads of amazing parks, with a couples beach (on the Wirral and Sefton coast) just 15 - 30 minutes train ride away.

I've focused lots on the city here, but if you let me know what course you are hoping to study I can give you some more information tailored to your courses. Otherwise, the general facilities on campus at UoL are great, with everyone you would expect (e.g. sports facilities, libraries, SU etc.,), and we have a great range of 1st year accommodation both on and off campus.

Like I say if there is anything, in particular, you would like to know more about, or something that would sway your decision either way let me know :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Hi Malachy,
I am hoping to take my computer science degree at Liverpool. Are there many Irish students studying there?
Thank you, Dermot.
Reply 11
Original post by DiamondGeezer
Uni of Hull, it's located in a much better city, than *****y Liverpool.

Really? Ive heard some people say the opposite now I am really confused. I havent had much time to visit either cities due to the pandemic
Look at the Campus Tour films on YouTube for both Unis - and the tourist films for each city.
Btw, Liverpool wins by a mile.
Original post by Jingbah
Really? Ive heard some people say the opposite now I am really confused. I havent had much time to visit either cities due to the pandemic

Hi @Jingbah

I would advise keeping at eye on our website, and when you are able to do so, I would advise trying to visit the Campus and city.

There are a series of virtual tours available on our website including our virtual campus tour - https://virtualtour.hull.ac.uk/take-a-look-around/

You can also view some our the areas of our campus on our Social Media accounts which offten feature images taken by some of our current students and staff.

If you have any questions about Hull, Please feel free to chat to current students at the university via our Ask a Student Scheme - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest