The Student Room Group

RVC - offers after hold?

Hello,

Has anyone heard back from RVC after being placed on hold yet? (4 years) I know they said we'd hear back by 20th May, I was just wondering how likely we are to hear before then in the next few weeks.

Also random second question - can you do an intercalated year on the RVC accelerated bachelors

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I was placed on hold for the 4 year accelerated vet med course, I haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed we will hear soon!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Hiya, also placed on hold for 4 year course. Not expecting to hear anything soon. Have your received any other offers? Whats your background in?
Reply 3
Original post by Taimear
Hiya, also placed on hold for 4 year course. Not expecting to hear anything soon. Have your received any other offers? Whats your background in?

Hi, I only applied for the course at RVC. I'm currently in my final year studying Bioveterinary Science at RVC, how about you?
Reply 4
Original post by vetapp2020LNRS
Hello,

Has anyone heard back from RVC after being placed on hold yet? (4 years) I know they said we'd hear back by 20th May, I was just wondering how likely we are to hear before then in the next few weeks.

Also random second question - can you do an intercalated year on the RVC accelerated bachelors

can you do a vet med degree after this degree? I really want to be a vet and this is my only option because I do btec
Original post by Lea438
can you do a vet med degree after this degree? I really want to be a vet and this is my only option because I do btec

Hello! So this is a vet med degree, it's for graduates who already have their bachelors. It's a year shorter as you already have a degree! I'm not sure if there's another course you could do with a btec, maybe a gateway one? I'd recommend doing vet med as your first degree if you haven't done one already as getting funding after the first is a lot more difficult/hard to finance!

I hope this helps
Reply 6
Hello, I’m in the same boat too! Not sure If we’re supposed to hear before 20th May or on the day? The wait is killing me 😅
Reply 7
Hello! So this is a vet med degree, it's for graduates who already have their bachelors. It's a year shorter as you already have a degree! I'm not sure if there's another course you could do with a btec, maybe a gateway one? I'd recommend doing vet med as your first degree if you haven't done one already as getting funding after the first is a lot more difficult/hard to finance!

I hope this helps

Thats the problem, I cant do vet med with my btec because of either needing extra a levels aswell or gcse requirements so I need to do a degree in bioveterinary science or zoology first, and then progress onto vet med. I know it will be hard to fund but I really want this
Reply 8
Don’t suppose anyone has heard anything 😅 this wait is awful! The closer it gets to May, the more I begin to accept that my offer are just going to be made unsuccessful 😂
Original post by abiomal
Don’t suppose anyone has heard anything 😅 this wait is awful! The closer it gets to May, the more I begin to accept that my offer are just going to be made unsuccessful 😂

I haven't come across anyone that's heard back yet:frown: I don't really expect anyone to hear back till at least mid-late April tbh, as I think that's when they started releasing offers for the holding list last year.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
I just got rejected for the RVC accelerated 4 year course after being on the waiting list, my third rejection 🙃 just need to hear from them about the 5 year course but I assume it will be the same outcome. Has anyone been accepted/rejected for the 5 year RVC course ?
Original post by abiomal
I just got rejected for the RVC accelerated 4 year course after being on the waiting list, my third rejection 🙃 just need to hear from them about the 5 year course but I assume it will be the same outcome. Has anyone been accepted/rejected for the 5 year RVC course ?

I was rejected for the 4 year today as well, I didn't apply to the 5 though
Original post by abiomal

Sorry about your rejection- I just got one too. I've got everything crossed for you for the five year! I know they handed out quite a few rejections fairly early for the 5 year course so it might be a good sign that you haven't heard yet. And also the four year course requires a higher score at interview than the 5 year course too so just because they rejected you doesn't mean you're automatically not going to get a place on the 5 year.
Reply 13
Original post by angrysnail
Sorry about your rejection- I just got one too. I've got everything crossed for you for the five year! I know they handed out quite a few rejections fairly early for the 5 year course so it might be a good sign that you haven't heard yet. And also the four year course requires a higher score at interview than the 5 year course too so just because they rejected you doesn't mean you're automatically not going to get a place on the 5 year.

I’m also sorry about your rejection, have you got any other offers ? Do you know if they handed our rejections pre or post interview ? It’s just knocked my confidence a lot so I’m not holding out hope for the 5 year course tbh
Original post by abiomal
I’m also sorry about your rejection, have you got any other offers ? Do you know if they handed our rejections pre or post interview ? It’s just knocked my confidence a lot so I’m not holding out hope for the 5 year course tbh

Yeah, I have an offer for the 5 year at RVC and at Surrey and I'm going with RVC because that's where I did my first degree. A few people got rejections or offers quite soon after their interviews and then a few more offers and rejections were handed out in the next couple months. I do know a few people still on hold
Reply 15
Yeah, I have an offer for the 5 year at RVC and at Surrey and I'm going with RVC because that's where I did my first degree. A few people got rejections or offers quite soon after their interviews and then a few more offers and rejections were handed out in the next couple months. I do know a few people still on hold

Hey, sorry if this is personal (and of course please don’t feel like you have to answer!) but have you gained interview feedback from your graduate entry interview? I received mine, and gained average at all stations (lol). I’m still on hold for the 5 year, but just wondering if you know if your interviews go up for the 5 year course? X
Reply 16
Original post by jlvetstu
Hello, I was placed on hold for the 4 year accelerated vet med course, I haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed we will hear soon!

Original post by Taimear

I hope this helps

Original post by abiomal
Hello, I’m in the same boat too! Not sure If we’re supposed to hear before 20th May or on the day? The wait is killing me 😅

Did any of you apply to the 4 year at edinburgh? As Im still on hold
Reply 17
Also did anyone apply to the 4 year or 5 year at Dublin?
Original post by abiomal
Hey, sorry if this is personal (and of course please don’t feel like you have to answer!) but have you gained interview feedback from your graduate entry interview? I received mine, and gained average at all stations (lol). I’m still on hold for the 5 year, but just wondering if you know if your interviews go up for the 5 year course? X

Yeah, I got my feedback a few days ago. How useless is it?! I got 2 "above average", and the rest "average" and I did get an offer for the 5 year course. I don't know what a typical score looks like for the 5 year, but I know that it's lower than what you need for accelerated
Reply 19
Yeah, I got my feedback a few days ago. How useless is it?! I got 2 "above average", and the rest "average" and I did get an offer for the 5 year course. I don't know what a typical score looks like for the 5 year, but I know that it's lower than what you need for accelerated

Thank you for letting me know! Yeah the feedback is extremely useless 😂😂 still waiting to hear about the 5 year so I guess I’ll just have to wait a bit longer 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending