The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation 2021

hi! i’m going to firm leeds for 2021 but don’t know what accommodation to go for. I think central village looks really nice but scared it won’t be sociable, and like james bailie but it looks far!!!

any help will be appreciated ❤️

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eleanorjonesxx
hi! i’m going to firm leeds for 2021 but don’t know what accommodation to go for. I think central village looks really nice but scared it won’t be sociable, and like james bailie but it looks far!!!

Hey! I've accepted my offer for Leeds for September 2021 and I've applied for White Rose View! Its a very new one as it was only built last year I think but it looks really nice, has ensuite bathrooms, great facilities and is only 10 mins from campus and close to the city centre! There's not much about it online as it's so new, but from the Facebook groups I've joined it looks quite sociable and seems like it will be a popular one this year!

I considered James Baillie too as I definitely want a social experience which JB is known for, but historically I've heard that its always very oversubscribed so in the end I didn't apply for it as I didn't want to risk not getting it and being put somewhere I didn't like lol. Also it is quite far from campus, about a 20 min walk I think which is another thing that put me off a bit.

I've also heard that Central Village is really hit or miss in terms of how sociable it is as some people have had a nice time whilst others have seemed to be stuck with boring flatmates... Also I believe it is quite popular amongst international students. The rooms do look nice though and seem pretty big :smile: hope that helps haha!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by PujaSharma_
Hey! I've accepted my offer for Leeds for September 2021 and I've applied for White Rose View! Its a very new one as it was only built last year I think but it looks really nice, has ensuite bathrooms, great facilities and is only 10 mins from campus and close to the city centre! There's not much about it online as it's so new, but from the Facebook groups I've joined it looks quite sociable and seems like it will be a popular one this year!

I considered James Baillie too as I definitely want a social experience which JB is known for, but historically I've heard that its always very oversubscribed so in the end I didn't apply for it as I didn't want to risk not getting it and being put somewhere I didn't like lol. Also it is quite far from campus, about a 20 min walk I think which is another thing that put me off a bit.

I've also heard that Central Village is really hit or miss in terms of how sociable it is as some people have had a nice time whilst others have seemed to be stuck with boring flatmates... Also I believe it is quite popular amongst international students. The rooms do look nice though and seem pretty big :smile: hope that helps haha!

I thought that about white rose lol that it’ll be full of rich internationals lmao but because it’s so modern I’m keen to apply there
Original post by Peter76530
I thought that about white rose lol that it’ll be full of rich internationals lmao but because it’s so modern I’m keen to apply there

yeah I wasn't too sure about it as first either but after joining some Leeds Uni offer holder groups and things on Facebook, loads of uk students seem to want to stay there this year, some people have even booked it privately because they want it so badly lol
that’s a great decision white rose looks reallly nice and i’ve heard great things about it- it’s just slightly too expensive for my budget. I’m really torn between the nice rooms and the lively accommodation like james baillee etc.I joined a central village facebook group like you said you did and everyone seemed normal but there was quite a few international students. I’m just going to keep researching i think for a while! thanks for the help xx
I think it just depends what your preferences are, James baillee has a massive drug culture, and is very loud! If you want a good nights sleep don't go there as there's parties every night. Also consider what type of social person you are, you could be more of a chatty social person that raves social person. At end of day the accommodation you end up in isn't that deep as you can always move...
that’s a great decision white rose looks reallly nice and i’ve heard great things about it- it’s just slightly too expensive for my budget. I’m really torn between the nice rooms and the lively accommodation like james baillee etc.I joined a central village facebook group like you said you did and everyone seemed normal but there was quite a few international students. I’m just going to keep researching i think for a while! thanks for the help xx

yeah its SO tough deciding which one to pick especially as they only let you put one down! defo take all the time you need though as the deadline is ages away and they thankfully don't operate on a first come first serve basis either :smile: I'm sure whichever you choose will be lovely! x

Central village is also 43 week contract when others are the necessary 39 weeks....why pay for more weeks if not required?
Hi guys im stuck on what accom to choose I got my medicine offer the other day!!! I was thinking between central village , cityside or tannery :smile:
Original post by PujaSharma_

