The Student Room Group

China and the systematic rape of Muslim Uighur women prisoners.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Go buy from H&M.

China attacks foreign clothing, shoe brands over Xinjiang

Chinese state TV called Thursday for a boycott of H&M as Beijing lashed out at foreign clothing and footwear brands following Western sanctions on Chinese officials accused of human rights abuses in the Xinjiang region.

The ruling Communist Party criticized H&M for saying in March 2020 it would stop buying cotton from the northwestern Chinese region. The Swedish retailer joined other brands in expressing concern about reports of forced labor there.
I'm sure this is a surprise to absolutely no-one. As much as I am fascinated by the history and culture of China, as well as the landscape and culture, their current existence horrifies me in specific ways. And it worries me.
Go to China and see you can see. A lot of lies in western media.
someone fears real facts.
Reply 24
Original post by David.Huang
Go to China and see you can see. A lot of lies in western media.

someone fears real facts.

I'll send you ¥10,000 if you can prove that you've been to Xinjiang.
Go to Xinjiang and what you see will surprise you. People there live a better life than lies in western media describe. BTW, keep the small pocket money to yourself.
Reply 26
Go to Xinjiang and what you see will surprise you. People there live a better life than lies in western media describe. BTW, keep the small pocket money to yourself.

Small pocket money!? Let me put it in a figure that you may be understand better: ¥0.50 x 20,000.
Reply 27
Drop in Xinjiang birthrate largest in recent history: report

The largest drop recorded by the UN, surpassing declines during Syria's civil war, as well as Rwandan and Cambodian genocides.
Because it doesn't actually mean "systemic rape". The article puts it in as one of many things that happen "systemically", meaning it could still be rare.
Original post by fangeiwon
Because it doesn't actually mean "systemic rape". The article puts it in as one of many things that happen "systemically", meaning it could still be rare.

Yes and if it was The US raping ethnic minority prisoners you'd be saying the same wouldn't you? 🤔
Original post by caravaggio2
Yes and if it was The US raping ethnic minority prisoners you'd be saying the same wouldn't you? 🤔

It would be an isolated case. This article is sensationalizing the entire situation in order to make Uighur women feel better, even though its not the nicest of topics to read about for the rest of womenkind (and probably mankind).
Original post by caravaggio2

If it did happen it would be an isolated case the person if caught and changed would spend a long time in prison.
If you want to see real human rights abuses of Muslims go to Palestine. China is nothing compared to Israel.
Original post by Gattopardo
Palestine is controlled by a group (Hamas) who not only overthrew the legitimate Palestinian government, they committed atrocities on the Palestinian people. In addition, they deliberately contravene Geneva Conventions - e.g. by targeting and killing Israeli civilians, using civilians without uniforms as soldiers, using civilian buildings to hide tunnels used to fire rockets at civilians, using children as soldiers etc.

Probably because the "legitimate" government was bought and paid for by Israel/ US.

As for violating Human Rights violations isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? However Israel does get a huge degree of military funding unlike Palestine who has to resort to fighting 'dirty'. How do you expect them to compete in a conventional battle otherwise?

Btw Im not even pro Palestine. I just don't like the Israeli government and their general *****y behaviour that many Jews elsewhere find repulsive.
No, the unity government was chosen by the Palestinian people. Hamas overthrew democracy there, and cannot claim to represent the Palestinian people.

I believe (based on polling) that the majority of people in Palestine want a peace deal to be formed with Israel and for Hamas to change its interactions with Israel (i.e. regarding the systematic breaches of Geneva Conventions).

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182837

From 2014:

Every time anything is about to happen at the UN the US vetoes it no matter what it's a complete joke. Palestine is screwed no matter what.
I certainly think that the Israeli government is acting in bad faith by illegally settling on Palestinian territory it has annexed. But the war crimes of Hamas against both Palestinian and Israeli civilians is what gives the Israeli government free rein to exploit the situation.

Until Hamas are overthrown, it is difficult to see peace. It is also likely that a peaceful situation would require Israel to give up the land it has illegally settled, but that is one of the smaller problems.

The way the Palestinian territories are divided into noncontiguous ares with the West Bank and the Gaza Strip as well as the land that Israel has annexed in many chunks makes it especially difficult to see how Palestine and Israel could live as two neighbouring harmonious states. But Europe managed it after WW2, so I am still optimistic.

I don't think there's any viable solution and I support neither side.

Israel is an expansionist apartheid regime which would be fine if they weren't parasitically manipulating the west into supporting them even as the west slides into deeper dysfunctionality .

Meanwhile the Muslim world is largely corrupt and leaderless save for Iran/ Syria whom most of the Muslim world hates.

As the west slides deeper into farce and collapses underneath it's own stupidity and arrogance and is then unable to protect Israel or fund the puppet regimes across the middle east, Israel will survive only due to its nukes but will increasingly become a hated pariah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending