The Student Room Group

Learn Direct Access to HE - unit 2 help!

Hi everyone! I've just recently started my access to higher education course with Learn Direct as I want to go to university to study nursing (I'm currently a HCA on a stroke unit). I've just got onto question two of Unit 2 and it's asking me to evaluate my personal learning strengths and weaknesses in relation to a learning theory. The trouble is, I can't really see how my strengths and weakness relate to any of the theories... I did the Honey and Mumford Learning Styles questionnaire but my results showed that I was a Reflector, and my strengths and weaknesses don't really show that at all. I'm so totally stuck! Like I can do all the science and psychology units and things like that, but when it comes to the "simple" stuff I just find it totally impossible!

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I've started with learn direct. I'm currently on unit 1 question 6! I'm actually finding this unit a little difficult.

How did you find unit 1?
X
Reply 2
I am also stuck on this!!! What did you end up writing about. I've noticed a lot of people have struggled with this:frown:
Did you manage it ok? i'm on unit two and stuck!
I am also on unit 2, I am finding my weakness strategies difficult, as silly as it sounds.
Thank god I have found you all. I am currently studying access to nursing unit 2 and I am crying with frustration. Is there a Forum we can all join to help each other?
Original post by Cherisse88
Thank god I have found you all. I am currently studying access to nursing unit 2 and I am crying with frustration. Is there a Forum we can all join to help each other?

how bad is it? my unit2 is due in 8days and I'm still stuck!
Reply 7
if you do find a forum please let me know too. Im as stuck as everyone else right now haha
Original post by sarahleighx3
how bad is it? my unit2 is due in 8days and I'm still stuck!

did you manage to get it done?
Original post by Cherisse88
did you manage to get it done?

I'm just typing out Q4 as we speak. Its horrendous! I dont even have time to submit a draft first so going in blind.
I'm just typing out Q4 as we speak. Its horrendous! I dont even have time to submit a draft first so going in blind.

If you need some help private message me xx
Original post by tammyw1990
I am also on unit 2, I am finding my weakness strategies difficult, as silly as it sounds.

It helped me to look at the Honey & Mumford strengths and weaknesses first to figure out which applied to my learning style. Hope this helps
hi i've just started the access to nursing course and im stuck on unit 2 and would like some help and advise as im dyslexic and find it difficult to understand what to do :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by Lianne2021
hi i've just started the access to nursing course and im stuck on unit 2 and would like some help and advise as im dyslexic and find it difficult to understand what to do :s-smilie:

i am also in the same boat :frown: who are you with at the moment? I'm with Stonebridge and i don't find their feedback that helpful
Yes unit 2 was a pain
Original post by kamile08
i am also in the same boat :frown: who are you with at the moment? I'm with Stonebridge and i don't find their feedback that helpful

im doing my course through learndirect
Did you manage it ok? i'm on unit two and stuck!

I’m on unit 1 and stuck before I start !!!! Did you guys upload evidence for this Unit ? I’m useless with computers 😳
Also how did you do your table /chart for this ?
Reply 17
Original post by JoJo Galore
I’m on unit 1 and stuck before I start !!!! Did you guys upload evidence for this Unit ? I’m useless with computers 😳
Also how did you do your table /chart for this ?

I just looked at three different universities and Harvard referenced them using cite this for me. and with the chart I done it using pages (4 by however many questions) the top I put the names of the unis and going down the column the questions I had. hope I haven't complicated it more for you... unit 2 sounds so simple but it mind numbing and frustrating.
Original post by HagMako
I just looked at three different universities and Harvard referenced them using cite this for me. and with the chart I done it using pages (4 by however many questions) the top I put the names of the unis and going down the column the questions I had. hope I haven't complicated it more for you... unit 2 sounds so simple but it mind numbing and frustrating.

Thank you so much !!! I’m worrying myself about it already 😳
Reply 19
Original post by MarinaBBB
Hi Cherisse88. May I ask you for a help too please. I stuck with unit 2 too xx

hi marinaBBB you private messaged me but for some reason im not able to reply back privately. what is it you needed help with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending