The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by spk00
Congrats to everyone that got offers, this year was super tough so you all deserve so much. I'm a current Biomed at Brighton uni and just got my offer today for BSMS! If anyone has questions about Brighton uni or generally Brighton then I'm happy to try and answer them, if not see you all in September!!:smile:

how do you apply for accommodation, and is it first come first serve? Also, is it some rooms double and some single and you get a random one or can you ask for which one you want? (sorry for so many questions!!)
Original post by spk00
Congrats to everyone that got offers, this year was super tough so you all deserve so much. I'm a current Biomed at Brighton uni and just got my offer today for BSMS! If anyone has questions about Brighton uni or generally Brighton then I'm happy to try and answer them, if not see you all in September!!:smile:

How is Brighton like?
Do you like it?
How is the uni like?
How is student life like?
How expensive is living there?
How is the night life like?
How diverse is the city?

Just some general questions I thought would be good to know the answers too!
Reply 22
Original post by SorryMedic
How is Brighton like?
Do you like it?
How is the uni like?
How diverse is the city?

Just some general questions I thought would be good to know the answers too!

How is Brighton like?
- So I always say Brighton is a mini-London, it's very culturally diverse and most people are super friendly!
Do you like it?
- I really like it here, there is an absurd amount of restaurants/cafes and things to do and my favourite part is being able to take short walk to the beach.
How is the uni like?
- So I've spent time on both Brighton and Sussex's campus and I think Sussex has more facilities and more of a university vibe,
- Considering we can access both Sussex and Brighton university, there are a considerable amount of societies for pretty much everyone!
- To be honest it is generally fairly expensive and can be compared with London prices for most things with the exception of Alcohol which is relatively cheaper:wink:
-Night life is good in that the clubs are bars are situated very close to the beach and there are buses throughout the night going from falmer campus into town!
How diverse is the city?
-As I kinda mentioned Brighton is very diverse and you find people from all backgrounds!

Let me know if you have any specific questions!:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Giggi12
how do you apply for accommodation, and is it first come first serve? Also, is it some rooms double and some single and you get a random one or can you ask for which one you want? (sorry for so many questions!!)

Okay, so I took this from the website "You must make BSMS your first choice when confirming places with UCAS, and submit your application for university residences by the deadline in late June".
I believe that all rooms are singles but there is a choice for ensuite or non ensuite. Sorry I can't be more help with accommodation applications, I came to Brighton clearing so didn't have to do these applications:smile:
Is anyone else really scared (but also kind of excited) to move to a whole new place and make new friends??
Original post by spk00
Okay, so I took this from the website "You must make BSMS your first choice when confirming places with UCAS, and submit your application for university residences by the deadline in late June".
I believe that all rooms are singles but there is a choice for ensuite or non ensuite. Sorry I can't be more help with accommodation applications, I came to Brighton clearing so didn't have to do these applications:smile:

Tysm!!
Reply 26
Original post by spk00

Thats okay, thank you so much! 😁
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JaffleMcCraffle
Is anyone else really scared (but also kind of excited) to move to a whole new place and make new friends??

Yeah I’m really excited for the independence and opportunities and I can’t wait to meet all the new people and learn medicine. I’m also super nervous tho ahhh
Reply 28
I think it’ll be cool to hear everyone’s different accents, people from the south always sound so posh to me
Original post by L.Da
I think it’ll be cool to hear everyone’s different accents, people from the south always sound so posh to me

haha most of us aren't posh at all, my mum and I are from the north so it'll be nice to hear familiar accents again
Original post by bubblegum927
Yeah I’m really excited for the independence and opportunities and I can’t wait to meet all the new people and learn medicine. I’m also super nervous tho ahhh

sameeeeee! Like actually studying medicine 🤩🤩 and all the dissections and modules and placementssssss. Plus, the societies look incredible!
Original post by L.Da

Omggggg 🤣😭 where are you from?
Have you guys all firmed BSMS? Also do you know when we will be able to get accommodation? And what accommodation are you guys thinking?
sameeeeee! Like actually studying medicine 🤩🤩 and all the dissections and modules and placementssssss. Plus, the societies look incredible!

Yeah I just think it’ll be amazing to learn about all the different diseases but I hope the workload is manageable 😂
Have you guys all firmed BSMS? Also do you know when we will be able to get accommodation? And what accommodation are you guys thinking?

I’m probably looking at the Sussex campus as it’ll be closer to the lectures. It’s quite difficult to choose because we only have 3 options for accommodation.
Yeah I just think it’ll be amazing to learn about all the different diseases but I hope the workload is manageable 😂

Ikr! I’m so used to doing work from home, and I only take 3 level subjects, so I have loads of frees at the moment. It’ll be weird having so much more work (and harder work) to do! 😂😭
I’m probably looking at the Sussex campus as it’ll be closer to the lectures. It’s quite difficult to choose because we only have 3 options for accommodation.

Oh wait there are 3 options??? I’ve only been looking at two this whole time!!! I like the look of the Sussex campus, too! At least it’s easy to get to town from both of them
Reply 37
Ikr! I’m so used to doing work from home, and I only take 3 level subjects, so I have loads of frees at the moment. It’ll be weird having so much more work (and harder work) to do! 😂😭

I remember finding university work very different from a-levels, especially the independence where you don't rely on teachers to tell you what to do. While I do think there will be a lot more work to cover, it might not necessarily be a difficult as you may expect!!
Reply 38

Can we join societies from both unis? Do you know by any chance?
Reply 39
Original post by Giggi12
Can we join societies from both unis? Do you know by any chance?

Hey, so yeah you can acess both Brighton and sussex university societies and those from BSMS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending