The Student Room Group

Royal Conservatoire of Scotland 2021

Hey! Just wanted to start a discussion for people applying to RCS this year as I don’t know anyone who has heard anything back at all yet!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haven’t heard back either! Sent off mine on Jan 24 so probably won’t hear back for a while. Has anyone heard anything?
I sent mine on the 28th, so very last minute! Some people have had some rejections already but I’ve not heard of anyone getting any recalls yet!
Hi there! I haven’t heard anything back and sent my application around two weeks ago.

I saw someone in the Drama School thread that they got rejected within two weeks in the middle of January by the RCS.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Smilingtribute
Hi there! I haven’t heard anything back and sent my application around two weeks ago.

I saw someone in the Drama School thread that they got rejected within two weeks in the middle of January by the RCS.

ayo, I got accepted for jazz in December but im pretty sure that music hear a lot sooner than drama and stuff
Original post by nooollid
ayo, I got accepted for jazz in December but im pretty sure that music hear a lot sooner than drama and stuff

yeah I got accepted for oboe performance as well, but music deadlines are much earlier and we actually had our confirmation deadlines last month whereas the other arts are later.
Original post by EddieTheOboist
yeah I got accepted for oboe performance as well, but music deadlines are much earlier and we actually had our confirmation deadlines last month whereas the other arts are later.

Yep. Our deadline was in January. Music always hears first compared to the other arts. Well done for getting in!
Has anyone applied for BA Musical Theatre and heard anything back yet?x
Reply 8
Hey there! I've not heard anything back from RCS for BA Acting yet - anyone had any luck in the Drama school? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by pichoo
Hey there! I've not heard anything back from RCS for BA Acting yet - anyone had any luck in the Drama school? :biggrin:

Just emailed them today - got this response:

Thank you for your email.

Our audition panels are currently viewing all the recordings which have been submitted for BA Acting and we hope to contact all applicants by mid-April at the very latest as to the progress of their application.

Thank you for your patience.
Reply 10
Original post by mld99
Just emailed them today - got this response:

Thank you for your email.

Our audition panels are currently viewing all the recordings which have been submitted for BA Acting and we hope to contact all applicants by mid-April at the very latest as to the progress of their application.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you so much for your quick reply!! That's good to hear - I saw a couple of people say they received this in an email but I haven't heard this from them without me emailing first, which I was planning on doing tomorrow if I didn't hear anything! But your reply is super helpful - thank you so much!!
Reply 11
how many rounds does BA acting have?
Reply 12
Original post by ailqa
how many rounds does BA acting have?

4 rounds
Original post by mld99
4 rounds

Hiya, I was always told there’d be 3 rounds. Do you know what the fourth is?
Reply 14
Original post by Israelaefomi2468
Hiya, I was always told there’d be 3 rounds. Do you know what the fourth is?

Who told you this? I have my Round 3 coming up next week, so would be lovely if true! Round 4 is supposed to be an interview with the Head and the Associate Head of Acting.
Original post by mld99
Who told you this? I have my Round 3 coming up next week, so would be lovely if true! Round 4 is supposed to be an interview with the Head and the Associate Head of Acting.

It was word of mouth from some of my drama tutors/teachers, maybe its changed since their last experiences! Thanks for letting us know, good luck with round 3 :smile:
Original post by Israelaefomi2468
It was word of mouth from some of my drama tutors/teachers, maybe its changed since their last experiences! Thanks for letting us know, good luck with round 3 :smile:

I'm sure that there were originally going to be 3 rounds (one of which was going to take place at the conservatoire) but it was changed to 4 online rounds due to COVID restrictions. The 3rd round is a group workshop + individual audition and the 4th round is an interview with the head/associate head of the course :smile:
Original post by reusturner
I'm sure that there were originally going to be 3 rounds (one of which was going to take place at the conservatoire) but it was changed to 4 online rounds due to COVID restrictions. The 3rd round is a group workshop + individual audition and the 4th round is an interview with the head/associate head of the course :smile:

Ahhh okay that makes sense now, thanks for explaining👍
Anyone applying to the MA heard anything back? I submitted my application just before the closing date, but was thinking they'd be a bit prompter than this, especially given that when they do in person auditions they decide on the day.
Does anybody know roughly how long it takes to find out whether or not you’ve progressed to the third round? Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending