The Student Room Group

what do you think of boris's handling on covid and will have another tory governement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starship Trooper
Well the working class seem to value cultural issues more than economic ones and I can't say I blame them. I wouldn't want to vote for s party/ organisation that hates and wants to replace peolple like me even if I might slightly benefit financially for it.

You appear to have some sort of Stockholm syndrome for the EU, the vast majority of whose UK supporters would regard your other sensible views as 'far right' . This is just as barmy if not more so than that Burton guy voting labour despite being a Brexiteer.

Like I said the 'woke, virtue signing and identity politics' originated from the "moderates" not the commies (although they've now largely adopted these positions now tbf)

Not to go into too much detail to derail the thread I view the EU membership on a purely economical standpoint. Nothing more. We are much better economically in the EU than out of it whereby we’ve erected massive barriers to trade. I’ve yet to see one coherent argument that can show me that we are better off economically out of it, because there isn’t one.

Some like yourself may be prepared to take an economic hit in favour of other rights, I get that.

@Burton Bridge is just a closet Tory, he just doesn’t realise it yet.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Not to go into too much detail to derail the thread I view the EU membership on a purely economical standpoint. Nothing more. We are much better economically in the EU than out of it whereby we’ve erected massive barriers to trade. I’ve yet to see one coherent argument that can show me that we are better off economically out of it, because there isn’t one.

Some like yourself may be prepared to take an economic hit in favour of other rights, I get that.

@Burton Bridge is just a closet Tory, he just doesn’t realise it yet.

I'm not involved in this topic, I'm not sure if this is said in jest or its some delusional thought process of a left wing hating Thacherite trade union supporter. *Cognitive dissonance* :wink:
Original post by cakes are nice9
chat

Being as so I've been brought in here, ill reply on topic.

What do I think, not overly impressed if I'm honest. I started to get quite vexed with it since Jan I've been busy doing a property up, to be honest I've felt better for not listening to the news.

Anyway, Labour are currently led by a "electable, centrist, prime ministerterial, designer suit who will do us wonders. Only problem is he's a looney remainic who is responsible for more of the 2019 defeat than a quuck glance would suggest. Also he is doing a good job of essentially being a tory cheerleader so I'm not sure it really matters how Boris is doing, he doesn't have an oppersistion.
Original post by Burton Bridge
I'm not involved in this topic, I'm not sure if this is said in jest or its some delusional thought process of a left wing hating Thacherite trade union supporter. *Cognitive dissonance* :wink:

Was a joke.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Was a joke.

Here was me thinking you had seen my life-size Boris blow up mascot :tongue:
Original post by Starship Trooper
This is just as barmy if not more so than that Burton guy voting labour despite being a Brexiteer.

Hang on... if you had read my posts you would know, i left the party and I voted conservative *holding my nose* in dec 2019?

There is nothing barmy about voting leave in 2016 and voting Labour in 2017.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Hang on... if you had read my posts you would know, i left the party and I voted conservative *holding my nose* in dec 2019?

There is nothing barmy about voting leave in 2016 and voting Labour in 2017.

I know. And I understand your position which makes more sense to me than hermits

No but there is something slightly barmy about voting leave and Boris in 19 and advocating for the Labour party today.
Not wrong or contradictory per se but definitely unusual for s soft left progressive. If you were a commie or Blue labour it would make s lot more sense.
If Boris's handling of covid doesn't dissuade people, I don't think anything will. Literally anything. He could announce he was a 'paedophile and proud' and then shoot the queen, and people would still vote for him. All he has to do is mess up his hair, mumble about Pericles and wave little British flags. About a week of half-arsed PR will also transform his handling of covid in to a great success, ensuring future Tory governments.

Quick Reply

Latest