The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Data Science application

Hello everyone,

I have applied for MSc Data Science at UCL in January but haven't heard back yet. I would like to ask whether that is normal since it has taken nearly 3 months. Also, since universities have now closed for easter vacation, does that means they will definitely not answer during vacation ?

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I don't think the department is giving out offers yet. From the application portal, they've had an overwhelming number of applicants so decisions are taking longer than expected. I expect that they might start giving out offers from mid-April onwards. This is just based on the fact that applications closed mid-Mar + 10 days for everyone to get their final references in.
Reply 2
Hi there,
I'm a prospective postgrad student applying for a Master's in Data Science at various institutions and need a bit of advice on writing my personal statement, would be grateful for any help that you could offer!
Original post by corex12
Hello everyone,

I have applied for MSc Data Science at UCL in January but haven't heard back yet. I would like to ask whether that is normal since it has taken nearly 3 months. Also, since universities have now closed for easter vacation, does that means they will definitely not answer during vacation ?

Thanks in advance!

I have applied for the same course. I did try contacting them a while ago regarding offers but I haven't heard back yet.
Usually, the offers are rolled out by the end of March so let's see.
:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Evelynmist
I have applied for the same course. I did try contacting them a while ago regarding offers but I haven't heard back yet.
Usually, the offers are rolled out by the end of March so let's see.
:smile:

Good luck with that! I know two of my friends who got rejected already from UCL MSc DS so it could be a good thing that they haven't replied yet (hope so).
Original post by corex12
Good luck with that! I know two of my friends who got rejected already from UCL MSc DS so it could be a good thing that they haven't replied yet (hope so).

Thank you :smile:
I am getting so much anxiety from this whole thing tbh.
Did you hear back yet?
Reply 6
Thank you :smile:
I am getting so much anxiety from this whole thing tbh.
Did you hear back yet?

Nope, not yet :smile: Did you only apply to UCL?
Original post by corex12
Nope, not yet :smile: Did you only apply to UCL?

No, I have also applied to LSE, Warwick and Edinburgh.
I have one conditional offer from Warwick and a sad rejection from LSE lol.
Is your portico also showing “Application under assessment”?
Reply 8
No, I have also applied to LSE, Warwick and Edinburgh.
I have one conditional offer from Warwick and a sad rejection from LSE lol.
Is your portico also showing “Application under assessment”?

Yep :smile:
Original post by corex12
Yep :smile:

Is that a good thing?
Reply 10
Is that a good thing?

Honestly I really dont know. I hope it does though :biggrin:
Original post by corex12
Honestly I really dont know. I hope it does though :biggrin:

Okaaaay
Me too
Reply 12
Okaaaay
Me too

Did you hear back or not yet? It's been 3 months that I have been waiting lol :biggrin:
Original post by corex12
Did you hear back or not yet? It's been 3 months that I have been waiting lol :biggrin:

Nope :frown:
I just keep on checking my freakin portico again and again even though I know I will get a mail as soon as there will be a change in my status.
It's so frustrating and I know I am ranting Lol.
But At least you can relate to this while my parents can't.
🥲
Reply 14
Nope :frown:
I just keep on checking my freakin portico again and again even though I know I will get a mail as soon as there will be a change in my status.
It's so frustrating and I know I am ranting Lol.
But At least you can relate to this while my parents can't.
🥲

I am in the exact same position as you lol. I think UCL is closed for Easter so it takes even longer for them to process them. It's so frustrating !!
Original post by corex12
I am in the exact same position as you lol. I think UCL is closed for Easter so it takes even longer for them to process them. It's so frustrating !!

Yep.
Are you a home or an overseas student?
Reply 16
Yep.
Are you a home or an overseas student?

Home :smile: you ?
Original post by corex12
Home :smile: you ?

Overseas.
Do you have offers from other universities?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Overseas.
Do you have offers from other universities?

Nope not yet.
Original post by corex12
Nope not yet.

Ok.
I hate waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending