The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics and Economic History - 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fredrick111111
LSE gave out a bunch of offers on the 19th of March for, departments like law maths aswell, my offers ABB because I was on the sutton trust pathways programme so I got a contextual offer. Don’t worry though I haven’t heard anyone in my school get an offer

Ah that's great! How much Econ History did you have in your PS?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Asdfguy123
Ah that's great! How much Econ History did you have in your PS?

My split was 50/50, but tbh as long as your ps has a decent amount of EH, and is a good PS you’ll get an offer. Dotn worry too much about GCSEs too, mine were not even that good. They look at what school you come from aswell and compare your GCSEs to that school anywyss
Yeah promise, 19th March sorry!

sorry when did u apply?
My split was 50/50, but tbh as long as your ps has a decent amount of EH, and is a good PS you’ll get an offer. Dotn worry too much about GCSEs too, mine were not even that good. They look at what school you come from aswell and compare your GCSEs to that school anywyss

can u tell when u applied and around what time they replied
thanks
hey bro just want to know what's your predictions&subject combinations and what is your conditions of the offer, did they ask for grades in any subjects?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 2324314141
hey bro just want to know what's your predictions&subject combinations and what is your conditions of the offer, did they ask for grades in any subjects?

i got an offer last week, i'm predicted A*A*A* in maths, econ and history and my offer was AAB.
Original post by hapaxlegomenon27
i got an offer last week, i'm predicted A*A*A* in maths, econ and history and my offer was AAB.

How much Econ history did you have in your PS?
Have you guys heard back, if you haven’t yet does that mean it’s bad or what? I saw somewhere that said that if you haven’t heard anything after April 16th it’s a rejection, is that true?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Gabriel_marcy
Have you guys heard back, if you haven’t yet does that mean it’s bad or what? I saw somewhere that said that if you haven’t heard anything after April 16th it’s a rejection, is that true?

Anyone know if this is true cuz I still haven’t heard back
my friend got her offer 4 days ago, so I don't think that's true ^^
She told me that LSE's economic and economic history was her "throw away-safety course" cause it's really easy to get into, I'm taking a gap year but was looking to apply to this course next year - can I ask, in your opinion is this course really that less competitive or is my friend just exaggerating??
Original post by Anonymous
my friend got her offer 4 days ago, so I don't think that's true ^^
She told me that LSE's economic and economic history was her "throw away-safety course" cause it's really easy to get into, I'm taking a gap year but was looking to apply to this course next year - can I ask, in your opinion is this course really that less competitive or is my friend just exaggerating??

its definitely not easy to get in considering the fact that only 40-50 offers are made and around 300-400 people apply. But it truly depends on ur ps, cause if u just applying to get in to lse, im sorry it wont work. U should consider modules and topics covered and ur interest in the course and write ur ps accordingly. Hopefully u understand that its not that easy cause everything needs a tough work. I really like the course and that is why i applied and got in back in march. I also have ucl econ offer and other pure econs offers but that ones were just because i needed to apply somewhere apart from lse.

so just research more and if u have questions ask
its definitely not easy to get in considering the fact that only 40-50 offers are made and around 300-400 people apply. But it truly depends on ur ps, cause if u just applying to get in to lse, im sorry it wont work. U should consider modules and topics covered and ur interest in the course and write ur ps accordingly. Hopefully u understand that its not that easy cause everything needs a tough work. I really like the course and that is why i applied and got in back in march. I also have ucl econ offer and other pure econs offers but that ones were just because i needed to apply somewhere apart from lse.

so just research more and if u have questions ask

I see, I definitely need to research into it more then. From the way she spoke, my friend made it seem like everyone chose economics and economic history because it would be easier to get into than the straight econ course (she called it the “side door into LSE”) so sorry if I offended you or undermined your hard work - I didn’t realise the competitiveness!! I’ll be sure to research more into it, thank you
I see, I definitely need to research into it more then. From the way she spoke, my friend made it seem like everyone chose economics and economic history because it would be easier to get into than the straight econ course (she called it the “side door into LSE”) so sorry if I offended you or undermined your hard work - I didn’t realise the competitiveness!! I’ll be sure to research more into it, thank you

no worries, its ok
i just wanted to explain thats all)
econs course is definitely the hardest to get in
but there are other good options like econ and politics or econ and geography
so if u have questions dm me happy to help
How much Econ history did you have in your PS?

it was around 30% pure econ hist, but I integrated econ and econ hist by talking about the implications of historical legacy upon present-day government economic policy (if that makes sense)
Reply 54
Does anyone apply for Economics and economics history 2022? I haven't seen any topic about 2022 application. Im an international student and got A*AB in Mathematics Physics Economics, IGCSE A*AABC in Chinese math physics chem accounting. I'm worried about my grade cannot achieve the course. I know the basic requirement is AAB however I saw predict grade all are A*AA or A*A*A above. Does my grade will be less competitive and let me receive a rejection due to my grade?My PS split by 50/50 in pure Econ and Econ his. the structure of my PS is:1.--intro (and mention the relation between Econ and Econ his)2.3.--pure Econ ( mainly political Econ)4.5.--econ his (mainly in his and mention the relate knowledge relative to pure Econ)6. other not relative to Econ but show my interest (few words) and final.Also I want to ask when did yours receive offer/rejection. Thx!!!!!!
Original post by matattsrchat
i will be sending my application next week

A-levels predicted AAA(maths economics accounts)
gcse 7A 2B 1C

my ps has 4 paras. 1 is on econ history rest 2 are intro and ending and one is econ,maths little bit and work experience. both topics were well connected throughout.

long shot😂😂

Hey, did you get accepted?

Quick Reply

Latest