OMG so glad I've found someone who's booked White rose view this year in 2021 because I was really hesitant to put my name down for it. What are the groups called on facebook may I ask?
Hey! I’m in a few, there’s one just for WRV which is called ‘White Rose View 2021/2022 and also ‘University of Leeds Freshers 2021/2022’ and ‘University of Leeds offer holders 2021’ and ‘Leeds Freshers 2021/2022’ :smile:
i’m currently at uol and last year i had the same problem of struggling to pick an accom so thought i’d help!
1) yes central village is extremely hit or miss, i had one friend who found 5 great flat mates and loves it and another who moved to james baille because her flat mates were so unsociable
2) james baille is sociable but i wouldn’t apply unless you’re firstly happy to be put in a **** accom if u don’t get in (very likely since it’s so popular) and secondly if u won’t be comfortable with the drug aspect
3) i know a few people at white rose and everyone i’ve spoken to has good things to say about it, i haven’t been there yet but it’s in a good location and the flats r brand new
hope this helps - feel free to ask any uni related questions, im in monty b by the way - might be worth checking it out if u r still unsure as everyone here is sick and it’s really chill, all my flat mates r lovely and sociable and it’s so cheap!
Original post by tango4723
i’m currently at uol and last year i had the same problem of struggling to pick an accom so thought i’d help!
1) yes central village is extremely hit or miss, i had one friend who found 5 great flat mates and loves it and another who moved to james baille because her flat mates were so unsociable
2) james baille is sociable but i wouldn’t apply unless you’re firstly happy to be put in a **** accom if u don’t get in (very likely since it’s so popular) and secondly if u won’t be comfortable with the drug aspect
3) i know a few people at white rose and everyone i’ve spoken to has good things to say about it, i haven’t been there yet but it’s in a good location and the flats r brand new
hope this helps - feel free to ask any uni related questions, im in monty b by the way - might be worth checking it out if u r still unsure as everyone here is sick and it’s really chill, all my flat mates r lovely and sociable and it’s so cheap!

Hi thanks so much for your help. i’ve been thinking of applying to montague burton recently but I’m worried if it’s over subscribed and I get put somewhere ****? Do you recommend and how is it sharing a bathroom xx
Hi thanks so much for your help. i’ve been thinking of applying to montague burton recently but I’m worried if it’s over subscribed and I get put somewhere ****? Do you recommend and how is it sharing a bathroom xx

yeh it’s a risk putting it as u might get lupton or oxley but i think it’s less oversubscribed than some of the others so might be worth a shot! yeh i definitely recommend it, im in a flat of 9 so there’s 3 toilets 3 showers between us and honestly it’s fine, it’s almost better than having an en-suite because a cleaner comes in 3 times a week and cleans it for us lol, yeh it seems scary to share with people u don’t know at first but within a week ur all so close anyway that u don’t care anymore! also might be worth adding that i’ve not spoken to anyone at montague who doesn’t get on with their flat mates, everyone’s rly chill but also up for a good night out, great mix in my opinion x
Original post by lilymilly20
Hi guys im stuck on what accom to choose I got my medicine offer the other day!!! I was thinking between central village , cityside or tannery :smile:

Hi! I’m going to accept my offer for Leeds and I’m also thinking of the tannery!
yeh it’s a risk putting it as u might get lupton or oxley but i think it’s less oversubscribed than some of the others so might be worth a shot! yeh i definitely recommend it, im in a flat of 9 so there’s 3 toilets 3 showers between us and honestly it’s fine, it’s almost better than having an en-suite because a cleaner comes in 3 times a week and cleans it for us lol, yeh it seems scary to share with people u don’t know at first but within a week ur all so close anyway that u don’t care anymore! also might be worth adding that i’ve not spoken to anyone at montague who doesn’t get on with their flat mates, everyone’s rly chill but also up for a good night out, great mix in my opinion x.

ok i think you’ve convinced me lol it sounds great. just worried i’ll get put in oxley or lupton, can you try and move or complain if you do get put somewhere ****? 😭 thanks for your help xxx
ok i think you’ve convinced me lol it sounds great. just worried i’ll get put in oxley or lupton, can you try and move or complain if you do get put somewhere ****? 😭 thanks for your help xxx

yeh u can apply to move if u don’t like ur accom but u rnt guaranteed a place! tbh there’s a risk that u will get put in headingley wherever u apply but i have some friends in lupton and they’ve made the best of it so don’t worry about it too much! i’m not sure if this did anything but in my application i requested a 9 person flat and that if i didn’t get monty b to be put in leodis as ik that’s not too oversubscribed. let me know if u have any more general uni questions!!
Reply 17
Original post by zainaaaa
Hi! I’m going to accept my offer for Leeds and I’m also thinking of the tannery!

Same, I’m doing dentistry hopefully. I think it’s good as it seems to not be to crazy with social life. I prefer a chatty social aspect rather than partying every night of the week.
Original post by Jhfd
Same, I’m doing dentistry hopefully. I think it’s good as it seems to not be to crazy with social life. I prefer a chatty social aspect rather than partying every night of the week.

yup, me too! I’m nervous about meeting new people 😩 plus I’m Muslim so I will not be partying 😫

Hey do you know anything about Leodis and Charles Morris ( storm Jameson ) . I’m debating between those two and White rose! I really can’t decide

Quick Reply

Latest