The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Mees Economics - Economics Scholarship

Someone here got accepted in the MRes of Economics and or have been awarded with a scholarship?

And someone from ARGENTINA? haha

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I got an acceptance for the course too :smile:

And I'm from India! 😬
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey there, I am from Rajasthan, have applied for MRes Economics, where did you graduate from and which subject?
Original post by Furpton
Hey there, I am from Rajasthan, have applied for MRes Economics, where did you graduate from and which subject?

Hi there! Any news about the scholarship yet? I believe they are already confirming places for the MRes, but don't know when we will hear about the studentship.
I got an offer but haven't heard about studentship, on website it is mentioned that they will notify us by the 13th of April. Still no info about the selection procedure for scholarship and all. BTW, did you also get an offer, are you from Scotland?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! Any news about the scholarship yet? I believe they are already confirming places for the MRes, but don't know when we will hear about the studentship.

Also, do you have any idea of how competitive it's to get the scholarship and what are the chances.
I got an offer but haven't heard about studentship, on website it is mentioned that they will notify us by the 13th of April. Still no info about the selection procedure for scholarship and all. BTW, did you also get an offer, are you from Scotland?

Same here. Got an unconditional offer last friday.

I am not sure about the selection process for the scholarship. All I know is that we are supposed to get 2 different notifications (one from Admissions and one from the College regarding the studentship)

I guess we have to be patient.
Hey! I'm from an entirely different programme, but I've been trying to monitor everything that has to do with PG scholarships (out of sheer anxiety for getting one myself). So far I haven't seen anyone who has been awarded a PG scholarship for the next academic session, even the ones that supposedly could be announced way earlier, such as the International Leadership Scholarship. Hope you guys get your notifications soon!
Original post by Victor Camilo
Hey! I'm from an entirely different programme, but I've been trying to monitor everything that has to do with PG scholarships (out of sheer anxiety for getting one myself). So far I haven't seen anyone who has been awarded a PG scholarship for the next academic session, even the ones that supposedly could be announced way earlier, such as the International Leadership Scholarship. Hope you guys get your notifications soon!

Thanks for the info Victor. I assume they must be getting tons of applications for PG studies so they need to assess each one individually before awarding scholarships.

The MRes Studentship has its own deadline, so we should be expecting a notification by 13 April.
Hi, can anyone tell me what wait listed for the studentship means about my chances? I am really tensed and this is a terrible wait. Will they tell me today, tomorrow, or next month? Is there any time frame?
Original post by Hemnalini
Hi, can anyone tell me what wait listed for the studentship means about my chances? I am really tensed and this is a terrible wait. Will they tell me today, tomorrow, or next month? Is there any time frame?

Sorry I didn't quite follow you. Have u been placed on a waiting list for this scholarship? In such case, the final result will be announced in the next round of awards (june according to the website).
Yes, I have been waitlisted for the studentship. The mail mentioned soon, and I had thought it meant a few hours! Can't imagine keeping sane and waiting till June!!!!!!
Yes, I have been waitlisted for the studentship. The mail mentioned soon, and I had thought it meant a few hours! Can't imagine keeping sane and waiting till June!!!!!!

Oh I see. So, you received 2 different e-mails then? One confirming your place for the MRes and then another e-mail where they informed you about the waiting list?

Here is the link where to get the different deadlines
https://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/mresphdineconomicsstudentship/

Have you already been notified as 'waitlisted' for scholarship? If not then you can expect a notification by the 13th of April.

BTW, When did you receive an offer for the program? could you please tell us the time between offer notification and scholarship notification, so we can have an Idea of how much time it'll take for us to get a Yes/No/wait-listed....as we were notified about our offer very recently.
Oh I see. So, you received 2 different e-mails then? One confirming your place for the MRes and then another e-mail where they informed you about the waiting list?

Here is the link where to get the different deadlines
https://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/mresphdineconomicsstudentship/

yes i received two sepearate emails
BTW, When did you receive an offer for the program? could you please tell us the time between offer notification and scholarship notification, so we can have an Idea of how much time it'll take for us to get a Yes/No/wait-listed....as we were notified about our offer very recently.

I was informed about my admissions last week , and the wait list yesterday
Have you already been notified as 'waitlisted' for scholarship? If not then you can expect a notification by the 13th of April.

yeah but when will I get to know if I have been removed from the waitlist? there's no information on that sadly
Reply 18
I was informed about my admissions last week , and the wait list yesterday

Did you people already accept the offer? is it like only if we have accepted our offer then only we'll be evaluated for MRes Studentship?
Original post by Furpton
Did you people already accept the offer? is it like only if we have accepted our offer then only we'll be evaluated for MRes Studentship?

No, I don't think we have to accept the offer as I have not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending