The Student Room Group

Keyboard size

Hi, I just wanted to ask, what do you ppl recommend, a 60% keyboard or a tkl? Is it worth it having no arrow keys, and does it make a difference?
Original post by FriskyMega
Hi, I just wanted to ask, what do you ppl recommend, a 60% keyboard or a tkl? Is it worth it having no arrow keys, and does it make a difference?

Other people's recommendations are fairly meaningless in this context, this is an entirely subjective decision. Buy the keyboard with the keys you use, then decide whether the space savings or ergonomic changes justify cutting out the keys you don't. I go TKL because I rarely use a numpad outside of work and favour the extra space on my deskpad for mouse movement than I do having a numpad on the few occasions I use it. But I use my arrow keys extensively, so any recommendations to 60% make zero sense.
Reply 2
Ok, thanks, appreciate the advice
I don't care, I type with my index fingers haha
I just got some **** from the charity shop and use it for 20 years.

It has special buttons for music, voulume, programs, back and forward buttons etc. that I never use.
I use a full keyboard with numpad and media controls because I find them useful. It is all down to personal preference though.
Reply 6
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
I don't care, I type with my index fingers haha

lol :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ozzyoscy
I just got some **** from the charity shop and use it for 20 years.

It has special buttons for music, voulume, programs, back and forward buttons etc. that I never use.

lmao
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
I use a full keyboard with numpad and media controls because I find them useful. It is all down to personal preference though.

kk thx
I typically use my 60% as it's a hot swap board which is very useful to me (it's a GMMK).

Depends on your needs/wants tbh.
I've got 88 keys on mine, but tbf you can make do with less.

Quick Reply

Latest