The Student Room Group

is it normal for parents to lock food away / limit the amount of food you eat

i have never been over weight or anything
but my parents have always been controlling of food and i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experince
Original post by cakes are nice9
i have never been over weight or anything
but my parents have always been controlling of food and i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experince

ummmmm no
Original post by LivButler
ummmmm no

surprised i dont have eating disorder
i dont live with them anymore thank god
i dont live with them anymore thank god

i mean i managed to get one without them locking food away so i guess it helped some how haha . i guess that's a good thing you moved out then
Reply 5
No, though there are many reasons your parents could be 'controlling' of it. Financial struggles that you dont know about, wanting you to eat your actual meals rather than snacking all day, etc.
Original post by Foxehh
No, though there are many reasons your parents could be 'controlling' of it. Financial struggles that you dont know about, wanting you to eat your actual meals rather than snacking all day, etc.

you shoudnt have children if you cant afford to have

Tooo True
Reply 8

Some people are in fine financial place when they have children and face struggles as years go by. I wouldnt be quick to jump to conclusions..
Original post by LivButler
Tooo True

i mean i did have a good childood but teens were terrible due to fiance and my parents hate their jobs so took it out on
me
Original post by Foxehh
Some people are in fine financial place when they have children and face struggles as years go by. I wouldnt be quick to jump to conclusions..

im not jumping to conclusions i just wondering if anyone else experince

Quick Reply

Latest