The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

MSc Physician Associate Studies - 2022 Start

Hi friends!

My name is Maryam and I am a final year MSc Physician Associate student at Queen Mary University of London. I have been an ambassador of the university for 4 years and I also did my undergraduate degree at QM (BSc Biochemistry).

Applications for the 2022 entry open in May 2021, so with only 3 months to go, it’s a good idea to start thinking about your application and personal statement.

I’ll be more than happy to help out where I can with your journeys so just reply to this thread and we can get started!

Maryam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Maryam,

Do you know what style of interviews Queen Mary's are going to be using? :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by imi210
Hi Maryam,

Do you know what style of interviews Queen Mary's are going to be using? :smile:

Hey! I’m so sorry for the late reply! QM uses panel interviews!
Hey, when do you normally give out interviews and offers ??? Like in summer or after ?
Hi Maryam, can students with a background in Psychology apply for the MSC PA course? Thanks in advance!
Reply 5
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi friends!

My name is Maryam and I am a final year MSc Physician Associate student at Queen Mary University of London. I have been an ambassador of the university for 4 years and I also did my undergraduate degree at QM (BSc Biochemistry).

Applications for the 2022 entry open in May 2021, so with only 3 months to go, it’s a good idea to start thinking about your application and personal statement.

I’ll be more than happy to help out where I can with your journeys so just reply to this thread and we can get started!

Maryam

Can you give idea about sample interview questions that you had? How to handle it? What sort of questions?
Reply 6
Hi Maryam, Thanks for getting back to me. How soon after applications are QMUL planning on offering interviews?
Original post by va12344
Hey, when do you normally give out interviews and offers ??? Like in summer or after ?

Hello!

I received my interview offer around late October (for an interview in November) and then my offer in December.

Maryam
Original post by Llamalava
Hi Maryam, can students with a background in Psychology apply for the MSC PA course? Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Yes most definitely! One of my close friends on the PA course has a degree in Psychology! Certain topics (for eg. Anatomy) can be a little tricky when you don’t have the background, but it’s definitely doable!

Maryam
Original post by Senma
Can you give idea about sample interview questions that you had? How to handle it? What sort of questions?

Hello!

The questions are quite similar to a medical school interview. I can’t say sample questions but I would advise that you think about all the skills needed of a Physician Associate, and think about how you’ve demonstrated that or how you will become that. Know exactly why you want to be a Physician Associate and what exactly their role is. Also maybe brush up on some of the regulation news.

Good luck!
Maryam
Original post by imi210
Hi Maryam, Thanks for getting back to me. How soon after applications are QMUL planning on offering interviews?

Hi!

No worries. I’m not sure exactly but I heard back mid December for the January start.

Maryam
Hi! I am thinking of applying here for the PA course. However i wanted to know how the interviews will be held because im sure it is different due to the pandemic. Is it an online meeting style interview where you speak to the panel? Or is it like other unis where you record your answers and upload them? I assume the style is MMI aswell, right? Also how many questions are there? Is there a set number? Do they ask questions concerning your personal statement or is it other types of questions similar to med interviews?
Hi sis! How was the panel interview like? Did you find it stressful and what tips do you have to prepare for it? Also just wanted to ask if you applied to other universities too as they usually start sept and to hear back from qm late Oct would mean you’d have to decline the other universities? How did you choose what to do
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hello!

I received my interview offer around late October (for an interview in November) and then my offer in December.

Maryam

Hi Maryam,
Thanks for your reply!! Also one last thing, what’s the cohort size and if there is a waiting list when is the latest we’d know by? I know someone who was placed on the waiting list this year but the Uni never got back to them about a place becoming available and only got back to them one month after the course started just to say they have no places left and to try again
Hi Maryam,

I’m a newly qualified nurse interested in taking up PA course in 2022. I am finding quite difficult in defining the difference between the responsibilities of a doctor and PA. I was just wondering if you can shed a light in this question?

Thank tou
Hi Maryam,

I was wondering what the application process was like? How long would the personal statement need to be? Does QMUL require us to answer specific questions within our personal statements? If so where can we find this information?

Thank you.
Reply 16
Hi Maryam,

when will the application open to apply for Jan 2022 applicants? Because It was meant to be in May 2021 then it changed to June the 7th however it is still unavailable to apply.
Hi Maryam, I have the same issue as Humy163 do you know whats going on?
Anyone heard anything? I’ve emailed the postgraduate admissions team, will update when I get a response.
Reply 19
Original post by Selceylan
Anyone heard anything? I’ve emailed the postgraduate admissions team, will update when I get a response.

nope, have been checking everyday still the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending