The Student Room Group

BAE Systems Apprentices 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mooni2021
What did they ask you in the hirevue interview? Ive got one too..I'm just preparing for common interview questions now. From what I've read they don't ask you anything technical??

Yeah it’s all just competency stuff. I’m not sure if it depends on the scheme you’ve applied for what you get asked but it’s just basic competency questions. It threw me off quite a bit when I came to do it because I’d researched so much into the company and thought they’d ask at least one question about it but I was wrong. Hopefully I’ll get to the next stage though so the research wasn’t all for nothing haha
Thanks you. And fingers crossed getting through to the next stage 🤞.
Original post by Mooni2021
Thanks you. And fingers crossed getting through to the next stage 🤞.

Good luck! 👍
Original post by zb3
Good luck! 👍

Good luck everyone. My HireVue interview is due within the next week so hopefully everything goes well.
Original post by G11T11
Good luck everyone. My HireVue interview is due within the next week so hopefully everything goes well.

Welldone! Getting an interview, quick question is there for apprenticeship or the degree level from last year?, just because my application been referred to line manager but not heard anything yet! Thanks and best of luck!
Original post by Kayleigh49
Welldone! Getting an interview, quick question is there for apprenticeship or the degree level from last year?, just because my application been referred to line manager but not heard anything yet! Thanks and best of luck!

Mine is for a degree level apprenticeship. I suppose it will depend what scheme you’ve applied for how soon you’ll have to do it and when they’ll get back to you :smile:

Might take a while for the line manager to get back to you. I received that email almost a month ago and was only updated on my application today. Hope everything goes well for you.
Reply 67
Good luck everyone !! I did my hirevue on friday , its not as bad as you expect it too be . All basic competency questions . My status still says “You have been invited to complete a video interview” even tho ive submitted it , everyone elses say that or has it changed ?
Original post by Lrog85
Good luck everyone !! I did my hirevue on friday , its not as bad as you expect it too be . All basic competency questions . My status still says “You have been invited to complete a video interview” even tho ive submitted it , everyone elses say that or has it changed ?

I’ve done mine too and it still says the same. Not sure if it’ll change back after the deadline maybe
Reply 69
Original post by zb3
I’ve done mine too and it still says the same. Not sure if it’ll change back after the deadline maybe

Yeah you’re probably right there mate . Good luck for getting through . Where have you applied for ? Barrow I have applied for .
Original post by Lrog85
Yeah you’re probably right there mate . Good luck for getting through . Where have you applied for ? Barrow I have applied for .

Good luck to you too! I’ve applied to Brough
Reply 71
I received an email with a link to a hirevue interview late last week for the engineering apprenticeship in samlesbury/warton.Just wondered if anyone had done their hirevue interview and what questions to expect?
Original post by ggraggs
I received an email with a link to a hirevue interview late last week for the engineering apprenticeship in samlesbury/warton.Just wondered if anyone had done their hirevue interview and what questions to expect?

Hey there, just completed mine on Saturday. It's honestly not too bad, though obviously not the same as an actual interview. It's mostly competency based, so don't expect anything about your actual course. The kind of questions I mean would be:

What’s your greatness weakness?
Tell me about a time where you succeeded despite being under pressure?

Those kind of behavioural questions. I can talk about it more over PM if you want, but if you look around on the internet and look for the most common HireVue questions that will probably help you.
Original post by zb3

Yeah mine hasn't updated either. I have a confirmation email from them thanking me for completing the interview though, so that's good at least.
Original post by frogtoasted
Yeah mine hasn't updated either. I have a confirmation email from them thanking me for completing the interview though, so that's good at least.

Yeah my deadline was the 1st and still hasn’t changed so I guess it might not until they have an update to give on whether or not I’ve got to the next stage
Original post by zb3
Yeah my deadline was the 1st and still hasn’t changed so I guess it might not until they have an update to give on whether or not I’ve got to the next stage

Was the hirevue interview a live interview or pre recorded with no human interaction
Was the hirevue interview a live interview or pre recorded with no human interaction

Just a pre recorded one with no human interaction. You can re-record your answers as many times as you like!
Has anyone received a reply following their HireVue interview stage yet?
Original post by frogtoasted
Has anyone received a reply following their HireVue interview stage yet?

I’ve only got the email thanking me for completing it but that’s all. At the end of mine it also said they would get back in touch before the end of April so I’m hoping it might be mid-April maybe
Reply 79
Original post by zb3
I’ve only got the email thanking me for completing it but that’s all. At the end of mine it also said they would get back in touch before the end of April so I’m hoping it might be mid-April maybe

I’m the same , still waiting to hear back . Been about 1 and half weeks since i done the interview .
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending