The Student Room Group

What should I do if my boyfriend is prioritising his ex over me?

When I first started talking to my boyfriend we spoke about our past ex’s whilst getting to know each other. He told me his recent ex whom he dated for a year had cheated on him, so he has no contact with her etc. I did not know who this ex was. Fast forward 6 months later I found out that this ‘ex’ has in fact been one of his close friend within his friend group the entire time, who he does has contact with, works with and talks to... I felt completely taken aback that he lied. I also feel very stupid that the entire time he was mentioning this person I didn’t know it was his ex. When I asked him about it he still lied to my face saying that’s a different girl, until he realised he was tripping over his own lies and finally admitted it. (He has lied about how he knows girls and other things before) I felt uncomfortable because of this and asked him if he could cease contact or put some space between them. He refused to do this. I said that’s fine but in that case the one thing I ask is that I did not want her at the house warming party we would be having because i’d be uncomfortable. He also refused to do this. I gave him an ultimatum saying it’s her or me. He chose her. I feel stupid he has chosen a cheating ex over me. What do I do? I would let him continue being friends and drop this but my gut is telling me not to. I have not seen any of the conversations between them but my gut also feels nervous for what I may find. He has not fought for me at all... Any advice?
yes, l e t h i m g o

let him go
don't give a **** anymore
Reply 2
Honestly, I think you should break up with him and focus on yourself. He's already shown that he cares more about her than you which is a massive red flag.
Make him your ex bf.
Then end all contact with the jerk.
Move on , start chating with more attractive single guys that are looking for a relationship and who tick your boxes.
Good luck!
Reply 4
The problem isnt him hanging out with the girl, the issue is that he's keeping secrets from you unnecessarily. Do you really want a partner that's constantly lying to your face and disregarding your feelings when you're upset about something?
break up with him. it’s disrespectful. Also don’t have a house warming party, people like you are the reason we are going into lockdown after lockdown
don’t have parties in the middle of covid.
Original post by Anonymous
break up with him. it’s disrespectful. Also don’t have a house warming party, people like you are the reason we are going into lockdown after lockdown

Thanks for your advice. Also, this party was to take place when it is allowed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending