The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nodanm
Has anyone with an unconditional sent off copies of your qualifications? Anyone heard back?

Original post by Pre-Med101
No, I sent mine a few days ago. Have you heard back?

Hi, sorry, I’m a bit confused. I thought we were meant to wait until they sent us an email request to send our documents to them. I might have just missed something but UCAS is down so I can’t check :frown:
Hi, just to let you know as people have been asking - just been to an accommodation offer holder session and they said that you can let them know your preference eg to live with other medics/mature students, and they’ll try to accommodate.
Hi all, I’m an undergrad offer holder. Just been to the accommodation offer holder session and was wondering what other undergrads are planning for accommodation? Hillhead student village or private? Hillhead looks great but it’s a bit of a trek to the medical school!
Reply 43
Original post by Kaylahalli03
Hi all, I’m an undergrad offer holder. Just been to the accommodation offer holder session and was wondering what other undergrads are planning for accommodation? Hillhead student village or private? Hillhead looks great but it’s a bit of a trek to the medical school!

Im defo gonna go hillhead- i think it will be much better socially
Apparently there is a free shuttle bus from hillhead-library-medical school every 30 mins, but that might get a bit crowded in the mornings- might bring my bike too just in case theres no room!
Original post by njy13
Im defo gonna go hillhead- i think it will be much better socially
Apparently there is a free shuttle bus from hillhead-library-medical school every 30 mins, but that might get a bit crowded in the mornings- might bring my bike too just in case theres no room!

Yeah, I think the go to option for a lot of people from a social point of view is to go to Hillhead, So I think I will be getting accommodation there also, especially if there is a free bus every 30 mins.
Original post by pyran123
Hey folks, grad offer holder going to be 23 in September. For those asking about halls, they are quite pricey however rent across the city is very reasonable. If anyone has any questions about Aberdeen fire away as I’ve done my undergraduate here :smile:

Just wondering what price to expect for private rent that would to be close to the Foresterhill campus, also should i ask the student union for options or book through a letting agent.

As for private halls are there any that is close to the Foresterhill campus, looking on google i haven't found any that will be close but you might be better answering the question as you know the area.

Thanks
Reply 46
Has anyone gotten an email from the university after getting the offer through track? I haven't received anything and I'm worried I've missed something, I didn't even know anything about the offer holder session.
Original post by star9
Has anyone gotten an email from the university after getting the offer through track? I haven't received anything and I'm worried I've missed something, I didn't even know anything about the offer holder session.

No, nothing - offer holder session was advertised on theit website. Medicine specific one is on 31st of March
Reply 48
Original post by lastlullabyy
No, nothing - offer holder session was advertised on theit website. Medicine specific one is on 31st of March

Oh okay, thank you! I'll make sure to attend that one then
Original post by star9

I got an email about the offer holder day a couple of days after I got the offer.
Original post by star9

I’m the exact same! I’ve not even been asked to email a copy of my qualifications yet and a few other people on this page already have 😬😬
Original post by amber0321
I’m the exact same! I’ve not even been asked to email a copy of my qualifications yet and a few other people on this page already have 😬😬

That’s not a separate ask, it’s in the offer letter. But my understanding is that you should email after/if you accept the offer.
That’s not a separate ask, it’s in the offer letter. But my understanding is that you should email after/if you accept the offer.

Oh ahaha thanks so much :smile: I can’t see where I’ve been asked for them in my letters but I’ve contacted the admissions team to let them know. Thanks again :smile:
Oh ahaha thanks so much :smile: I can’t see where I’ve been asked for them in my letters but I’ve contacted the admissions team to let them know. Thanks again :smile:

You might’ve not been, I have it in my letter as I’m a grad with achieved degrees and they asked me to send them copies of my BSc and MSc certificate (if I accept the offer).

This is what it says (attached)
You might’ve not been, I have it in my letter as I’m a grad with achieved degrees and they asked me to send them copies of my BSc and MSc certificate (if I accept the offer).

This is what it says (attached)

Ah that explains it - I’m a school leaver and mine just asks for the immunisation records, health questionnaire & pvg scheme. Thanks again for your help :smile: Congrats on your offer also!
Original post by thestudent2021
Just wondering what price to expect for private rent that would to be close to the Foresterhill campus, also should i ask the student union for options or book through a letting agent.

As for private halls are there any that is close to the Foresterhill campus, looking on google i haven't found any that will be close but you might be better answering the question as you know the area.

Thanks

Hey, sorry about the late reply, I’ve been debating on whether to withdraw my application to Newcastle as they’ve been messing people around for quite some time, just done that and now Aberdeen’s firmed.

So on the question of halls, they vary in price at hillhead. I would definitely say go hector boece, new Carnegie (expensive choice) are a money sink. Halls like Adam smith although cheaper than hector boece are a lot worse. Halls are not cheap whatever you do but from past experience I definitely feel like I made the right choice when I was a fresher and didn’t feel ripped off.
Reply 56
Original post by pyran123
Hey, sorry about the late reply, I’ve been debating on whether to withdraw my application to Newcastle as they’ve been messing people around for quite some time, just done that and now Aberdeen’s firmed.

So on the question of halls, they vary in price at hillhead. I would definitely say go hector boece, new Carnegie (expensive choice) are a money sink. Halls like Adam smith although cheaper than hector boece are a lot worse. Halls are not cheap whatever you do but from past experience I definitely feel like I made the right choice when I was a fresher and didn’t feel ripped off.

Had a quick look on their website, is it only Carnegie that has en-suites? Like the prices they're charging are ridiculous if it's shared bathrooms only
Original post by nodanm
Had a quick look on their website, is it only Carnegie that has en-suites? Like the prices they're charging are ridiculous if it's shared bathrooms only

Yeah en suite is new Carnegie but it def costs an arm and a leg, personally I don’t think it’s worth it
Reply 58
Hello, I’m a graduate with a conditional offer for Sep and I’m from Edinburgh. I’m 22 so not so keen to go into halls again, loved them the first time but can’t justify the money. Are there any other grads that are in a similar position that might be interested in a flat share?
Reply 59

I didn't get an email asking for qualifications but when I look at my offer on track and read the non- academic conditions it mentioned submitting evidence of your qualifications to [email protected] (I am a mature graduate applicant so already have my results for school and uni- that might make a difference).

Latest

Trending

Trending